User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 89 reviews 255 medications

5.6
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 89 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I had been on a different BCP for over 20 years and had a generally low libido but pretty much no period with that pill. I went off to have a child then retuned to the same pill and became very emotional and depressed with a worse libido. My doctor changed me to Minastrin and my emotions were much better and libido improved also. I do get spotting the week before my period which is non existent. However now that I've been on this pill for over a year my weight has increased 14 pounds. I am so hungry and my blood sugar doesn't seem to be very steady ( I tend to get low blood sugar easily and am not a diabetic ). So now I'm really hungry and can eat as much as my husband and even though I'm exercising more I continue to gain weight."

Anonymous 2015 August 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and because of how bad my cramps used to be I have been on birth control since I was 15. I was recently on sprintec and because of how high the dose was I started taking minastrin 24 fe.. I first read the reviews which I didn't like so much, but decided to try it anyway... I started this pill and immediately my boobs got about a size bigger( which I didn't need), I have been bloated for weeks and my hair has been literally falling out. I am not one who goes by reviews because everyone's body is different, but honestly this pill has been a nightmare, and I would never recommend this to anyone"

MarissaA August 28, 2015

For Birth Control "Well its only my second month almost third and my experience has been very well until I randomly got my period and since then have been spotting since then. I get cramps randomly in class and have discharge in my underwear. I don't recommend this pill. I think its awful"

kiwiboo August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "i have been on minastrin for 3 months after switching from the nuva ring (big mistake) i am constantly bloated on this pill, which is the most frustrating part. I have gained 10 pounds and i work out 6 days a week and eat extremely clean. i am going off this pill for fear that this weight gain will continue (my friend gained 20 pounds!) i am often achy and have many nights of restless sleeping. i have suffered from depression in the past so that might have something to do with the occasional moodiness. overall, bc is different for everyone but I'm getting off this pill."

becca0132 August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 21 years old and I started taking my first birth control pill ever (Minastrin) in late January 2015. The first month I took this pill I was extremely emotional. It's now just over 6 months later and I have had stomach cramps/pain as well as bleeding of all sorts of colors for the entire month. My boyfriend and I were so convinced I was pregnant because of all the symptoms and side effects associated with this pill. I never have a cramp a day in my life until I started this pill and now along with the cramps comes bleeding and horrible stomach pain. Anything that causes such differences in your daily life and this much stress is not worth it. I am starting a new pill tomorrow thankfully"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a month. It served its purpose, no cramps, pregnancy, and a light period. I'm an 18 yr old girl and this is my first form of bc. I've had no mood swings, depression, weight gain, irregular spotting, etc. However, I'm incredibly bloated. I will be going off this pill because if you didn't know me, you would assume I'm pregnant. I exercise regularly and have always had a flat stomach but the water retention just won't go away. Overall this is a good pill. It caused me no nausea and the bloating is my only side effect. It's just not worth it to me to look so ridiculous. I highly reccomend this pill for everyone to at least try, like I did and then switch if you don't like it."

Rosie547 August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 7 months, and the only side effect I've experienced is that I no longer get my period at all. I've been to my doctor who says that this is completely normal. The reason I started taking Minastrin is because I had very severe period cramps that often caused me to throw up and pass out, and since I've stopped getting my period, obviously this problem has been solved."

Maggie1028476555 August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 17 and it was my first time on a birth control ever. It was awful! It made me have mood swings and I was always angry at the world. It made me suicidal. I took my anger out however I could and it ended up being on my boyfriend. We used to never fight and then we started to fight daily. I never had problems with my friends but I lost them all because of the monster I turned into. My boyfriend was fed up with how I treated him and it ruined our relationship. It took me until now to realize it was this awful birth control. I should have switched the moment I read all the awful reviews. I matched every single one of them and didn't notice until I lost everything. Stay away from Minastrin."

Ruinedlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm giving this pill an 8 because, for me, it had very minimal side effects. I didn't gain any weight, it cleared any blemishes, and experienced no mood swings/depression. However, I did experience SEVERE spotting and breakthrough bleeding, even after being on the pill for three months. My doctor told me to give my body three months to adjust and during my fourth month on this pill, I bled for the entire first week of my fourth pack! Therefore, it feels like I'm getting a period (or at least have to wear pads) twice a month. The spotting is absolutely annoying and I'm strongly considering switching to another pill or just taking myself off of birth control entirely."

VCon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for 7 months now. It is the first birth control I have ever been on. My OBGYN recommended I get on the pill due to severe cramping and unpredictable periods. During the first month, my breasts were very tender. I could not even stand to have a bra on. The first three cycles I had a strange brown discharge and the fourth cycle I completely skipped my period. However, since then my period has only been a day long, predictable, and very light. Other than the breast tenderness and weird cycles, the only other symptom I had was constipation. Overall, I found this pill to be wonderful. The only reason I am switching is because I have new insurance that no longer covers it."

998877 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for 1 year, and I really have no complaints about it. The only thing that bothered me in the beginning was that I would get so nauseated at night after I would take the pill, but after a month my body got use to it and I had absolutely no other problems. The only reason I am having to switch is because my insurance isn't covering it, and its a little to expensive. But I would recommend this to anyone."

Minastrin 24 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Ever since I've been getting my period I've had dier cramps to the point where id have to miss school for 2 days each month and take sleepy medicine to knock me out. Minastrin absolutely releaved my cramps. I will occasionally feel a discomfort but not bad enough where I have to take pain killers. At first when I got it I barely got my period but now I've had it for close to 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this has to do with the birth control but probably. If I wasn't continuously on my period than I would rate it at an 8 because sometimes it gives me mood swings as well."

rach228 July 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Just had a baby two months ago. And wanted to start birth control Bc I have bad cramps. Before my pregnancy I was on birth control for six years. So far so good. No side effects just wish it was an birth control out to help lose weight "

Jay90 July 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for several months now & I would recommend this pill o anybody! The only side effect that is gave me is change in my appetite. One week I'd eat like a pig and the next week I'd eat like a bird! Although I ate like this I didn't gain any weight at all! Eating differently each week never bothered me."

Lexis123 July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill is horrific. I have been on it for only a few days and it's making me feel super emotional and depressed and I have never felt this way before. I will no longer be taking this and need to find something to switch to."

Jamie Rall July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I am finishing my second month on this pill and am switching to a new pill. The major issues I had while taking this pill was terrible stomachaches, and extremely heavy breakthrough bleeding; however I did not experience mood swings, weight gain, or any other adverse effects."

jtaylor12321 July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 9 months. I am 29 and newly married. I thought I'd check and see if any others had sleeplessness and restlessness. Not sure if it is this pill or the big life change. Also I don't think I am depressed just super emotional. I can cry at the drop of a hat.. Seriously. My hubby doesn't notice that change but I do. Not sure how linked the sleeplessness and emotional tears are."

Christina122 July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Minastrin for about 5 months and have had no real negative physical side effects. My boobs grew a half of a cup side but that was it for physical effects. I did, however, experience emotional and psychological side effects. I noticed that I rarely wanted to leave the house and had no desire to see friends. It made me extremely overdramatic and moody. I just switched to another BC because I was beginning to feel too depressed. I'm not certain that this depression is coming from Minastrin but it began around the time I started this pill."

Eileen1230 June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to switch over to Minastrin because Loestrin was discontinued. I've been on this pill for a year and a half now and it's the worst pill out there. I'm 21 and fit but I have developed varicose veins from this pill. Ever since I started they have been popping up everywhere on my legs. Also I have no sex drive putting a strain on my relationship. And I have gained over 30 pounds. I'm just dropping this pill all together."

Saramariexx June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using this birth control for almost a year now. It's my very first pill & I haven't had any problems with weight gain, mood, or even spotting in between periods. However, it is important to take it daily around the same time. At the same time is better, if possible. I use this as my main method of birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I wanted to write this review because I see others really struggling with Minastrin at first and I want to tell you - take heart! I'm in my second month on this pill, and the first was rough. I had mood swings, bloating and bleeding every day for a month. I felt miserable and was convinced I would stop taking this. However, took the very first pill of my second pack and every single symptom disappeared overnight. I don't have a single issue anymore and the bleeding stopped. Not even experiencing spotting. I know every body is different so I'm not saying this will work for you as well, but in my case, sticking it out that first month was so important. I'm really glad I stayed with it, and I hope you give it a chance too."

Lb345 June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "hello ladies! well I started taking this pill about 3 1/2 MONTHS ago after taking Lo Loestrin for over a year, which btw I loved. I switched because apparently my doctor wanted me to get my period back and he thought that by increasing the estrogen dosage my period would ergo come back. Well, it didnt! So far I do NOT like this birth control. My mood has changed and so has my libido, which is crazy because I'm like the female version of Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey reference) I gained 6 FREAKING pounds, I already can't see things that are far away and this pills has made it worse. I CANNOT wait to go back to Lo Loestrin. Hope my experience helps some of your ladies and please let me know if any of you also lost your period lol"

Vene1401 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old, and this is the first BC i have been on. I started this pill to regulate my period, my Gyno said it would help and this pill has minimum side effects. I started this pill the second day of my period because it was a sunday (that's what my gyno told me to do) Any way i have been on it for a month now and i am still bleeding every day like i am on my second day of my period (which is my heaviest day). I have very bad crampscramps, loss of appetite, and lowered my sex drive tremendously. I am married, so that is a very inconvenient. I honestly hate this pill because when i called my gyno, they said give it 3 months and thats its normal, which i dont believe."

Ugie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Had to get on it since they discontinued Loestrin 24 Fe because it was supposedly the same. ALL LIES! It decreased my libido which is something that I've never experienced before. Loestrin was the best I'd ever had. Minastrin was also expensive. Had to pay 100 dollars a month for one pack! I'm off of it now and have the implan Nexplanon. I'll see how this goes. If this doesn't work out then I'll be finding another pill"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Severe blood clots in my arms starting week 1 and I know for a fact it is from this pill. I do not recommend this to anyone."

newyorkstate (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015