Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Estazolam

Also known as: Prosom

Learn more about Estazolam.

Estazolam review summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Estazolam to treat Insomnia

Review by Speedsnigel:

Fantastic! Takes all anxiety away and give your muscles relaxation as well. Best pill I've tried. And I've tried some thousands.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 6:14 AM

Review by It is good. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Strong.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2013 9:22 PM

Review by Restful:

I have had insomnia for years. In 1991 I had surgery for ovarian cancer. The chemo made me very nervous. My dr. Prescribed this medicine and it worked great. Since then, I have continued to take. I have worked in a health food store for years and have tried all the natural supplements. So far this is the best and safest medication I have taken. I usually only need 1 mg. at night. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia and it works great for it also. My dr. said this medicine is much safer than over the counter sleep aids.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2013 10:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I take Estazolam 1.5mg before bedtime and it works quite well. I alternate with Seroquel to avoid getting a tolerance to either. Been on Estazolam 9 months and have no tolerance because of alternating it with other meds.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2012 6:00 PM

Prosom (estazolam): Worked very well the first week, now in week 2 not so well. Great for short term.

November 13, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by Scotty M:

This drug is by far the best sleeping medicine I have tried. Very gentle initiating sleep, and sleep for about 7-8 hours waking up feeling like I've taken nothing. I'm so glad I did my research and asked my doctor about this hidden gem.

February 13, 2010 12:04 AM

Review by eggcream35:

I use it after a few bad nights of sleep. It has provided a good night's sleep but it is a drug and I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if I could find one. I am looking at Restaid but it is rated second best after Solumin

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 8:28 PM

Recently came across extazolam after many years of sleeping problems. It works like a charm. 1 mg allows me to fall asleep quickly and sleep a full 8 hours. 2 mg was too much and caused sleepiness and grogginess well into the next day. 1 mg is perfect, wake up feeling great and refreshed.

August 4, 2008 11:04 AM

Review by Dgs30:

You are going to be surprised how fast you'll fall asleep and how great you feel when you wake up.

July 10, 2008 11:16 PM

I've had trouble sleeping for over 20 years and have tried literally every sleep aid on the market. I accidentally discovered Estazolam (a long story) and asked my Doctor to let me try it, at first he tried me on Ambien and then Lunesta and fianlly he prescribed Estazolam. I am now sleeping 7 to 8 hours every single night and awkake feeling refreshed and without any kind of drugged hangover feeling. I actually feel great, more rested, and much more active and productive.

May 22, 2008 12:30 PM