User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 60 reviews 249 medications

5.8
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 60 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I was on Generess FE for about 2 years (loved it) and then could no longer afford it because it no longer had a activis card to use when paying for it. So, the doctor put me on Minastrin 24 FE. I believe this pill has made me gain a little bit of weight in a very short amount of time and my biggest concern is how it has effected me emotionally. I feel very moody and so unhappy, almost depressed. I also have no sex drive which I am not sure if that is from the pill or the slight depression from the pill. Either way it is just not working well with my body. I Can't wait to switch off of this pill."

Jmf12345 May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin then switched to Minastrin. I love both pills, and have zero problems. I used to be EXTREMELY hormonal without the pill, and I first got on it to even me out emotionally. The first pill I got on worked well, but my body got used to it after a year so I had to switch. I went to the shot, and when I first started going to my obgyn the first thing she did was get me off the shot and onto Loestrin. I love loestrin/minastrin so much."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I haven't had any problems with the new pill. I had loestrin before they switched it over and I never had any problems with it then either. If anything it's made my period go away completely. I've been on both the old and new name combined for about 3 years now. The only thing that's changed is that they've made the chewable option which taste nasty so I just swallow it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 36 years old. I have previously been on Loestrin 24 FE then Generess FE. My physician switched me to Minastrin and I have gained weight, I am so lathargic and tired all of the time. I am moody and overall unhappy which I have never had in my life. I get cramps periodically and I get spotting at random times although very very light. This is the most horrible pill I have ever been on. I will be getting off of it immediately."

Anonymous May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on for about 7 months. Sex drive has been gone since starting. Sex hurts if tried and I'm very emotional constantly. Gained a bunch of weight. Haven't had my period in 4 months only some spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for over a year now. My very first form of birth control. The first 2 months were tough to get through, with spotting, bloating, mood swings, etc. But, after my body got adjusted to the birth control, everything has been perfect. My periods are lighter and last 4 days. My cramps are still present, but they aren't as bad. I don't have severe acne, or weight gain. Anyone who has a bad experience, I say just give it time before you write it off as a terrible birth control."

Arabella1896 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Absolute worst pill ever. I switched onto this pill bc I was having spotting and constant yeast infections on other pills. Switched onto minastrin in early December. Immediate weight gain. Not 1-2 lbs, 15lbs. I am an active female. I work out 4-5 times a week for 5-10 miles. I kept gaining weight no matter what. No sex drive. No period which is scary and a problem onto itself. I was just switched to another pill to see if these side effects diminish. Terrible pill. 15 pounds in 5 months. Not worth it. Stay away."

Queenbee22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "My DR started me on this pill 2 months ago. I'm 22 and have never been sexually active. She started me on this pill because my PCOS made me not get a period in over a year. My period came back on week 3 of the pill, then continued for 2 weeks. It was very heavy and painful, but I guess that's what happens when you don't get one in 15 months. Things seem to be levelling out no in terms of side effects. The first 2 weeks, I was an emotional train-wreck, I've gained a bit of weight, but I'm also on some new meds for my diabetes, which could also be the cause. The only really bad side effect are that my breasts are really tender. Other than that, it's been great."

Winnie815 April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I got on Minastrin, because I used to take Loestrin 24 Fe and my doctor told me it was the same thing, but just a different name. Loestrin was perfect - I didn't even feel the effects of the pill (never gained weight, suffered from mood swings, etc.). Minastrin was the complete opposite experience. I'm constantly crying, I'm in constant PMDD mode, and my sex drive is literally non-existent. I tore apart my relationship with my boyfriend, and I completely regret ever going on it. "

andrean930 April 27, 2015

For Birth Control "My gyno prescribed this pill because I've had dysfunctional uterine bleeding and I'm guessing this brand must be used to help with this. A week after I started taking this I started noticing that it felt like my heart was racing and I could feel tingling down my left arm. I asked my doctor about it and they said that sometimes the shift in hormones while taking birth control can cause this. I kept taking it and kept having what felt like heart palpitations. They were very uncomfortable and would wake me at night frequently. Finally after a couple weeks of this I'd had enough. My Dr recommended I stop the pill and get cardiology monitoring. I had an EKG done and the results were normal. But ended up in the ER. This pill is not for everyone."

32 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

"I started taking birth control when I was 15 because my periods were extremely heavy and my cramps were unbearable. Over the 2 years that I've taken it, I can say that my periods have lightened up tremendously, my cramps have lessened, and even my face has cleared up. However, emotionally speaking - I constantly felt irritable, was always hungry, and got sad over nearly everything. It was like being on my period every day, only without the actual period part. I've gained over 40 pounds, which I can't contribute all to the pill of course, but I can say that it has definitely played a part in it. I can't say it will affect everyone as it did me, but I am currently switching to a lower dosage in hopes that I can get back to myself."

M Jay (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Minastrin 24 Fe for nearly 5 months. During this time period I had horrible mood swings and I was constantly emotional. My boyfriend said that I didn't seem like myself. I also ended up gaining nearly 10 pounds and had very tender breasts all the time. I also would get awful cramps, backaches, and headaches during my periods. My periods were very light though! All in all, Minastrin 24 Fe was not for me. I have now switched to Loestrin and I already feel so much better."

r1k3bt (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

For Birth Control "First and only birth control I've been on. Doctor recommended due to minimal side effects. She stated it is supposed to be a chewable pill but that it could be also be swallowed. (So that's what I've done) I had light regular period before I got on it. Now I randomly get a period maybe every 2 or 3 months."

Diana1233 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. I had lots of problems in the past but this one works for me. I can successfully skip periods without spotting. Miss the pill by an hour or so without spotting. It did take about 3 months for it all to level out for me. No acne. Breasts got a little bigger. I don't get cramps very often at all and I haven't noticed a change in my sex drive. Everyone's body is different but I think it's worth trying for at least 3 months before you decide."

MiloP March 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on a different pill before Minestrin that worked well, but it was discontinued so my doctor switched me to Minestrin. I was on Minestrin for about six months and just recently stopped. I was having spotting and cramping every month. I had bad mood swings each period. Periods were very heavy and irregular. I gained 10 lbs even though I work out 5 days/week and watch my diet. It worked as far as birth control, but the side effects were too much for me. Everyone's body is different and this pill did not agree with me."

notforme23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on my fourth month with this pill and it works great. The only side effect I have seen is very mild blemishes, which does bother me because before starting use of the medication I rarely ever got pimples. My periods are once a month but only last about two days and are fairly light. I am so far pleased."

Andy 8a (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

For Birth Control "This has worked great for me! 9/10! I only say 9 because of something that has recently come up. I'm on my 4th pack of these pills and all of a sudden, since Thursday of week 2 (it's now Saturday), I've been spotting on and off, which I thought would happen the first three months, but it's month 4 and just starting now. But otherwise, my actual periods are almost nonexistent, very light only lasting about 2 days, so this really works great for me!"

anormalcollegekid February 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've always had extremely painful periods to the point where I would throw up from the pain. I decided to try birth control pills to see if it would help. So far on this pill I've had short, light periods with very minimal cramps. My acne has even cleared up a great deal. So far so good."

Ohok February 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I am almost done with my second month and I am having no problems! I was a little skeptical to start this pill but I am doing just fine on it. Don't be scared to give it a try, ladies."

First experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first time on birth control so I'm not comparing it to another brand. I started taking this to help with my extremely heavy and painful periods. Pros: periods are 3 or less days + are extremely light, I no longer experience horrible cramps, just very minor aches. I haven't gotten pregnant. only 4 placebo pills compared to 7, my skin cleared up. Cons: My transition period was rough - I spotted 20/30 days the first two months. I had extreme nausea the first month that killed my appetite. I still have occasional nausea, particularly at night, but I no longer spot. Only side effects I've noticed. It took care of my main problem though - heavy painful periods, so it's been worth it I will stick to it."

MeganJohnson February 1, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my third month using this birth control. I love it it's amazing no bad side effects at all its serving it purpose 100%."

Tota71111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18. This is the first pill I've been on. I've been taking it for 4 months every day at the same time, no missed pill. The first month I was very moody, anything set me off. I'm fine now, but considering swapping because each month when "ovulation" would occur, I bleed. It's constant spotting for almost a week at a time. Of course, I was on antibiotics at one point. But other than that 1 month, I've bled. I'm tired of the spotting, but they said give it a few months. Not sure what to do. Breasts did get larger. Just don't like the spotting at all."

Ktktktktktktkt January 9, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've ever taken and I've had a few mood swings, at the same time I'm still a teenager and hormones are flying everywhere so it doesn't truly bother me. I used to have terrible periods where I would have to miss school for a few days at a time and immediately the medicine fixed it. My period only occurs on the placebo days and is very light and with minor cramps that a few period relief pills help. Last month I did feel very sick during my placebo days and Im sure it's because I was taking it but not eating. I was told that would happens so I advise you to always eat before taking it. I also had terrible acne and it has cleared up immensely. Overall it's great for me."

Glac (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2014

For Birth Control "This is my second month of using the pill and I'm in love with it. No headaches, no weight gain, periods are lighter, some emotional stuff but I mean, I can fix that & so can anyone else; but just like anything else, everyone's body will react differently to it."

beeannnn (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I am now in my third month of using Minastrin 24 Fe, the first time I've been on the pill in four years. Aside from a random day in the first month that I was extremely emotional and two weeks out of month two when I spotted constantly, I haven't had any other noticeable side effects. My weight has been constant and my mood the same. I don't have any real complaints other than the adjustment period being pretty awful."

Dotte (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2014