User Reviews for Lovenox

Learn more about Lovenox.

Lovenox Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Reviews for Lovenox to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis

"Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site."

phantomjetpilot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2013

"Pain with the injection"

Anonymous July 10, 2012

"It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections. "

Anonymous December 24, 2011

"I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection! "

Pete Noe June 26, 2010

"I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots."

Terry Wade November 1, 2009

"Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle."

Anonymous September 3, 2009

"I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems."

Anonymous July 6, 2009