User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 162 reviews 275 medications

5.1
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 162 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I've been on Minastrin for 7 months now. I was prescribed this specific OCP bc I have PCOS. This medication has helped decrease my cramps, acne, and mood swings. I would recommend this birth control to anyone. I work in an OBGYN clinic, so I get samples. Not sure how much it would cost if I had to get the prescription filled."

Kia011187 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Minastrin 24 Fe for 3 years now and I have no more cramps or period ever! My period stopped completely for a year now! Before I used to suffer from horrible cramps and heavy period but now I feel amazing every month! I totally recommend and wish I had found it when I was a teenager!"

Roseintouch May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was only on Minastrin a total of two months after switching from Beyaz (I only switched because my body was no longer reacting well to the Beyaz after having taken it for 8 years - I had increasing breakthrough bleeding). With Minastrin I have been getting regular migraines and had headaches every day. I gained 7lbs in the first month even though I'm active and eat very healthy. I've never had problems with my skin breaking out and since I've started taking this medication, I've had constant breakouts all over my face. I normally have no stomach issues but this also gave me random stomachaches. Everyone reacts differently to medications but this one was certainly not right for me. My doctor has me trying Sprintec now (fingers crossed)."

MH7982 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "perfect!!! in the first pack, my skin cleared up and there was no weight gain, and I had the lightest period of my life!!! four days, and very light. second pack was a little rough on my skin and I had gained five pounds, but by the third pack my skin was crystal clear again and I had lost the weight I had gained. still very light periods, and definitely not pregnant. I wish I could go back to this, but it stopped being covered by my insurance three packs in. if this is covered by your insurance, I hope this works for you because I would give anything to go back to this one."

Emily I May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "While it was effective, I hated the side effects and am discontinuing after less than one month. It made me feel hungry and I started to break out. I was having sleep issues and bleeding in between periods. I'm currently on my cycle and I'm miserable. My period has been heavy for four days and I have cramps. This is unusual for me. Not worth it!"

CMBO April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "My Experience were constant weight gain migraines very bad abdominal pain mood swings and heavy periods and bad cramps. i do not recommended this for anyone and would give 0 stars if i could."

BriiJ98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different. I've have nothing but the best experience with his particular BC pill. I was on loestrine and was sad to find out it was discontinued. Happy to know that the name was the only thing that change (and the fact that it is now a chewable tablet) . Anyways , i love it !! My period become light within the first month. I did have horrible headaches for the first few weeks. I've been taking these for 6 years !!!! I stopped for about a 2 months and my period went back to being super heavy. I love the effects it has on my cycle, light and short only about 2-3days. I didn't experience mood swings or weight gain/loss. I regret not finding these sooner like when I was in highe school and experience painful cramping."

Sonia408 April 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on Minastrin to help regulate my periods which were coming every two weeks or so, and ever since I've been on this pill, all I've done is bleed! Now I'm constantly having my period..... Hope I don't bleed to death! Fml"

Mel K April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill it worked great! The first few months my period was lighter, only 2-3 days of non heavy bleeding. I also lost 25lbs. Then around the 4th month I started getting break through bleeding that last for days and heavier periods, after reading these other comments now I know what has been causing the mood swings. The only positive is the weight loss."

Lnwgem76 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Honestly I love this birth control so much. I've been on it for almost 3 years and I've never had any problems. I feel it has actually helped me to not gain weight, though I am naturally thin to begin with. No mood swings, no weight gain, no weird side effects for me. My hair seems to grow faster, like from my scalp... but no weird body hair growth (as I had on a progesterone-only pill I once tried out. yikes.) No acne. No problems. The only thing I would say is weird to most but really great IMO is that I haven't had a period on this stuff. I bleed lightly for 1 day once a year. I frequently have unprotected sex with my longterm committed partner and we've never had a problem. 10/10 would recommend."

D Harvz March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Ok, I went on it obviously to prevent pregnancy but also to help with my painful periods. Pack one, I had breakthrough bleeding about two weeks after my normal period (pre BC) with no withdrawal bleed. I had extreme headaches, nausea, and anxiety. Pack two, same side effects but had a normal withdrawal bleed. Pack three, the side effects went away and my withdrawal bleed was less than normal. Super easy to care for. Pack four, my withdrawal bleed was abnormal. It lasted the entire four days of brown pulls but it itself was brown and not red. Pack five's withdrawal bleed started out brown and ended like a normal period. Color and all. My anxiety was so bad about pack five that I took two pregnancy tests just to rule out the weirdness."

Caiti1117 March 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this pill whatsoever. I went on it and the only pro was a four day period, basically no period at all, just brown, also barely any cramps. But when it comes to cons the list is huge- I've stayed a steady weight my whole life after taking this pill my weight has sky rocketed, sever bipolar mood swings, acne all the time, and anxiety all the time. I was going to deal with it but after a year I decided I just can't do it anymore. I am just going to deal with my period by itself."

College student77 March 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I started college when I took these. But I've noticed weight gain. I thought it was the freshman 15 but its not... Also theres been a HUGE decrease in sex drive. Stopping these pills now... Oh and also... I NEVER get acne.. all of a sudden I'm breaking out in places I've never even got pimples. Lastly, I'm pretty sure my body is reacting to the medication because I've never had a yeast infection... but for some strange reason I've been experiencing discomfort. Read about this before you decide to take it."

CBAM March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Started Minastrin 15 days ago.... Hemorrhaging now.... If I could have give 0 stars I would have. This pill should be illegal because it's killing me, and others have experienced the same thing."

Nevertakingthisagain (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So, I had been experiencing irregular and painful periods due to low body fat and my lifestyle (I am an avid runner). My doctor said I was suffering from Amenorrhea. So he placed me on Minastrin. Literally within a week and 5 days of taking the medicine, I broke out in severe hives on my legs and arms which were red and itchy. I called my doctor and told him and he suggested that I take benadryl for the allergic reaction. The benadryl did not help. I also was experiencing mood changes where I would either be down in the dumps or angry at the world. I was then instructed to stop taking it and begin a new one. One day after not taking the medicine, I started bleeding heavily and having severe cramps. 1st time I ever had BC."

lpresto (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Minstratrin is definitely a hit or miss. Everyone will experience the effects differently and I have come to learn this from trial and error. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but okay. Not something I would want to stick with. Pros, I've experienced: No weight gain Pleasant mint flavored pill - doesn't taste like your typical yucky pill Short & lighter periods Bearable menstrual cramps Cons, I've experienced: Mild acne Bloating Fatigue Chronic Bacterial Vaginitis & Yeast Infection"

Second Chance March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "After giving birth in Jan 2015 I started a diff pill in March then started spotting which led me to switch pills. My Doctor switched me to this pill the end Of December thinking it'll be stronger.. WRONG.. I ALWAYS either had spotting or heavy breakthrough bleeding.. My periods were ridiculous heavy then lighten just a little bit but not that much .. I have an appointment Feb 24th to see what's going on with me & to switch pills ! DO NOT TAKE THESE PILLS !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Tried other birth control pills and all have me horrible side effects. Got this one been using it for 2yrs and love it. No side effects, no weight gain, I take at night before sleeping so that could help people with side effects."

Anonymous February 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Lo Loestrin for 6 months and I love it. I ran out & had a sample pack of Minastrin and thought,"what could one month hurt? I'll save $25!" Stupid. Never again. I've been nauseous since the first pill, with daily stomach troubles. My breasts are so sore. But the worst is the anxiety/depression. I've started waking in the middle of the night with panic attacks and feel anxious pretty much 24/7. I'm going back on Lo Loestrin tomorrow. Minastrin & I are breaking up for good. We are no longer friends"

LyndsayLH February 13, 2016

For Birth Control "While this pill was effective for me in that I did not get pregnant, my experience with Minastrin was poor to say the least. I had spotting between every single period that usually lasted around 7 days, sometimes more. My periods were very heavy for days one and two with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. My breasts were in near constant pain but on the bright side stayed the same size when I lost 10lbs during my time on the pill. I've recently switched to a higher dose of hormones which my doctor said should stop the spotting. Good luck, ladies!"

Andrea3590 February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful experience. NOT the same as loestrin 24 fe, which worked perfectly for me. This medication caused pains in my stomach, severe shoulder and back acne, bloating and cramps. My mood swings were crazy and I felt awful on this birth control. I gave it 3 months and it didn't regulate. I developed the worst acne I have ever had and it is painful."

km810 February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month on this pill. My gyno switched me from Loestrin to this because I was having in between spotting and cramping. I am 43 and have been on some form of bc pill for a long time. It made me nauseous the first two months. Periods were much shorter and lighter but cramps were kind of bad. Now on my 4th month I had a day of spotting, no cramping, and that's it. No period at all. I ALWAYS have a period. So not sure if this is a good or bad thing."

Le36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I have tried about 5 different birth controls before my new doctor put me on minastrin. I have PCOS, doctors have recommended I always stay on birth control to help it. Before this pill I bled heavily for a month straight, 2 days after starting this the bleeding stopped. I now have a very light period for maybe 3 days. Medications can affect one person different from the next person, but this pill has been one of the best. The bonus is my insurance pays 100% for birth control."

~*~*~*~ January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "HATED IT! Was on Loestrin 24 Fe and had no issues, my doctor told me they discontinued it and they switched me to this because it was the most like it. I completely DISAGREE. Felt depressed, no energy, literally cried everyday for absolutely no reason and had no sex drive."

mbro27 January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I just very recently started this birth control, and I was very wary of it at first because my experience with Loestrin Fe was TERRIBLE. But ever since I've been on this pill it's like heaven! Loestrin made me super nauseous, very moody and angry, and completely killed my sex drive. Now that I'm on Minastrin 24 Fe, I feel completely normal! I'll admit, in the beginning I was slightly moody and I have noticed a slight decrease in sex drive, but nothing too major. Overall I LOVE this birth control and I'm so happy with how it worked out for me!"

Anonymous January 20, 2016