Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ogestrel-28

Learn more about Ogestrel-28.

Birth Control 4 reviews 226 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ogestrel-28 reviews 4 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Ogestrel-28

Review by Lolagirl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: This is the only birth control I've been on that has stopped my breakthrough bleeding due to it being the highest dose possible. I have gained 20 pounds while on it (but honestly I needed to gain weight anyway) and to my surprise have larger breasts (which is not so bad either). I do get occasional migraines with this pill and slight mood swings, but over time it has gotten better, just think the body has to become used to it. I highly recommend it if you are experiencing breakthrough bleeding, it truely has been a lifesaver in that aspect. When I went from 3 weeks of bleeding to the normal 1 week, well worth the occasional migraine or mood swing.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2013 8:01 AM

For Birth Control: My gynecologist put me on this medication because I have ovarian cysts on both ovaries and also take anticonvulsants, which can make birth control less effective. Since this is the highest dose of BC we were hopeful to avoid surgery. The first month I was on Ogestrel I went from being emotionally well balanced to crying everyday, becoming angry very easily, and feeling very anxious. I did not have any further side effects, but could not take this medication any longer. The Ogestrel had no effect on the ovarian cysts.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2012 11:12 PM

For Birth Control: I switched from another pill to this one because of side effects of the other pill. This pill regulated my moods, and increased my chest size and sex drive. However, I gained 12lbs in less than 6 months and was unable to lose it despite diet and exercise. It also gave me dangerously high blood pressure which went back down when I switched off of it. So if you are worried about weight gain and blood pressure this isn't the pill for you. Periods were also heavier than on the previous pill I was on.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2011 11:07 AM

For Birth Control: The doctor put me on Ogestrel because I made the mistake of telling him that my period never started when the white pills started on my previous birth control. However they did come every month so it wasn't a big deal to me. He put me Ogestrel because it was the highest dose to give. After the first month I thought I was going crazy. I had absolutely NO control over my emotions. Not to mention it led to constant chest pains. I have a mitrovalve prolapse. Most birth controls says not to take it if you have a valve problem but I've been on them since I was 16 and never had any problems. My fiance and my mom couldn't stand my rapid changing emotions and she told me I don't care what the doctor says COME OFF THEM. No problems since I changed back to my old one.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate