User Reviews for Generess Fe

Learn more about Generess Fe.

Birth Control 122 reviews 275 medications

6.9
Summary of Generess Fe reviews 122 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Generess Fe

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for around three years now. Going on Generess FE was an amazing decision, though adjustment was tough at first. I'm actually on the generic version now since they released it, but my benefits are still there. I previously would have insane mood swings in the week leading up to my period--I'm talking sporadic crying and feelings of anxiety. This went away when I started this medicine. My period lasts barely more than one or two days and I don't need to buy more than the "lite" tampons. Periods now are completely painless and barely more than a slight inconvenience. My skin is clearer than ever, and this has worked wonders for me. I'm not pregnant, and I've reaped all the benefits of this medicine!"

Cyn89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only one con which is my oily skin. Other than that my scalp hair is growing super fast, I haven't have a cycle in 2 years ( thats how long I've been on it ) my skin is super clear, no cramps. I really have no symptoms of anything. No complaints."

EmmeK February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm coming up on 5 months taking Generess Fe. The first 3 months were kind of tough. I had breakouts and lots of extra anxiety/emotional sensitivity. I never gained weight - I've actually lost 10 pounds and my boobs feel fuller. My sex drive was always very high even before birth control, and that certainly hasn't changed. After the first three months it was like somebody flipped a switch and I felt like my normal self again. Moods were regulated, skin was clear. The only thing I do still notice is that I usually either don't have a period, or I have one that's so light that I can't even use a tampon. If it happens its usually brown, and it only lasts 2-3 days. This is hard for me to get used to, but I'm starting to really enjoy it!!"

Erika B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking the generic version of this drug for about 4 months. Gradually, I've been feeling more and more depressed and hopeless. I have no history of depression or any emotional issues, and just yesterday I couldn't get myself off the floor to leave the house. I've also gained weight, have an increase in body hair, and my sex drive is completely gone. I'm 28, far from puberty or menopause. The only good thing about the pill is my period are extremely light, sometimes it doesn't even come at all. I am switching immediately to a lower hormone pill because the depression is now interfering with my life and relationships and I know it's not normal. I am a student and my insurance completely covers it."

Kay Alice (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first experience with bc given to me after many years of complaining of heavy periods and a diagnosis of anemia. It took some adjusting but I now have a 4 day period with only one heavy day instead of 8 days. Downside: mood swings and they're constantly raising the price. My $25 program expired and they're not offering it anymore. I paid $120 yesterday for one month pack. Keep asking for generic but my doctor says there is none and told me to do all the research for a better one. Isn't that her job???"

Anonymous January 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I starting taking this birth control because it allowed you to still have a period every month. Previously, I had been on a BC that only allowed a period every 2 months and I don't think my body liked that. However, I stop taking Generess and got an IUD. After I stopped using Generes, I have had the worst cystic acne on my face and body. I have been off of the pill for over a year and I still have terrible acne problems. It has gotten better over time, but it is still bad. I wish I would of never been prescribed this pill."

Ash1253737 January 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on generess FE for almost a year. PROS: I like the pouch it comes in and the slightly minty taste. I liked that it regulated my period as I am one who sadly suffers from PCOS. CONS: made me very moody/emotional; increased hair growth around chest and stomach areas; increased appetite and weight gain. It was my first bcp and I was too scared to switch over to another pill because I figured I rather learn to deal with the mood swings than risk a different bcp with worse side effects. I don't recommend doing that. I think it's good to give a pill a couple of months shot to allow the body to get used to it but after that, if you have really clear negative effects then switch to another."

unfortunatelyonbc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I tried. I went to my OBGYN with concerns about serious period irregularity. They just threw the pill at me. Within the first month I gained almost 10 pounds. I did have a slight appetite increase but I know most of it was because of this pill. At the time I didn't realize it but once I stopped I realized that I had been acting different on it. And I was also depressed a lot which isn't normal for me. I stayed on this brand for a few months then ultimately switched. As soon as I switched to a different forumla I lost the 10 pounds I gained in just 2 weeks, and I wasn't eating any different. It was crazy. overall, did its job. It regulated my periods and I never got pregnant. But side effects sucked."

Shayle November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I did not like Generess. It made my periods very regular (but heavy) and did prevent pregnancy well, but it made me breakout like crazy and gain weight. I've never had a real acne problem until I got on this pill at 20. I've been on it for 4 months and have has non-stop cystic acne. This acne has been not only on my face, but also on my neck, chest, back, and butt. This pill also made me gain 8 lbs, and I have not changed eating habits at all. This pill has also caused me to have ridiculous mood swings and be a cranky, moody, slightly bitchy person. Would not recommend"

Anonymous November 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Generess Fe now for over two years, and I am switching to a different birth control. The main reason I'm switching is because my sex drive is virtually non-existent, and my Dr. said that is because the Generess levels you out (because it is super low in estrogen), so you don't get the "highs" you would get with some other BC pills or without BC. Also, it is not covered by most insurance because it is a chewable (I've paid about $25/mo, which is not as fun as free). And I feel like it gives me uncontrollable breakouts -- I also looked into this and a lack of estrogen causes your skin to produce more oil, which causes breakouts. On the plus side, I haven't had a period in over a year! Time to switch for me."

MR_Seattle (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm on Mylans generic version of Generess Fe and so far its been okay. I've been on 4 different birth controls in the past year and a half and I was put on this one to try to eliminate a cyst I've had since November. While I can say the cyst pain had gone away I have now noticed that I get extremely nauseous on this pill. I'm sure it's just my body adjusting but I feel terrible. I take the pill at 9 every night so I think I have to make sure that I don't have an empty stomach when I take it. This pill has also made me break out a bit but hopefully that will go away in the next few months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I like this pill but, I rarely get any side affects. The taste is terrible to me though... its like a terrible mint flavor to me. Your period blood might be brown, mine was, its just my little warning. The first couple of times I thought it was early stages of pregnancy but that is a side effect that is important! You blood being brown is not bad its just old blood. I usually get a day of brown stuff and then red the rest of the way through. My period also ends quicker thank God . Pain wise I used to have terrible cramps to the point I would throw up it was so bad I had to stay home from school. During my period now I would get cramps but not as bad as before and just nausea."

Bambii (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a little over three years. I started taking it after painful periods. I probably have gained 15 pounds since I started taking it but I'm also 3 years older and glad I don't look like a teenager anymore. In the beginning I took the brown placebos but I stopped and just go from one pack to the next without taking them so I haven't had a period for awhile. I'll have my mood swings sometimes but I had those before being on bc. Other than that I love it."

Ells44 April 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Generess was hell for the first month that I took it, I was hungry hungry, broke out, gained weight, I also threw up. But after that month the exact opposite happened, I lost all the weight, my skin was completely clear and my breasts were huge."

Bcontrol April 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for 3 years, I rarely miss days and I take ALL pills (some people don't take the brown pills). I haven't had my period since 6 months after taking the pill. It's amazing. My first month I had EXTREMELY bad migraines but not any more. I love that they are chewable so I take it in the morning after brushing my teeth."

CC725 February 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. It's the only one I've been on, so I can't compare it to others, but I've been on it for about 4 or 5 years. My fiance and I don't use condoms or any other back up method and I have never been pregnant. I didn't have any weight gain and it cleared up acne. I love it and will stay on this until we decide to have children."

Sheya (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Only pill to stop my bleeding after having a period of over 3 months.. Only side effect is I crave mints or toothpaste...anyone else have this problem"

D2JRW08 December 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about 3 years ago because I was experiencing heavy and painful periods and I love it! It gave me barely any side effects and it tastes good, like mint. My periods happen around day 3 of the sugar pill and last for about 2-3 days and are very light. I recommend this birth control for anyone!"

Emily011696 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control a few months before I got married to my husband. It's the first and only brand I've ever tried, but I've noticed no side-effects. Even during that crazy pre-wedding time, there wasn't any weight gain or crazy mood swings (I was slightly nauseous the first few days, but it was very temporary). I've been on it 2 years now with no problems. Periods are very light, no problems."

MaddieMay October 25, 2014

For Birth Control "After being on four different types of birth control pills in 3 1/2 yrs and having HORRIBLE side effects ranging from acne, hair falling out, spotting for months, to anxiety, to stroke-like sypmtoms and going to the ER, my OBGYN suggested Generess FE. I LOVE this pill! No side effects at all, other than my breasts have gone from a 34C to a very full 34D! No weight gain (other than in my chest), nausea, headaches, no "foggy" feeling at all. These pills are easy to take, pleasant tasting, and the light, 2-3 day periods are an awesome bonus! I am so happy to have found a birth control pill that works for me and doesn't have nasty side effects. I highly recommend this form of birth control!"

HappyNoww September 4, 2014

For Birth Control "LOVE this birth control! First 3 months were pretty rough as my body adjusted but now that I'm on my 5th pack I feel 100% like myself! No acne, no weight gain, no mood swings, great energy, normal appetite, etc. Once your body adjusts to it its a great birth control option!"

mm3100 August 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill almost 2 years. I gained maybe 5 pounds, but I am also in a happy relationship so weight gain could be from that. I no longer have a period. I may get brown spotting every 4-5 months. I stopped chewing the nasty thing, and I swallow it. I get migraines if I take placebos so I skip those every other month and go to a new packet. Cleared my acne, no pain, my breasts actually got bigger. I am very happy with this pill. No pregnancies! I never take it on time & I skip it. I'm your typical user. I also don't worry about becoming pregnant since I don't build a lining. Love this pill."

Kat93 July 18, 2014

For Birth Control "I went on this birth control a few months before I got married and have been on it for two years. I just finished my last pack, as we want to start a family soon. I had hormonal issues that lead to irregular periods and this birth control helped level them out. I have not had any emotional swings or weight gain. It was a great, low-dose birth control and successfully prevented us from having kids for two years. The only negative side effect I had was that it did slow down my libido. I could tell a definite difference in my interest in sex on and off this pill. This wasn't extreme - it just took more work to get me in the mood. I'm very pleased with this product and will probably return if the need arises for me to use birth control again."

LSelf June 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking Generess Fe for a little over six months now. I am very pleased with the pill and have not experienced any nausea, weight gain, or break outs. I had acne before but after I started taking the pill it cleared up a lot. So far I have had a shorter and lighter period with much less cramping. I did have spotting in between periods the first couple months but that has stopped now. I'm a little freaked out because my period is a lot lighter this month than it has been in the past but from the reviews that I read other people on this pill experience extremely light periods too, or no periods at all. I cannot say how well the pill works for preventing pregnancy though because I use other forms of protection too."

Brooke97 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Generess Fe for several months now. I went on it to alleviate pain from a small functional ovarian cyst and for the first couple months I totally forgot about the cyst, this past month has been slightly more painful but it still is a great remedy for functional cysts. I have very light periods, about every other month. I think my sex drive has gone down a little but it isn't that noticeable. I did have a scare when I went on some antibiotics that I realized made the birth control ineffective for the week, but it all ended well, so just be aware that there are some interactions. I went on this after being on Junel, which made me break out and get very nauseous. Generess has worked very well for me!"

sophiemaisie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014