User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 20 reviews 224 medications

4.3
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 20 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Review by Tbaby02:

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have ever been on, and it's awful. I only gave it a 10 because it does what it's suppose to. I've been on the pill for 6 months. The first three months I had severe acne. I've never had an acne problem until then. Spotting is a severe problem, I have to wear pads majority of the time (two weeks at the most with no spotting). Periods are very irregular, one day I'm good the next few days I'm not. I've experienced mood swings, and cramping. Not a good experience at all.

August 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by CMLM:

For Birth Control: I gained a lot of weight and had a significant increase in headaches. It left me feeling moody, tired and unbalanced.

August 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by scumbagsteph (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm rating it a 10 for effectiveness because it does what it's does. It's birth control. First month, some cramping (during period only), normal bleeding(yet lasted 10-13 days), no headaches, hormonal jawline acne cleared right up. Got my period irregularly still. -second month, no cramps, no headaches, hormonal acne still gone, somewhat still fighting steady acne, yet it's MUCH better, gained a few pounds, breasts got noticeably larger (especially for my boyfriend). Got my period on the first brown pill. I'm looking forward to month 3. Hope this helped.

August 14, 2014 1:02 AM

Review by princesspeach:

For Birth Control: I used to take the regular combined pill and would OFTEN get terrible migraines with black auras. It was really scary. Now that I'm on this for a mini pill I really haven't gotten them. I never took any other mini pill but this is way better for me than all the reg pills. My periods are SO much lighter and shorter. Yes I have gained weight and emotional sensitivity. But now that I know they are just side effects I know I can deal with them. I would take this over the scary migraine and heavy fainting periods anytime. I really think it depends on the individual how you like it. Also I really think you need to chew it like it says. I read somewhere that the enzymes in your saliva or stomach or whatever need to break it down properly.

August 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Tayd24:

For Birth Control: I started taking Minastrin in November after Loestrin was discontinued, I was told it was the same pill just a different name (I disagree). Like Loestrin I take Minastrin every morning at 8 a.m. I have been taking Minastrin now for almost a year. I find I have cramps all the time, I get mad very easily, no sex drive whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is related but I get hot and sweat very easy now. I have gained a good bit of weight in my thighs and lower stomach, again not sure if that is related to Minastrin. When I go for my yearly exam I will be looking at switching.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Was on for 4 months or so... It was ok. I didn't have any of the "common" side affects and my mood was good. My period was light with minimal cramps and PMS. But-- I lost my libido completely and felt that I gained more weight on my thighs (and cellulite) despite eating healthy and working out-- never had this problem previously. I am having the IUD Skyla put in tomorrow. My doctor said that this should be "it". Minastrin may work for other women but the no sex drive and Weight gain was enough for me to throw in the towel.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Review by VictoriaM:

For Birth Control: I've never been on birth control until now. I'm at the end of my first month of Minastrin and it's been an awful experience! It caused so many relationship issues for me, due to the fact that it makes me an emotional mess! I cry all of the time and find myself angry and searching for something ridiculous to blame it on. My breasts got larger and although I haven't noticed any weight gain, I have noticed headaches and nausea. I'm about to cry right now, and I have no idea why!

June 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Amars12:

For Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 5 months now. The first 3 were horrible. I had every possible side effect- bloating, mood swings, sore chest, acne, spotting, you name it! About my fourth month, my body got adjusted and I now love it. No spotting, mood swings, and my acne has subsided. For those who are just now on it, push through.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by tripletfeb (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was switched to Minastrin from Loestrin, just like everyone else. But unlike most, I am doing great on it! I was taking Loestrin for over 2 years and loved it. Minastrin has been the same for me, no unusual side effects at all. No acne, which I had when I was a teenager and still use Proactiv for. No unusual headaches or bleeding, etc. I rated it an 8 only because I don't like chewing it, its gross tasting but works good for me so I'm sticking with it.

June 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Review by Mskanavalley11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have taken Loestrin 24 Fe for the last four years. Because of its discontinuation, I was told by my doctor to begin taking the chewable contraceptive Minastrin 24 Fe instead. After taking this pill for 3 months, I have found myself irritated and miserable over the smallest inconveniences. The acne that I had treated and somewhat cured is now back and annoying as ever. I am switching pills ASAP. I want Loestrin back!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by leah303030:

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for 3 years with no problems but now I have acne which I haven't had for 10yrs. And missing periods and bad PMS and depression. And my sex drive has dropped.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 4:09 PM

Review by TFF:

For Birth Control: Blemish, acne and crying all the time, that's what I got from Minastrin 24 Fe.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by Momel:

For Birth Control: I took Loestrin 24 Fe for a number of years and had no issues. I stopped taking birth control for two years and recently started back, now on the Minastrin 24 Fe. I have been on it for two months, and have had daily headaches since starting. I have nausea off and on, gas/bloating and an inability to orgasm since starting it. It's not the same medicine at all. Plus a nice rash has begun on my chest. I went to my gyno and am switching asap.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Amber k:

For Birth Control: I overall was not very happy with this. The reviews were horrible online but I decided to try it anyways. It did shorten and lighten my period a lot which I loved. But I had a lot of spotting before I got my period which was annoying. I did notice my acne get worse. But no emotional effect except being more hungry, I also noticed my breast get slightly bigger but as well as my belly area. I'm 17.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by Satisfied User (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Unlike most of the individuals who posted reviews, I had not been previously taking Loestrin 24 Fe. (This is actually my first experience with hormonal birth control.) I am in my fifth month of taking Minastrin and have had zero side effects. In fact, it drastically reduced the length and severity of my periods (2 days of panty liners vs. 7 days of super tampons), I no longer suffer from cramps or bloating, and I actually lost 5-6 lbs. It seems like I probably needed my hormones regulated to begin with. Maybe it's the transition from one pill to another that is causing issues for so many? I feel fortunate ::knock on wood:: that things worked out very well in my case.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by msbny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was switched over to Minastrin 24 Fe from Loestrin 24 with no control over it. At first, I thought I was doing alright but no I am not. Because at the age of 42 my whole face is covered in blemishes and acne. I have not had this problem since I was 25. I have not changed anything that I am taking or any products that I am using or what I am eating. This is the only change in my routine. I am going to try to switch to something else.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Jberi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Loestrin 24 Fe was discontinued and I was switched to Minastrin 24 Fe. I was told it was the same exact pill, I had been on Loestrin for 4 years and never had a problem. Sadly Minastrin was not the same. I had horrible side effects from this pill, besides the weird periods I had mood swings that made me miserable. I also had a horrible allergic reaction to this medication. It was extremely unclear whether this has to be chewed or not.

January 5, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by CG4 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin 24 fe for 3 years with NO PROBLEMS. I loved it. My periods lasted less than 2 days, cleared my skin, and I didn't gain weight. Then I was forced to switch to Minastrin, which is supposedly the same pill, but just chewable. It's been a TERRIBLE experience. I've had a chronic yeast infection straight through the 3 months I've been on it and it won't respond to any prescription medication. I've also had severe cramps during my period and acne. There is no way this medication is the same and I want Loestrin back.

November 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by katiesbeachin:

For Birth Control: Like with everyone else, was switched to this medication unknowingly. I receive my birth control in a 6 month supply and this last bulk included 2 Minastrin packs. I used Loestrin for a good 2 years and had absolutely NO side effects. I'm halfway through my second pack of Minastrin and I've been bleeding 2-3 days every other week (which isn't a huge deal, more annoying than anything), horrible lower back pain that will not cease, I've cried 4 times just in the past few days over nonsense, and have been in a generally depressed state. I made sure there were no other stressors that could've triggered this ridiculous emotional roller coaster and finally connected the dots and realized these symptoms presented after starting Minastrin.....

November 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Review by aiva (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was switched from Loestrin 24 to this since it was discontinued and at first I was super nervous because it was chewable, but I liked Loestrin so I went with it. The first month was okay, and it was exactly like Loestrin 24 with nothing different. The second month I was told by my doctor that I can skip the placebo pills to not have my period and I did just that. The first week after doing so was great but then I started to spot. I knew it would happen but it's been going on consecutively for three weeks and it's into the next pack now. It's also caused mood swings, headaches (and I never get those), vision blurriness here and there, cramps, bloating, gassy, all the upsetting side effects. Overall, not good and I may switch to another bc

November 4, 2013 10:06 AM