User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 72 reviews 254 medications

5.5
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 72 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for about 5 months and have had no real negative physical side effects. My boobs grew a half of a cup side but that was it for physical effects. I did, however, experience emotional and psychological side effects. I noticed that I rarely wanted to leave the house and had no desire to see friends. It made me extremely overdramatic and moody. I just switched to another BC because I was beginning to feel too depressed. I'm not certain that this depression is coming from Minastrin but it began around the time I started this pill."

Eileen1230 June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to switch over to Minastrin because Loestrin was discontinued. I've been on this pill for a year and a half now and it's the worst pill out there. I'm 21 and fit but I have developed varicose veins from this pill. Ever since I started they have been popping up everywhere on my legs. Also I have no sex drive putting a strain on my relationship. And I have gained over 30 pounds. I'm just dropping this pill all together."

Saramariexx June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using this birth control for almost a year now. It's my very first pill & I haven't had any problems with weight gain, mood, or even spotting in between periods. However, it is important to take it daily around the same time. At the same time is better, if possible. I use this as my main method of birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I wanted to write this review because I see others really struggling with Minastrin at first and I want to tell you - take heart! I'm in my second month on this pill, and the first was rough. I had mood swings, bloating and bleeding every day for a month. I felt miserable and was convinced I would stop taking this. However, took the very first pill of my second pack and every single symptom disappeared overnight. I don't have a single issue anymore and the bleeding stopped. Not even experiencing spotting. I know every body is different so I'm not saying this will work for you as well, but in my case, sticking it out that first month was so important. I'm really glad I stayed with it, and I hope you give it a chance too."

Lb345 June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "hello ladies! well I started taking this pill about 3 1/2 MONTHS ago after taking Lo Loestrin for over a year, which btw I loved. I switched because apparently my doctor wanted me to get my period back and he thought that by increasing the estrogen dosage my period would ergo come back. Well, it didnt! So far I do NOT like this birth control. My mood has changed and so has my libido, which is crazy because I'm like the female version of Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey reference) I gained 6 FREAKING pounds, I already can't see things that are far away and this pills has made it worse. I CANNOT wait to go back to Lo Loestrin. Hope my experience helps some of your ladies and please let me know if any of you also lost your period lol"

Vene1401 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old, and this is the first BC i have been on. I started this pill to regulate my period, my Gyno said it would help and this pill has minimum side effects. I started this pill the second day of my period because it was a sunday (that's what my gyno told me to do) Any way i have been on it for a month now and i am still bleeding every day like i am on my second day of my period (which is my heaviest day). I have very bad crampscramps, loss of appetite, and lowered my sex drive tremendously. I am married, so that is a very inconvenient. I honestly hate this pill because when i called my gyno, they said give it 3 months and thats its normal, which i dont believe."

Ugie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Had to get on it since they discontinued Loestrin 24 Fe because it was supposedly the same. ALL LIES! It decreased my libido which is something that I've never experienced before. Loestrin was the best I'd ever had. Minastrin was also expensive. Had to pay 100 dollars a month for one pack! I'm off of it now and have the implan Nexplanon. I'll see how this goes. If this doesn't work out then I'll be finding another pill"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Severe blood clots in my arms starting week 1 and I know for a fact it is from this pill. I do not recommend this to anyone."

newyorkstate (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Birth Control "This is truly the worst type of birth control. I have been on it for a year and a half and I have been to blind to notice the severity of the change in my behavior. I am angry, irritated, moody, depressed, and I have absolutely no sex drive. I feel as though I have only few emotions left in me, those being anger and other negative feelings. I started at the age of 16 and did not necessarily understand side effects of this pill. I am extremely irritated and angry and I am constantly in arguments with my boyfriend. I never used to be this way and it bothers me that I have been to blind to see the effects it has taken on me. I am currently still on this pill, but I am going to talk to my OBGYN to see how quickly I can switch to anything else."

audiewadie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Just checking in again. Switched my pill from minastrin to kariva. Lost all the weight I gained on minastrin. 10 lbs in 2 weeks. This pill is terrible. Terrible side effects. Terrible copay. Terrible behavior changes. Terrible everything."

Queenbee22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Birth Control "So far, so good! I recommend getting a few months of samples for anyone looking to try it out. I have had NO side effects whatsoever, and very light to minimal periods. No longer having spotting/breakthrough bleeding or ovarian cysts. Definitely recommend."

Anonymous May 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking minastrin for over a month now. I loved it at first because there was no nausea! I took it as soon as I got it to post pone my period for an upcoming cruise... I read from 3 reputable sources that it was fine. My period was really heavy and lasted for 9 days..... wtf I thought birth control was supposed to make them light. I also had painful cramps 8/9 days...... Again wtf.... Anyways, I've also noticed my vision isn't as sharp as it was before I started taking it and I most recently have had depressive thoughts. I was never like this before I took this mess. I won't be giving it time either. This is awful."

AshTree267 May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Generess FE for about 2 years (loved it) and then could no longer afford it because it no longer had a activis card to use when paying for it. So, the doctor put me on Minastrin 24 FE. I believe this pill has made me gain a little bit of weight in a very short amount of time and my biggest concern is how it has effected me emotionally. I feel very moody and so unhappy, almost depressed. I also have no sex drive which I am not sure if that is from the pill or the slight depression from the pill. Either way it is just not working well with my body. I Can't wait to switch off of this pill."

Jmf12345 May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin then switched to Minastrin. I love both pills, and have zero problems. I used to be EXTREMELY hormonal without the pill, and I first got on it to even me out emotionally. The first pill I got on worked well, but my body got used to it after a year so I had to switch. I went to the shot, and when I first started going to my obgyn the first thing she did was get me off the shot and onto Loestrin. I love loestrin/minastrin so much."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I haven't had any problems with the new pill. I had loestrin before they switched it over and I never had any problems with it then either. If anything it's made my period go away completely. I've been on both the old and new name combined for about 3 years now. The only thing that's changed is that they've made the chewable option which taste nasty so I just swallow it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 36 years old. I have previously been on Loestrin 24 FE then Generess FE. My physician switched me to Minastrin and I have gained weight, I am so lathargic and tired all of the time. I am moody and overall unhappy which I have never had in my life. I get cramps periodically and I get spotting at random times although very very light. This is the most horrible pill I have ever been on. I will be getting off of it immediately."

Anonymous May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on for about 7 months. Sex drive has been gone since starting. Sex hurts if tried and I'm very emotional constantly. Gained a bunch of weight. Haven't had my period in 4 months only some spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for over a year now. My very first form of birth control. The first 2 months were tough to get through, with spotting, bloating, mood swings, etc. But, after my body got adjusted to the birth control, everything has been perfect. My periods are lighter and last 4 days. My cramps are still present, but they aren't as bad. I don't have severe acne, or weight gain. Anyone who has a bad experience, I say just give it time before you write it off as a terrible birth control."

Arabella1896 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Absolute worst pill ever. I switched onto this pill bc I was having spotting and constant yeast infections on other pills. Switched onto minastrin in early December. Immediate weight gain. Not 1-2 lbs, 15lbs. I am an active female. I work out 4-5 times a week for 5-10 miles. I kept gaining weight no matter what. No sex drive. No period which is scary and a problem onto itself. I was just switched to another pill to see if these side effects diminish. Terrible pill. 15 pounds in 5 months. Not worth it. Stay away."

Queenbee22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "My DR started me on this pill 2 months ago. I'm 22 and have never been sexually active. She started me on this pill because my PCOS made me not get a period in over a year. My period came back on week 3 of the pill, then continued for 2 weeks. It was very heavy and painful, but I guess that's what happens when you don't get one in 15 months. Things seem to be levelling out no in terms of side effects. The first 2 weeks, I was an emotional train-wreck, I've gained a bit of weight, but I'm also on some new meds for my diabetes, which could also be the cause. The only really bad side effect are that my breasts are really tender. Other than that, it's been great."

Winnie815 April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I got on Minastrin, because I used to take Loestrin 24 Fe and my doctor told me it was the same thing, but just a different name. Loestrin was perfect - I didn't even feel the effects of the pill (never gained weight, suffered from mood swings, etc.). Minastrin was the complete opposite experience. I'm constantly crying, I'm in constant PMDD mode, and my sex drive is literally non-existent. I tore apart my relationship with my boyfriend, and I completely regret ever going on it. "

andrean930 April 27, 2015

For Birth Control "My gyno prescribed this pill because I've had dysfunctional uterine bleeding and I'm guessing this brand must be used to help with this. A week after I started taking this I started noticing that it felt like my heart was racing and I could feel tingling down my left arm. I asked my doctor about it and they said that sometimes the shift in hormones while taking birth control can cause this. I kept taking it and kept having what felt like heart palpitations. They were very uncomfortable and would wake me at night frequently. Finally after a couple weeks of this I'd had enough. My Dr recommended I stop the pill and get cardiology monitoring. I had an EKG done and the results were normal. But ended up in the ER. This pill is not for everyone."

32 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

"I started taking birth control when I was 15 because my periods were extremely heavy and my cramps were unbearable. Over the 2 years that I've taken it, I can say that my periods have lightened up tremendously, my cramps have lessened, and even my face has cleared up. However, emotionally speaking - I constantly felt irritable, was always hungry, and got sad over nearly everything. It was like being on my period every day, only without the actual period part. I've gained over 40 pounds, which I can't contribute all to the pill of course, but I can say that it has definitely played a part in it. I can't say it will affect everyone as it did me, but I am currently switching to a lower dosage in hopes that I can get back to myself."

M Jay (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Minastrin 24 Fe for nearly 5 months. During this time period I had horrible mood swings and I was constantly emotional. My boyfriend said that I didn't seem like myself. I also ended up gaining nearly 10 pounds and had very tender breasts all the time. I also would get awful cramps, backaches, and headaches during my periods. My periods were very light though! All in all, Minastrin 24 Fe was not for me. I have now switched to Loestrin and I already feel so much better."

r1k3bt (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

For Birth Control "First and only birth control I've been on. Doctor recommended due to minimal side effects. She stated it is supposed to be a chewable pill but that it could be also be swallowed. (So that's what I've done) I had light regular period before I got on it. Now I randomly get a period maybe every 2 or 3 months."

Diana1233 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015