User Reviews for Lovenox

Learn more about Lovenox.

Lovenox review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Reviews for Lovenox to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis

Review by phantomjetpilot (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Pain with the injection

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2012 1:31 PM

It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections.

December 24, 2011 1:53 AM

Review by Pete Noe:

I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection!

June 26, 2010 4:16 PM

Review by Terry Wade:

I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots.

November 1, 2009 2:56 PM

Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle.

September 3, 2009 9:02 PM

I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems.

July 6, 2009 10:22 PM