Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Generess Fe

Learn more about Generess Fe.

Birth Control 94 reviews 223 medications

6.6
Summary of Generess Fe reviews 94 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Generess Fe

Review by mel1373728: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Generess FE for a year and three months and it works great! No weight gain, no acne, no episodes of mood swings except period PM symptoms but those are normal. I still have a period but it's shorter and lighter. I do have cramps a lot only on period though. There's no spotting or discharge for me. I've had a great experience with this pill and totally recommend it for those who are anemic like me especially!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 12, 2014 1:04 PM
Review by Generess Feel user (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: All of these women who said they tried it for a couple months and hated it so they stopped, need to be educated. When you start taking hormones (birth control pill) or you switch pills, it takes a few months for your body to adjust. You could see spotting and side effects for a couple months. However, if you take the pill properly at the exact same time every day then these symptoms such as spotting will go away. I love this birth control because I has a constant hormone dose, so I never spot anymore. Periods are short and much lighter. Fantastic birth control!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 12, 2014 7:58 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking this pill for 15 days and have experienced break through bleeding from day 1 until now. I have mild to little cramps, some nausea but no acne or weight gain. If it wasn't for the breakthrough bleeding I would continue this pill. I am getting married in 25 days and there is no sign of the bleeding stopping, for that reason I am very depressed and unhappy. I was not warned about these side effects before taking it. I've tried taking it with grapefruit juice to slow down the estrogen metabolism, that didn't work.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 10:23 AM
Review by The Wolf: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill is great! Easy to take and has a nice minty flavor. The only side effect I've had is light spotting here and there, but it's a very very minor inconvenience compared to all the positive things. I've experienced no weight gain or acne, or anything like that. My periods are light, which is great. Still have cramps sometimes, but they're not as bad as they used to be. Sometimes I miss my period, but it's completely normal while on this pill. Had a chat with my doctor about it. And best of all, I'm not pregnant! I would recommend this to anyone, whether you are using at as birth control or to help improve your periods. Details about me: 20 years old, no children, non smoker. I also have PCOS, and it's definitely helped my symptoms.

March 28, 2014 9:04 PM
Review by MrsKH: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Generess FE for almost a year now. I was on Sprintec before, and my periods were somewhat irregular and very heavy, so heavy that it worried me. With Generess, my periods have GONE AWAY completely. This worried me at first (of course), but my doctor said for some women, it's normal not to get your period on this pill. I see the same symptoms of PMS when I'm reaching the placebo pills (emotions are high, sometimes acne, the normal stuff), but I never go through a period at all anymore. This is a welcome change, for me. Aside from that, I have no side effects that I have noticed. I'm very happy on this pill. I am 30, somewhat overweight and in generally normal health. My doctor said swallowing it is fine (not chewing).

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 4:52 PM
Review by Hello128392912: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill works great, I've been taking it for months however I am now starting to feel really intense cramping and bleeding. It's been four days now, and every time I wake up it's so painful. All in all I think it's great, just make sure you don't ever miss a pill you have to get into the habit of taking them and remembering to bring them with you when you go places overnight, you should pick up on the routine quickly though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 7:47 AM
Review by AnonymousP (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on the pill for 6 months, and this was my first time taking birth control pills. For the first month or two, I found myself feeling nauseated quite often, but I suppose that was just my body getting used to it. And for the first month, I spotted for 1 day and I didn't have my period for the whole time I was on the pill. Before taking birth control, I often got severe menstrual cramps, but with no periods on the pill, I had no cramps at all. One bad side effect was the feeling of being bloated..ALL THE TIME. I also had some weight gain as well, probably about 7-10 pounds in 6 months. I got off the pill a month ago and my periods have started again so I'm sure it was the pill that caused my lack of menstruation.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2014 9:33 PM
Review by jbee24: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I Love this pill. I have been on many many different pills.. all which never controlled my period. I would get it every two weeks or 3 weeks and for 7 days at a time. My doctor started me on over 2 years ago. No side effects at all. At first I was a little freaked out because I didn't getting my period every month. I talked to my doctor and she told me that it was fine as long as I spotted every 3 months and that is what ended up happening. No cramps nothing it was wonderful. Also my boyfriend and I are very sexually active and this is the only form of birth control we use. Sadly my insurance changed and it was costing me 100 bucks a month to fill this so I just changed to a different pill.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2014 7:39 PM
Review by NoelleV: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I just want to say finally! Finally! I've found a pill that hasn't made my skin break out, messed with my emotions, made me gain any weight or given me a natural breast job (I have big breasts to begin with-- I'm more interested in how to shrink these). My last birth control pill I took when I was a sophomore in college-- 5 years ago. I gained like 20 lbs, broke out and my breasts went from C to DD. Needless to say I felt terrible. It took me 5 years later to give something else a try after that horrible experience and I've been on Generess for 4 months now. I'm sticking to it. I love it! My skin is the best its ever been, I haven't gained a lb, and my breasts have stayed put. Knock on wood but I'm liking this pill a lot!

February 19, 2014 11:38 PM
Review by JAB1: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Sprintec for 4 months and it was absolutely horrible. I've been on Generess for 2 months and the changes have been dramatic. Periods are far lighter and shorter and so far, very regular. The extreme opposite was true before. It did freak me out slightly at having such short periods. I do still have some cramping the week before, but even than is better than before. I'm hoping that this pill continues to be a good experience.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2014 9:49 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Been on this for a little under a year. I have had no issues with weight gain and it took a couple months for my body to get used to it. Once it did I found myself skipping periods and when i got them it was super light. Freaked me out at first but realized its how this pill works.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2014 6:53 PM
Review by Cai77: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on this pill for two months and was not impressed. I had random spotting a couple times a week, so it was like I was constantly on my period. Also during the second month, my hair started falling out. It was so scary, because my hair never really fell out a lot when I would shower, but on this pill I would be finding clumps of hair. Needless to say, I'm switching to a different pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 7, 2014 9:39 PM
Review by anonymoussss:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on the pill for less than 6 months, and I haven't gotten my period in 3 months. Before birth control I had very light periods and now that I'm on the pill I have none. When I first started the pill I would get it very light one month, not get it the next, and very light the next month.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 2, 2014 8:22 PM
Review by Cam329: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for a while now and I've had no terrible experiences. I was put on it to control my period which was nonstop for three months and now I'm barely having a period when I take the inactive pills. It's very effective and easy to take. On occasion I've experienced spotting or irregular periods because I've forgotten to take it once or twice. I've had no nausea and I had some mood issues but that went away for me within the first three months, it took my body about three months to adapt to the pill completely so it takes a while but it works very well.

December 28, 2013 11:25 AM
Review by HaleyDH (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love Generess. I had been suffering severe pain during periods due to endometriosis, and after a year taking this, I am pain free. No negative effects other than occasional cravings. This takes time to really benefit you, so patience was necessary.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 25, 2013 9:55 PM
Review by JustynaO: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Started cramping the very next day after taking the pills. And have had the cramps every day for the last 3 weeks. Lower back pains and angry episodes are just some of the symptoms. The anger has definitely been a major factor though. I am getting off of them in a week.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 24, 2013 10:14 AM
Review by Fabpk: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my 6th month on Generess Fe. I'm 22. It's the first time I started taking the pill. The first 4 months I had some spotting and headaches(only the first 2 months), periods were a bit painful. Since month 5 and now 6 I feel absolutely fine, no spotting at all, ok periods lasting about 3 days. And I definitely have NOT put on ANY weight. I even feel like I lost some since I started taking the pill!! I am regular weight and definitely somebody who does put on weight. So of course I know it works differently for everybody, but don't be scared of the weight gain myth, I really didn't notice any problems with that. I don't have any long term experience, but so far I am happy with Generess Fe.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 7:09 PM
Review by Natsmama (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking this for two months now and, I don't want to say it's not effective because so far it's doing it's job to stop pregnancy. My only concern is the light spotting between periods, but my doctor warned me that this would happen. I thought maybe I was making it up in my mind that I was a little bummed & depressed, but now I'm thinking it might be this medication because I'm seeing similar reactions to this online. I hope this will pass otherwise I'll be looking for an alternative.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2013 2:40 PM
Review by Tori___95: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: When I first was put on Generess Fe, I had no side effects until the second week. It was like everything hit me at once. I can't stop eating, my face never breaks out and as of now it's acne central, I've been throwing up and I can't even go to work without getting immediately annoyed.

December 2, 2013 10:24 AM
Review by 1234Mimi1234: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for 5 months to even out my hormones. It took my body only one week to adjust to the pill, which I don't think is bad. My period lasts from 2 to 3 days, very very light, no cramps. I do get hungrier before the cycle, otherwise I try to watch what I eat. To all the ladies, everyone's body will react differently to the pill. The main point is that you have to find the pill which will not affect you in any way. Generess Fe is not a bad pill, it's just for some people it works, for some it doesn't. I honestly don't have any problems with the pill, I feel great. Before the pill, I was depressed, stressed. This helped me get rid of stress, anxiety and depression.

December 1, 2013 5:11 PM
Review by Charleecandy (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My Dr put me on Generess Fe after I had tried Loestrin 24 and Lo-Ovral. I was impressed that a lower dose pill worked for me. The first 5 or 6 months I experienced some spotting mid month, but it wasn't unbearable and eventually subsided. My periods became very regular and light. They still last a full week, but are light enough that it doesn't hinder me. I experience very little cramping and mood change. I feel hungry alot and my libido could be better. However, after having a miserable experience with Nuvaring, I am calling my doctor and going back on Generess Fe. By far, this has been my favorite birth control pill.

November 30, 2013 11:07 PM
Review by Lauren C: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started taking Generess Fe 5 weeks ago. I bled for the entire first month. It just didn't stop. Then I developed a stronger sensitivity to dairy products than I ever had before. The past 3 days have been unbearable. I haven't been able to keep anything down, I started sweating and nearly fainted a few times. I've also thrown up 5 or more times. My mood swings have been really bad also. I have no idea if this does even help prevent pregnancy, as I needed a back up method for the first month. I'm stopping this and making an appointment to see my doctor. There's no way I can live with constant gas pains and nausea and throwing up.

November 17, 2013 8:45 PM
Review by Anon2013...: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Periods became lighter within the first month, which was great because mine were very painful before. The one problem was the first time I took it. I felt far more depressed than ever before. But this was only temporary; it took about one week to adjust psychologically. Be sure to take with a good sized meal! Other than that, very slight weight gain and no spotting. Always take the brown pills too; they contain the mineral iron which women need a lot of.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2013 1:12 AM
Review by Qx56ses: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking Generess Fe for a few months now and I haven't had any side effects! It's been working pretty good because my periods are lighter than before and last about 3 days. The only thing I've noticed is that I have cramps now before my period which I didn't have before. After hearing all these scary comments about Generess I was scared to even give it a try, but I'm glad I did because it's been working! Also, If you don't have insurance this medicine is pretty expensive so I'd check into that if not.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 9:05 AM
Review by Lovemynewhubbs (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Seriously, is this pill a joke? Screw Generess FE. I'm about to enter my 4th week and I've never been more miserable in my life. Let me start by saying that no pill just magically makes you gain weight, it's the increase in appetite that makes you gain weight. I'm freaking starving ALL the time no matter how full I am. I'm EXTREMELY tired. I have done nothing all week except go to work, eat, and sleep. I'm a totally different person. My boobs hurt, and I had a huge fight with my new husband. Would rather have sex never again then feel like this any longer.

November 10, 2013 8:53 AM