User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 43 reviews 234 medications

Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 43 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Review by Andy 8a (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am on my fourth month with this pill and it works great. The only side effect I have seen is very mild blemishes, which does bother me because before starting use of the medication I rarely ever got pimples. My periods are once a month but only last about two days and are fairly light. I am so far pleased.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 5:37 PM

Review by First experience (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am almost done with my second month and I am having no problems! I was a little skeptical to start this pill but I am doing just fine on it. Don't be scared to give it a try, ladies.

February 8, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by Tota71111 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my third month using this birth control. I love it it's amazing no bad side effects at all its serving it purpose 100%.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by Ktktktktktktkt:

For Birth Control: I'm 18. This is the first pill I've been on. I've been taking it for 4 months every day at the same time, no missed pill. The first month I was very moody, anything set me off. I'm fine now, but considering swapping because each month when "ovulation" would occur, I bleed. It's constant spotting for almost a week at a time. Of course, I was on antibiotics at one point. But other than that 1 month, I've bled. I'm tired of the spotting, but they said give it a few months. Not sure what to do. Breasts did get larger. Just don't like the spotting at all.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Glac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I've ever taken and I've had a few mood swings, at the same time I'm still a teenager and hormones are flying everywhere so it doesn't truly bother me. I used to have terrible periods where I would have to miss school for a few days at a time and immediately the medicine fixed it. My period only occurs on the placebo days and is very light and with minor cramps that a few period relief pills help. Last month I did feel very sick during my placebo days and Im sure it's because I was taking it but not eating. I was told that would happens so I advise you to always eat before taking it. I also had terrible acne and it has cleared up immensely. Overall it's great for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by beeannnn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my second month of using the pill and I'm in love with it. No headaches, no weight gain, periods are lighter, some emotional stuff but I mean, I can fix that & so can anyone else; but just like anything else, everyone's body will react differently to it.

December 23, 2014 1:10 PM

Review by Dotte (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am now in my third month of using Minastrin 24 Fe, the first time I've been on the pill in four years. Aside from a random day in the first month that I was extremely emotional and two weeks out of month two when I spotted constantly, I haven't had any other noticeable side effects. My weight has been constant and my mood the same. I don't have any real complaints other than the adjustment period being pretty awful.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started this pill as my first pill ever and it definitely helped with the intensity of my heavy bleeding issue prior to starting the pill. However, I noticed a lot of mood changes, a decrease in sex drive, weight gain, lots of spotting, and I never missed a pill. I am switching to Beyaz now hoping to get better results.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by anonymous12348438389476:

For Birth Control: Like the others here, I had been on Loestrin 24Fe for about six years before I was forced to switch to Minastrin because they discontinued it. It was awful, gave me horrible mood swings and I kept having huge fights with my boyfriend and everyone and I knew it was this pill because that is not like me at all. As soon as I switched the mood swings went away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by Michelle83KM (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I recently started taking this birth control and after looking at the reviews I was very skeptical but I sure have learned that every body is different and will have a different acceptance to anything new. I have no complains with this, so far. I wanted to write a review, even though I have not been on it too long as sometimes one gets concerned on how it will make you feel in the beginning. Well, I have not felt mood swings, cramping or overly emotional at all. I have also not experienced any weight gain so far. I started taking this on the first day of my menstrual cycle to increase its effectiveness.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Algal (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have tried many birth control pills and this is the only one I felt normal on. Although I have stopped getting my period, (my doctor says this is normal) I have no other side effects at all.

November 26, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by Lauren A:

For Birth Control: This is the first BC I have been on and have been taking it for two years now. I have had no issues with it. While starting I did have the normal spotting until my body was used to it. But after my first two periods I was fine. I haven't experienced any mood swings or pain. If I miss my pill I take it as soon as I can remember and I am fine.

November 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Dani#!$:

For Birth Control: I've been on birth control pills for 20 years now. After I had my daughter I started to have consecutive problems of urinary infection because my doctor decided to switch my pill to something that would not affect my breast milk. After I tried many different kinds of pills and other ways of contraception I was finally given the Loestrin, which changed my quality of life. No more urinary infections, which made my sex life and consequently my marriage much better. Never noticed major side effects. Then when I had to switch to Minastrin, everything was the same, as great as with Loestrin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 12:56 PM

For Birth Control: I started my very 1st birth control after i had my daughter. My dr had perscribed Minastrin 24 fe to me and it worked amazingly! At first I hated chewing it but im used to it now (4 months in). My periods are only 4-6 days and are very light! I am so happy with this borth control and wouldnt even think about switching it out. You ladies need to get past the 1st three months and you'll be good to go!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 11:49 PM

For Birth Control: I had severe cramping and bled for 21 days my period before this birth control was only 4 days. I have taken myself off. The 21 day period, the heavy clots, the nausea, and irritable state just was not worth it.

October 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by JAllen31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 6 months now. I went from very heavy painful long lasting periods to none at all. I haven't had any side effects except breast tenderness once a month. I love this pill. They say give your bdy at least 3 months to adjust. So maybe just stick it out for a while and see what happens. As for me I WILL be sticking with this pill.

October 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Review by Pill switcher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have tried so many different birth control pills for so long and could never find the right one. Then tried Minastrin Fe. I'm very pleased with it. It does make me a little more hungry. But I am aware it's only a side effect and ignore any extra appetite I may feel. In general it's a good pill!

October 13, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by Heather1990:

For Birth Control: I have been on Minastrin 24 Fe for 2 months now. I wasn't on any birth control previously. I have not noticed any weight gain...if anything I've noticed a decrease in my appetite. I do have slight headaches daily, but not anything Tylenol can't fix and they are slowly subsiding. They were pretty brutal in the first month. The biggest side effect I've noticed is how emotional I am! I used to NEVER cry and now if my boyfriend even looks at me the wrong way I start crying! It's ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like Im about to cry and I have absolutely no idea why! Also, my periods are lighter and shorter, but I still have a little spotting. Doctor told me this would happen. I'll keep taking it for now.

October 7, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by arosema1:

For Birth Control: I tried several different birth control medicines before my doctor prescribed Minastrin 24 Fe. On other pills (particularly Viorele) I felt very emotional and uncomfortable. While taking Minastrin, I feel like myself and I have had no weight gain. Minastrin has caused me to stop getting my period, but my doctor says that this is completely normal.

October 1, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by stephvt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I started this pill and have noticed serious changes. Moodiness, very snappy, depressed, thinking negative. Although I don't feel nauseous or dizziness.

September 24, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Jamiek11:

For Birth Control: I've just recently started taking Minastrin, I haven't even made it through the first packet and I'm noticing side effects. I've had severe back pain, and mild mood swings, I want to cry all the time & it's affecting my relationship. I get mad at my boyfriend for every single thing he does & I was not like that at all before. I've been a very angry and depressed person since taking it.

September 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Hatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Terrible headaches, heavy bleeding throughout the month. Awful experience.

September 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Review by Kendyl22:

For Birth Control: I was browsing the web looking for reviews for contraceptive options, due to the fact that it is hard for me to remember to take the pill everyday. I have been on Loestrin/Minastrin for 6 years now, and I have loved it. I was put on this birth control my first day at the gyno as a test pack to see if the pill was right for me. I fell in love with fact that you only had to have your period four days a month so I was sold! The only time I wasn't on this pill is when my pharmacy accidentally prescribed me the generic brand but it was an easy fix. For anyone who wants to try it I encourage them to do so. It has been awesome for me. I never seemed to have any problems with it!

September 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by Tbaby02:

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have ever been on, and it's awful. I only gave it a 10 because it does what it's suppose to. I've been on the pill for 6 months. The first three months I had severe acne. I've never had an acne problem until then. Spotting is a severe problem, I have to wear pads majority of the time (two weeks at the most with no spotting). Periods are very irregular, one day I'm good the next few days I'm not. I've experienced mood swings, and cramping. Not a good experience at all.

August 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by CMLM:

For Birth Control: I gained a lot of weight and had a significant increase in headaches. It left me feeling moody, tired and unbalanced.

August 19, 2014 1:46 PM