User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 143 reviews 271 medications

5.1
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 143 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "While this pill was effective for me in that I did not get pregnant, my experience with Minastrin was poor to say the least. I had spotting between every single period that usually lasted around 7 days, sometimes more. My periods were very heavy for days one and two with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. My breasts were in near constant pain but on the bright side stayed the same size when I lost 10lbs during my time on the pill. I've recently switched to a higher dose of hormones which my doctor said should stop the spotting. Good luck, ladies!"

Andrea3590 February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful experience. NOT the same as loestrin 24 fe, which worked perfectly for me. This medication caused pains in my stomach, severe shoulder and back acne, bloating and cramps. My mood swings were crazy and I felt awful on this birth control. I gave it 3 months and it didn't regulate. I developed the worst acne I have ever had and it is painful."

km810 February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month on this pill. My gyno switched me from Loestrin to this because I was having in between spotting and cramping. I am 43 and have been on some form of bc pill for a long time. It made me nauseous the first two months. Periods were much shorter and lighter but cramps were kind of bad. Now on my 4th month I had a day of spotting, no cramping, and that's it. No period at all. I ALWAYS have a period. So not sure if this is a good or bad thing."

Le36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I have tried about 5 different birth controls before my new doctor put me on minastrin. I have PCOS, doctors have recommended I always stay on birth control to help it. Before this pill I bled heavily for a month straight, 2 days after starting this the bleeding stopped. I now have a very light period for maybe 3 days. Medications can affect one person different from the next person, but this pill has been one of the best. The bonus is my insurance pays 100% for birth control."

~*~*~*~ January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "HATED IT! Was on Loestrin 24 Fe and had no issues, my doctor told me they discontinued it and they switched me to this because it was the most like it. I completely DISAGREE. Felt depressed, no energy, literally cried everyday for absolutely no reason and had no sex drive."

mbro27 January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I just very recently started this birth control, and I was very wary of it at first because my experience with Loestrin Fe was TERRIBLE. But ever since I've been on this pill it's like heaven! Loestrin made me super nauseous, very moody and angry, and completely killed my sex drive. Now that I'm on Minastrin 24 Fe, I feel completely normal! I'll admit, in the beginning I was slightly moody and I have noticed a slight decrease in sex drive, but nothing too major. Overall I LOVE this birth control and I'm so happy with how it worked out for me!"

Anonymous January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE!!! I was only on this pill (only birth control I've ever taken) and it was awful...a period every two weeks, awful cramps and mood swings, weight gain, and to top it all off A BLOOD CLOT IN MY LUNG! I don't smoke and am not over 35 (supposedly the only things that would trigger a serious reaction) so this is all the pill. I've been off of it for months and am still having issues. I have to be on a blood thinner indefinitely and live with the constant fear of a clot reaching my heart. Please DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Bsjdhdbe January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "No periods. No cramps. Clear face. Limited mood swings, No loss of sexual desire."

BabieZomby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Minastrin for maybe less than a year and for my body it works great! I had no nausea, less cramping and bleeding and cleared my acne up. However, I did gain about 10 lbs and lots of bloating. Overall, it worked great. My periods were much lighter and lasted about 2-3 days, plus I haven't gotten pregnant. Unfortunately my insurance company does not cover it so I've been paying around 80$ per month. Keep in mind everyones body reacts to birth control differently so do not get overwhelmed with the negative reviews!"

!!!!!! January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "When I got my period at 12 I was getting it 2 times a month for 7 days each. Literally half of my life I was on my period. Then I was on a pill that was good ( Tilia Fe) and got my period regularly for 5 days at a time. Then my doctor told me about this pill and that her entire staff used it because they either got their period for 2 days or not at all. I was sold!!! And I'm still sold after a solid year on it. NO weight gain, NO cramps, NO mood swings, and I get my period for 1-2 days max!!!!! It's a miracle pill for me- I'm so sad to read such negative reviews about minastrin 24;( it's funny how pills are so different for people)! YAZ made me completely insane- it is very expensive though at $54 - I would pay a million$ I LOVE IT!!!!!"

Pylin January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "A little history. This is the first birth control pill I have been on which is now a total of 4 months. The first month I spotted/bleed for two weeks straight. The second month I spotted for one week prior to my actual period. Third month no spotting but had a full blown period for 7 days - the whole last week of the pill pack. I definitely see myself being moodier since taking this pill but no aniexty or depression or acne. However one side effect is excessive weight gain. Since taking this pill I have gained 15 pounds and counting. I am considering a switch for this reason alone as I practice portion control which has kept my weight consistent for almost 2 years. Good to try but weight gain is a major con!"

Xtina7 January 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Before I started taking this I was very easy going and rarely let little things get to me. As soon as I started taking it I got horrible mood swings, which have continued on and off ever since (I give my boyfriend all the credit in the world for putting up with it). Also immediately started gaining weight, about 30 lbs until I basically started starving myself. Plus my breasts grew from about a C to a DD and starting to feel saggy, which wreaks all kind of havoc on my back and stomach muscles. My periods have been very heavy and previous were always very light. It seems like the only days I'm not bloated are when I take the placebos. I only rated as high as I did because I haven't gotten pregnant :p (yet)"

Anonymou s January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILL. This is my second month with this pill and let me tell you how horrible my experience has been. Sudden weight gain, like literally 15 lbs more during this past two months. Lately I've been very depressed, I've had two panic attacks, pain on my left arm and short of breath. I thought I was having heart problems and rushed to the ER and my heart is fine. This is all the pill, this pill is driving me crazy. I've never felt like this in my life. So many mood swings. I'm stopping these pills starting now. The only good thing is that your period is lighter and you get zero cramps. THATS IT."

Danycol (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Hit or miss correlation with my cystic acne and my diet..... period is only 2 days IF I even have one. I love it."

Srs5211 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "The first month was awful with it. I was so moody! But the following months it was okay. I've been on it almost a year and it has become a nightmare. My periods get heavier each month, I have absolutely NO sex drive, and I've never been depressed or had anxiety, but this definitely has made me depressed. My husband and I almost split because of my mood swings. Needless to say, I'm getting off of it. I'll try something else."

JDaffy January 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I started a sample of this pill on 12/13/2015. In the beginning it was ok. A week later I started spotting & cramping like my period was coming. This went on for about a week. Now I'm extremely nauseous ALL THE TIME. I can barely eat. Plus I have no energy since starting this pill. I also became depressed for no apparent reason. & lets not talk about the migraines.It's safe to say they are now in the trash! I'll go back to the old fashion condom method of birth control."

Kourt P (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for almost a year, probably by far the worst birth control I've ever taken (side effects wise). This pill makes you bleed and spot ALL the TIME. I take it at the exact time every single day and yet somehow my period will start like 2 weeks before I'm supposed to get it and it will last for like a week of just pure spotting. This is verrrrrry annoying and inconvenient for a woman with a boyfriend. You never know if one day you're just going to start bleeding or not. Periods are just as bad as before I was on the pill, cramps, bloating, and heaviness of bleeding varies. I also have almost a non existent sex drive which sucks. Also I have been having stomach issues on and off since I've been taking this."

Amboslices December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "After having an IUD my Dr gave me this to try. Periods were very light. No cramping or pimples. Didn't care for the aftertaste of chewing the pills so I just swallowed them. Every time I refilled my Rx there were problems getting my insurance to work. They were able to cover it for a while, but now my insurance won't cover it at all. At over $150/month, I will be finding another medication."

tryingitout (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "So I have been taking this pill for a month and a 1/2 and I'm glad that I will be switching back to Lo Loestrin Fe. This pill was fine for the first month but once it got into my system...oh boy. I'm nauseous all the time, which is only relieved by burping or breaking wind. (Gross! I get that it's a bodily function but 24/7?!) I had FIVE days of breakthrough bleeding. My doctor told me it's normal to not get a period after starting this pill. But when you're sexually active, it gives you pause when you don't get one (have not missed a pill). My boyfriend says that my moods have changed and that I'm lathargic when I'm with him. I also get that I'm stressed out with the holidays, but I really don't need my birth control adding to it!"

Ugh in So. Florida December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 3 months: I haven't had a period, I've gained 10 lbs, my face is broke out, my hair is falling out, I have no sex drive, more frequent moods of depression, this is the worst and I'm getting off it ASAP"

A.Y. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Took minastrin for about a year and a half and saw nothing but bad side effects. My period was regular and short (but this has never been a problem for me anyway) I gained weight, had an increase in frequency and severity of my headaches , sometimes lasting for days at a time with no relief, and my skin has gone crazy! I never had bad skin before taking this bc. That is probably the worst part for me since it is visible to everyone around me!"

mrose92 December 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have read almost all the reviews and I have the same horrible side effects. I thought I was loosing my mind!!! CONS: No sex drive - I mean sub zero Painful Intercourse Mood swings Anxiety Depression Tension headaches that make me want to cry Nausea out of nowhere Feeling like I can't catch my breath Boobs hurt almost to the touch of air Pros: My period is none existent Very low cramping No pregnancy I hate it, I went to a new gyno and she is taking me off, we are trying something else."

chyks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I wish I could rate it -100. I have always had anxiety and depression, and it's worsened everything . Plus, it's made me break out more and has made my periods spotty rather than regular. I know everyone's body handles things differently, but if you have existing mental health conditions I would especially suggest staying away from this medicine."

Shley169 November 30, 2015

For Birth Control "My GYN prescribed this pill to help with my heavy periods. I HATE IT! I've been on it for almost 2 months, I take it at the exact same time everyday, and have never missed a dose. I have had the worse mood swings and have been bleeding for a whole month. I experienced what I would call a very heavy period (changing my pad every 45 min or wearing adult diapers) 2 times in one month and the cramps are horrible. I went in to to see my dr the second time I experienced the heavy bleeding and she said that this is normal for the first 3-4 months of taking this med. I wish that I had NEVER started this medication. My periods were heavy before the pill and now they are worse than before. At least before the pill I only bled 8 days out of the month."

Worse Than Before November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "You can actually call this birth control because I didn't want to have sex while I was on it. I had no type of sex drive whatsoever and I'm always in a mood. I had mood swings, depression, and was nauseous all the time. The only thing that minastrin was good for was my period were light and lasted two days and I didn't get pregnant. I was originally on loestrin 24 fe and stopped. Loestrin 24 was the best birth control ever. I went back on birth control a year later because I couldn't afford to pay for it at the time but now my insurance basically covers anything now. The doctor prescribed me minastrin and it was the worst thing ever. I stopped using it after 3 months and felt so much better."

Char26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2015