User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 82 reviews 254 medications

5.5
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 82 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I'm 17 and it was my first time on a birth control ever. It was awful! It made me have mood swings and I was always angry at the world. It made me suicidal. I took my anger out however I could and it ended up being on my boyfriend. We used to never fight and then we started to fight daily. I never had problems with my friends but I lost them all because of the monster I turned into. My boyfriend was fed up with how I treated him and it ruined our relationship. It took me until now to realize it was this awful birth control. I should have switched the moment I read all the awful reviews. I matched every single one of them and didn't notice until I lost everything. Stay away from Minastrin."

Ruinedlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm giving this pill an 8 because, for me, it had very minimal side effects. I didn't gain any weight, it cleared any blemishes, and experienced no mood swings/depression. However, I did experience SEVERE spotting and breakthrough bleeding, even after being on the pill for three months. My doctor told me to give my body three months to adjust and during my fourth month on this pill, I bled for the entire first week of my fourth pack! Therefore, it feels like I'm getting a period (or at least have to wear pads) twice a month. The spotting is absolutely annoying and I'm strongly considering switching to another pill or just taking myself off of birth control entirely."

VCon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for 7 months now. It is the first birth control I have ever been on. My OBGYN recommended I get on the pill due to severe cramping and unpredictable periods. During the first month, my breasts were very tender. I could not even stand to have a bra on. The first three cycles I had a strange brown discharge and the fourth cycle I completely skipped my period. However, since then my period has only been a day long, predictable, and very light. Other than the breast tenderness and weird cycles, the only other symptom I had was constipation. Overall, I found this pill to be wonderful. The only reason I am switching is because I have new insurance that no longer covers it."

998877 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for 1 year, and I really have no complaints about it. The only thing that bothered me in the beginning was that I would get so nauseated at night after I would take the pill, but after a month my body got use to it and I had absolutely no other problems. The only reason I am having to switch is because my insurance isn't covering it, and its a little to expensive. But I would recommend this to anyone."

Minastrin 24 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Ever since I've been getting my period I've had dier cramps to the point where id have to miss school for 2 days each month and take sleepy medicine to knock me out. Minastrin absolutely releaved my cramps. I will occasionally feel a discomfort but not bad enough where I have to take pain killers. At first when I got it I barely got my period but now I've had it for close to 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this has to do with the birth control but probably. If I wasn't continuously on my period than I would rate it at an 8 because sometimes it gives me mood swings as well."

rach228 July 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Just had a baby two months ago. And wanted to start birth control Bc I have bad cramps. Before my pregnancy I was on birth control for six years. So far so good. No side effects just wish it was an birth control out to help lose weight "

Jay90 July 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for several months now & I would recommend this pill o anybody! The only side effect that is gave me is change in my appetite. One week I'd eat like a pig and the next week I'd eat like a bird! Although I ate like this I didn't gain any weight at all! Eating differently each week never bothered me."

Lexis123 July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill is horrific. I have been on it for only a few days and it's making me feel super emotional and depressed and I have never felt this way before. I will no longer be taking this and need to find something to switch to."

Jamie Rall July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I am finishing my second month on this pill and am switching to a new pill. The major issues I had while taking this pill was terrible stomachaches, and extremely heavy breakthrough bleeding; however I did not experience mood swings, weight gain, or any other adverse effects."

jtaylor12321 July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 9 months. I am 29 and newly married. I thought I'd check and see if any others had sleeplessness and restlessness. Not sure if it is this pill or the big life change. Also I don't think I am depressed just super emotional. I can cry at the drop of a hat.. Seriously. My hubby doesn't notice that change but I do. Not sure how linked the sleeplessness and emotional tears are."

Christina122 July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for about 5 months and have had no real negative physical side effects. My boobs grew a half of a cup side but that was it for physical effects. I did, however, experience emotional and psychological side effects. I noticed that I rarely wanted to leave the house and had no desire to see friends. It made me extremely overdramatic and moody. I just switched to another BC because I was beginning to feel too depressed. I'm not certain that this depression is coming from Minastrin but it began around the time I started this pill."

Eileen1230 June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to switch over to Minastrin because Loestrin was discontinued. I've been on this pill for a year and a half now and it's the worst pill out there. I'm 21 and fit but I have developed varicose veins from this pill. Ever since I started they have been popping up everywhere on my legs. Also I have no sex drive putting a strain on my relationship. And I have gained over 30 pounds. I'm just dropping this pill all together."

Saramariexx June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using this birth control for almost a year now. It's my very first pill & I haven't had any problems with weight gain, mood, or even spotting in between periods. However, it is important to take it daily around the same time. At the same time is better, if possible. I use this as my main method of birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I wanted to write this review because I see others really struggling with Minastrin at first and I want to tell you - take heart! I'm in my second month on this pill, and the first was rough. I had mood swings, bloating and bleeding every day for a month. I felt miserable and was convinced I would stop taking this. However, took the very first pill of my second pack and every single symptom disappeared overnight. I don't have a single issue anymore and the bleeding stopped. Not even experiencing spotting. I know every body is different so I'm not saying this will work for you as well, but in my case, sticking it out that first month was so important. I'm really glad I stayed with it, and I hope you give it a chance too."

Lb345 June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "hello ladies! well I started taking this pill about 3 1/2 MONTHS ago after taking Lo Loestrin for over a year, which btw I loved. I switched because apparently my doctor wanted me to get my period back and he thought that by increasing the estrogen dosage my period would ergo come back. Well, it didnt! So far I do NOT like this birth control. My mood has changed and so has my libido, which is crazy because I'm like the female version of Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey reference) I gained 6 FREAKING pounds, I already can't see things that are far away and this pills has made it worse. I CANNOT wait to go back to Lo Loestrin. Hope my experience helps some of your ladies and please let me know if any of you also lost your period lol"

Vene1401 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old, and this is the first BC i have been on. I started this pill to regulate my period, my Gyno said it would help and this pill has minimum side effects. I started this pill the second day of my period because it was a sunday (that's what my gyno told me to do) Any way i have been on it for a month now and i am still bleeding every day like i am on my second day of my period (which is my heaviest day). I have very bad crampscramps, loss of appetite, and lowered my sex drive tremendously. I am married, so that is a very inconvenient. I honestly hate this pill because when i called my gyno, they said give it 3 months and thats its normal, which i dont believe."

Ugie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Had to get on it since they discontinued Loestrin 24 Fe because it was supposedly the same. ALL LIES! It decreased my libido which is something that I've never experienced before. Loestrin was the best I'd ever had. Minastrin was also expensive. Had to pay 100 dollars a month for one pack! I'm off of it now and have the implan Nexplanon. I'll see how this goes. If this doesn't work out then I'll be finding another pill"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Severe blood clots in my arms starting week 1 and I know for a fact it is from this pill. I do not recommend this to anyone."

newyorkstate (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Birth Control "This is truly the worst type of birth control. I have been on it for a year and a half and I have been to blind to notice the severity of the change in my behavior. I am angry, irritated, moody, depressed, and I have absolutely no sex drive. I feel as though I have only few emotions left in me, those being anger and other negative feelings. I started at the age of 16 and did not necessarily understand side effects of this pill. I am extremely irritated and angry and I am constantly in arguments with my boyfriend. I never used to be this way and it bothers me that I have been to blind to see the effects it has taken on me. I am currently still on this pill, but I am going to talk to my OBGYN to see how quickly I can switch to anything else."

audiewadie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Just checking in again. Switched my pill from minastrin to kariva. Lost all the weight I gained on minastrin. 10 lbs in 2 weeks. This pill is terrible. Terrible side effects. Terrible copay. Terrible behavior changes. Terrible everything."

Queenbee22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Birth Control "So far, so good! I recommend getting a few months of samples for anyone looking to try it out. I have had NO side effects whatsoever, and very light to minimal periods. No longer having spotting/breakthrough bleeding or ovarian cysts. Definitely recommend."

Anonymous May 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking minastrin for over a month now. I loved it at first because there was no nausea! I took it as soon as I got it to post pone my period for an upcoming cruise... I read from 3 reputable sources that it was fine. My period was really heavy and lasted for 9 days..... wtf I thought birth control was supposed to make them light. I also had painful cramps 8/9 days...... Again wtf.... Anyways, I've also noticed my vision isn't as sharp as it was before I started taking it and I most recently have had depressive thoughts. I was never like this before I took this mess. I won't be giving it time either. This is awful."

AshTree267 May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Generess FE for about 2 years (loved it) and then could no longer afford it because it no longer had a activis card to use when paying for it. So, the doctor put me on Minastrin 24 FE. I believe this pill has made me gain a little bit of weight in a very short amount of time and my biggest concern is how it has effected me emotionally. I feel very moody and so unhappy, almost depressed. I also have no sex drive which I am not sure if that is from the pill or the slight depression from the pill. Either way it is just not working well with my body. I Can't wait to switch off of this pill."

Jmf12345 May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin then switched to Minastrin. I love both pills, and have zero problems. I used to be EXTREMELY hormonal without the pill, and I first got on it to even me out emotionally. The first pill I got on worked well, but my body got used to it after a year so I had to switch. I went to the shot, and when I first started going to my obgyn the first thing she did was get me off the shot and onto Loestrin. I love loestrin/minastrin so much."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I haven't had any problems with the new pill. I had loestrin before they switched it over and I never had any problems with it then either. If anything it's made my period go away completely. I've been on both the old and new name combined for about 3 years now. The only thing that's changed is that they've made the chewable option which taste nasty so I just swallow it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2015