User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 5 reviews 222 medications

2.2
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 5 reviews 2.2

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Review by msbny (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was switched over to Minastrin 24 Fe from Loestrin 24 with no control over it. At first, I thought I was doing alright but no I am not. Because at the age of 42 my whole face is covered in blemishes and acne. I have not had this problem since I was 25. I have not changed anything that I am taking or any products that I am using or what I am eating. This is the only change in my routine. I am going to try to switch to something else.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2014 12:32 PM
Review by Jberi (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Loestrin 24 Fe was discontinued and I was switched to Minastrin 24 Fe. I was told it was the same exact pill, I had been on Loestrin for 4 years and never had a problem. Sadly Minastrin was not the same. I had horrible side effects from this pill, besides the weird periods I had mood swings that made me miserable. I also had a horrible allergic reaction to this medication. It was extremely unclear whether this has to be chewed or not.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2014 2:37 PM
Review by CG4 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Loestrin 24 fe for 3 years with NO PROBLEMS. I loved it. My periods lasted less than 2 days, cleared my skin, and I didn't gain weight. Then I was forced to switch to Minastrin, which is supposedly the same pill, but just chewable. It's been a TERRIBLE experience. I've had a chronic yeast infection straight through the 3 months I've been on it and it won't respond to any prescription medication. I've also had severe cramps during my period and acne. There is no way this medication is the same and I want Loestrin back.

November 20, 2013 6:02 PM
Review by katiesbeachin: User Rating:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Like with everyone else, was switched to this medication unknowingly. I receive my birth control in a 6 month supply and this last bulk included 2 Minastrin packs. I used Loestrin for a good 2 years and had absolutely NO side effects. I'm halfway through my second pack of Minastrin and I've been bleeding 2-3 days every other week (which isn't a huge deal, more annoying than anything), horrible lower back pain that will not cease, I've cried 4 times just in the past few days over nonsense, and have been in a generally depressed state. I made sure there were no other stressors that could've triggered this ridiculous emotional roller coaster and finally connected the dots and realized these symptoms presented after starting Minastrin.....

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 9:07 AM
Review by aiva (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was switched from Loestrin 24 to this since it was discontinued and at first I was super nervous because it was chewable, but I liked Loestrin so I went with it. The first month was okay, and it was exactly like Loestrin 24 with nothing different. The second month I was told by my doctor that I can skip the placebo pills to not have my period and I did just that. The first week after doing so was great but then I started to spot. I knew it would happen but it's been going on consecutively for three weeks and it's into the next pack now. It's also caused mood swings, headaches (and I never get those), vision blurriness here and there, cramps, bloating, gassy, all the upsetting side effects. Overall, not good and I may switch to another bc

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 4, 2013 10:06 AM

More about Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Professional resources