User Reviews for Evamist

Learn more about Evamist.

Evamist Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Evamist to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

"Evamist does work for me but I would suggest that you prime the spray before ever leaving the pharmacy. I recently picked one up from a pharmacy only to find out later that it wouldn't spray. I called the pharmacy & was basically told that it was not their problem, I would have to contact the manufacturer. Of course they won't refill it again because I just refilled it. Needless to say, it's very aggravating. Besides that, it's expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2013

"Have been on it for 2 months, was getting hot flashed all day long. Night sweats even worse. With days after starting the medicine, they pretty much stopped! No more on and off with my fan- sleeping through the night! And now, I ran out and haven't had it in 5 days (need to call for a refill prescription) and its all BACK. Covers off and on all night long. This REALLY works for hot flashes!"

Suz50 August 19, 2013

"I was through menopause by age 46. The hot flashes were so frequent they disrupted my quality of life. I urge you to discuss with your doctor but if you are concerned about the side effects of HRT, this is a very low dose spray. As my physician pointed out, even with one spray a day I still have less estrogen than most women my age. What do I notice? Almost no hot flashes. More energy, improved mood, fuller hair (unexpected benefit), less vaginal dryness, better sleep (use with progesterone). If you are suffering with postmenopausal symptoms and are worried about HRT, this may be a good cautious step and all you really need to stop suffering!"

Anonymous March 21, 2012

"Eliminated hot flashes, slept through the night, mood was great, mind sharp, no more brain fog! Lost weight because I am not craving sweets and salty foods all the time. Energy up, feel 20 years younger! The bad part is that it is so expensive, but it has no side effects for me and works quickly. Love it."

Anonymous March 23, 2011

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After having a serious reaction to the estradiol patch, I switched to Evamist. As the literature states, it may take a few weeks to feel better. I have been on it one month now and feel much better than I did on the patch. I generally get only one hot flash per day and I can live with that. I had terrible heart palpitations on the patch. They have completely disappeared and I feel human again. To the previous poster that gave a 1 rating, you may have to give it more time. I know when you feel crummy, a few weeks can feel like a lifetime, but using something one week is not enough. See if you can stick with it for a few weeks. My OB told me that you really can't judge how it is working until you have been on it one month. I use three sprays"

Pearlsgirl January 30, 2011

"After all the unpleasant, typical, menopausal side effects my MD decided to try "Evamist"....One spray each night. So after 1 week I noticed my hot flashes were way worse and I felt really awful. Took me 3 or 4 days to get back to "normal". Now after suffering for another few months I decided to try it again. Only this time start with a smaller dose. I'd spray it on and immediately rub off half of it, before it dried. Same reaction as the first try. What a bummer...Any suggestions now? I have tried every pill, cream, gel, and accupuncture, herbs, and homeopathy treatments with worse side effects than the originals...8 years of suffering. What next?"

oakcrest January 14, 2011

"A month ago I had a hysterectomy. The hot flashes started immediately. After 3 weeks of it the doctor gave me Evamist wish I had talked with him sooner. What a wonderful life saver it is. Hot flashes are down to a minimum so I can at least sleep at night and breakout into dripping sweats at the office."

Anonymous October 4, 2010

"Thanks for everyone's reviews. I have been suffering through so many of the same menopausal symptoms. Had Doctor's appointment today and just cannot take it any longer. Hot flashes, no sleep, irritability, anxiety, heart palpitations and many more. Excited to give estradiol (mist-spray form) and Prometrium a try...wish me luck."

House Diva January 18, 2010

"I resisted hormone treatment for years because of the possible negative effects for post-menopausal women. But finally I decided that the stress of the hot flashes (20 to 25 per day, yikes) was worse for my heart than the hormones would be. My doctor started me off with one spray, which cut the hot flashes in half within a week. We went to two sprays, which reduced them to 2 or 3 a day, which I can live with. This is an amazing product, and the delivery system is very intelligently designed. To help prevent gynecological repercussions, I also take Prometrium for the first 10 days of alternate months, and I get an ultrasound twice a year."

Anonymous October 16, 2009

"I have only used this spray for two days, but wow! I feel like I'm 30 again....I love it!! I didn't know I felt that bad, until my first dose. About 7 hours later, I felt like dancing, and I've been super happy ever since."

ltlcin October 2, 2009

"I was really wanting EvaMist to work for me. Seemed so easy, just one spray on my arm every morning. But I have very sensitive skin and after a week and changing arms developed a itchy rash on my arms. May not be recommended for someone with sensitive skin."

Anonymous April 28, 2009

"Does a very good job reducing hot flashes. Mine have disappeared. It's easy to use, is plant based and does not go through the liver. Wonderful."

mr foo January 5, 2009

"I haven't seen much mentioned about the personality change (i.e. edginess and sometimes just plain meaness) that occurs with perimenopause. I have found that using this spray it takes that edginess away. My family can tell when I forget to spray it in the morning. I don't like being mean, my nature is typically laid back and normally a nice person. It has been a big help to me and my family by giving the nice Mom back to the family."

primad October 2, 2008

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Postmenopausal Symptoms