User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 30 reviews 226 medications

5.2
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 30 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Review by Lauren A:

For Birth Control: This is the first BC I have been on and have been taking it for two years now. I have had no issues with it. While starting I did have the normal spotting until my body was used to it. But after my first two periods I was fine. I haven't experienced any mood swings or pain. If I miss my pill I take it as soon as I can remember and I am fine.

November 6, 2014 1:13 PM

For Birth Control: I had severe cramping and bled for 21 days my period before this birth control was only 4 days. I have taken myself off. The 21 day period, the heavy clots, the nausea, and irritable state just was not worth it.

October 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by JAllen31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 6 months now. I went from very heavy painful long lasting periods to none at all. I haven't had any side effects except breast tenderness once a month. I love this pill. They say give your bdy at least 3 months to adjust. So maybe just stick it out for a while and see what happens. As for me I WILL be sticking with this pill.

October 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Review by Pill switcher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have tried so many different birth control pills for so long and could never find the right one. Then tried Minastrin Fe. I'm very pleased with it. It does make me a little more hungry. But I am aware it's only a side effect and ignore any extra appetite I may feel. In general it's a good pill!

October 13, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by Heather1990:

For Birth Control: I have been on Minastrin 24 Fe for 2 months now. I wasn't on any birth control previously. I have not noticed any weight gain...if anything I've noticed a decrease in my appetite. I do have slight headaches daily, but not anything Tylenol can't fix and they are slowly subsiding. They were pretty brutal in the first month. The biggest side effect I've noticed is how emotional I am! I used to NEVER cry and now if my boyfriend even looks at me the wrong way I start crying! It's ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like Im about to cry and I have absolutely no idea why! Also, my periods are lighter and shorter, but I still have a little spotting. Doctor told me this would happen. I'll keep taking it for now.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by arosema1:

For Birth Control: I tried several different birth control medicines before my doctor prescribed Minastrin 24 Fe. On other pills (particularly Viorele) I felt very emotional and uncomfortable. While taking Minastrin, I feel like myself and I have had no weight gain. Minastrin has caused me to stop getting my period, but my doctor says that this is completely normal.

October 1, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by stephvt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I started this pill and have noticed serious changes. Moodiness, very snappy, depressed, thinking negative. Although I don't feel nauseous or dizziness.

September 24, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Jamiek11:

For Birth Control: I've just recently started taking Minastrin, I haven't even made it through the first packet and I'm noticing side effects. I've had severe back pain, and mild mood swings, I want to cry all the time & it's affecting my relationship. I get mad at my boyfriend for every single thing he does & I was not like that at all before. I've been a very angry and depressed person since taking it.

September 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Hatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Terrible headaches, heavy bleeding throughout the month. Awful experience.

September 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Review by Kendyl22:

For Birth Control: I was browsing the web looking for reviews for contraceptive options, due to the fact that it is hard for me to remember to take the pill everyday. I have been on Loestrin/Minastrin for 6 years now, and I have loved it. I was put on this birth control my first day at the gyno as a test pack to see if the pill was right for me. I fell in love with fact that you only had to have your period four days a month so I was sold! The only time I wasn't on this pill is when my pharmacy accidentally prescribed me the generic brand but it was an easy fix. For anyone who wants to try it I encourage them to do so. It has been awesome for me. I never seemed to have any problems with it!

September 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by Tbaby02:

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have ever been on, and it's awful. I only gave it a 10 because it does what it's suppose to. I've been on the pill for 6 months. The first three months I had severe acne. I've never had an acne problem until then. Spotting is a severe problem, I have to wear pads majority of the time (two weeks at the most with no spotting). Periods are very irregular, one day I'm good the next few days I'm not. I've experienced mood swings, and cramping. Not a good experience at all.

August 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by CMLM:

For Birth Control: I gained a lot of weight and had a significant increase in headaches. It left me feeling moody, tired and unbalanced.

August 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by scumbagsteph (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm rating it a 10 for effectiveness because it does what it's does. It's birth control. First month, some cramping (during period only), normal bleeding(yet lasted 10-13 days), no headaches, hormonal jawline acne cleared right up. Got my period irregularly still. -second month, no cramps, no headaches, hormonal acne still gone, somewhat still fighting steady acne, yet it's MUCH better, gained a few pounds, breasts got noticeably larger (especially for my boyfriend). Got my period on the first brown pill. I'm looking forward to month 3. Hope this helped.

August 14, 2014 1:02 AM

Review by princesspeach:

For Birth Control: I used to take the regular combined pill and would OFTEN get terrible migraines with black auras. It was really scary. Now that I'm on this for a mini pill I really haven't gotten them. I never took any other mini pill but this is way better for me than all the reg pills. My periods are SO much lighter and shorter. Yes I have gained weight and emotional sensitivity. But now that I know they are just side effects I know I can deal with them. I would take this over the scary migraine and heavy fainting periods anytime. I really think it depends on the individual how you like it. Also I really think you need to chew it like it says. I read somewhere that the enzymes in your saliva or stomach or whatever need to break it down properly.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Tayd24:

For Birth Control: I started taking Minastrin in November after Loestrin was discontinued, I was told it was the same pill just a different name (I disagree). Like Loestrin I take Minastrin every morning at 8 a.m. I have been taking Minastrin now for almost a year. I find I have cramps all the time, I get mad very easily, no sex drive whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is related but I get hot and sweat very easy now. I have gained a good bit of weight in my thighs and lower stomach, again not sure if that is related to Minastrin. When I go for my yearly exam I will be looking at switching.

July 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Was on for 4 months or so... It was ok. I didn't have any of the "common" side affects and my mood was good. My period was light with minimal cramps and PMS. But-- I lost my libido completely and felt that I gained more weight on my thighs (and cellulite) despite eating healthy and working out-- never had this problem previously. I am having the IUD Skyla put in tomorrow. My doctor said that this should be "it". Minastrin may work for other women but the no sex drive and Weight gain was enough for me to throw in the towel.

June 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Review by VictoriaM:

For Birth Control: I've never been on birth control until now. I'm at the end of my first month of Minastrin and it's been an awful experience! It caused so many relationship issues for me, due to the fact that it makes me an emotional mess! I cry all of the time and find myself angry and searching for something ridiculous to blame it on. My breasts got larger and although I haven't noticed any weight gain, I have noticed headaches and nausea. I'm about to cry right now, and I have no idea why!

June 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Amars12:

For Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 5 months now. The first 3 were horrible. I had every possible side effect- bloating, mood swings, sore chest, acne, spotting, you name it! About my fourth month, my body got adjusted and I now love it. No spotting, mood swings, and my acne has subsided. For those who are just now on it, push through.

June 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by tripletfeb (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was switched to Minastrin from Loestrin, just like everyone else. But unlike most, I am doing great on it! I was taking Loestrin for over 2 years and loved it. Minastrin has been the same for me, no unusual side effects at all. No acne, which I had when I was a teenager and still use Proactiv for. No unusual headaches or bleeding, etc. I rated it an 8 only because I don't like chewing it, its gross tasting but works good for me so I'm sticking with it.

June 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Review by Mskanavalley11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have taken Loestrin 24 Fe for the last four years. Because of its discontinuation, I was told by my doctor to begin taking the chewable contraceptive Minastrin 24 Fe instead. After taking this pill for 3 months, I have found myself irritated and miserable over the smallest inconveniences. The acne that I had treated and somewhat cured is now back and annoying as ever. I am switching pills ASAP. I want Loestrin back!

June 5, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by leah303030:

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for 3 years with no problems but now I have acne which I haven't had for 10yrs. And missing periods and bad PMS and depression. And my sex drive has dropped.

May 26, 2014 4:09 PM

Review by TFF:

For Birth Control: Blemish, acne and crying all the time, that's what I got from Minastrin 24 Fe.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by Momel:

For Birth Control: I took Loestrin 24 Fe for a number of years and had no issues. I stopped taking birth control for two years and recently started back, now on the Minastrin 24 Fe. I have been on it for two months, and have had daily headaches since starting. I have nausea off and on, gas/bloating and an inability to orgasm since starting it. It's not the same medicine at all. Plus a nice rash has begun on my chest. I went to my gyno and am switching asap.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Amber k:

For Birth Control: I overall was not very happy with this. The reviews were horrible online but I decided to try it anyways. It did shorten and lighten my period a lot which I loved. But I had a lot of spotting before I got my period which was annoying. I did notice my acne get worse. But no emotional effect except being more hungry, I also noticed my breast get slightly bigger but as well as my belly area. I'm 17.

May 1, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by Satisfied User (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Unlike most of the individuals who posted reviews, I had not been previously taking Loestrin 24 Fe. (This is actually my first experience with hormonal birth control.) I am in my fifth month of taking Minastrin and have had zero side effects. In fact, it drastically reduced the length and severity of my periods (2 days of panty liners vs. 7 days of super tampons), I no longer suffer from cramps or bloating, and I actually lost 5-6 lbs. It seems like I probably needed my hormones regulated to begin with. Maybe it's the transition from one pill to another that is causing issues for so many? I feel fortunate ::knock on wood:: that things worked out very well in my case.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 11:43 AM