User Reviews for Lovenox

Learn more about Lovenox.

Angina 1 reviews 124 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis 7 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 3 reviews 14 medications

8.7
Acute Coronary Syndrome 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...bdominal Surgery 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 1 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Heart Attack 0 reviews 118 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lovenox reviews 12 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Lovenox

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "I have Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin Mutation, Protein C Deficiency. Injected twice-daily, subcutaneously while pregnant. Injections were taken in the abdominal area, twice daily, for the duration of pregnancy. Regular treatments were warfarin (Coumadin) while not pregnant. Needles were not very big, but left a lot of bruising because of the thin blood, but that is to be expected with any blood thinner injection. Last month of pregnancy I used heparin injections, I was told they leave the body faster than Lovenox. Just in case of spontaneous labor."

TheSinkMonster (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2014

For Angina "Very effective."

zeesha July 24, 2013

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site."

phantomjetpilot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2013

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Pain with the injection"

Anonymous July 10, 2012

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections. "

Anonymous December 24, 2011

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection! "

Pete Noe June 26, 2010

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery "My PC put me on Lovenox as a bridge therapy. I usually take Coumadin as I have a greenfield filter in place, due to a DVT and bilateral pulmonary embolisms in 2006 following shoulder surgery. I'm going in for a total knee replacement next Monday. I've stopped the Coumadin yesterday and started injecting the Lovenox this morning. I'm insulin dependent so injecting into the stomach was old hat. Very surprised at the volume that needs to be injected.. I have a large bruise and sore lump in my belly from my first injection. I hope I don't bruise as badly with upcoming injections.. I will try injecting slower to minimize bruising."

Jennnay November 8, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots."

Terry Wade November 1, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle."

Anonymous September 3, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems."

Anonymous July 6, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "I've been using this medication for many years. The only problem I've had is bruising at the injection site."

Anonymous September 10, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "I was on this medicine for DVT prophylaxis. It kept me anti-coagulated like no other medicine."

Clotty Clot Clot April 14, 2008