User Reviews for Jalyn

Learn more about Jalyn.

Jalyn Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Jalyn to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

"I pee now"

cantpee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

"I was prescribed Jalyn for 8 months and my Doctor terminated its use at the start of the new year. I noticed very little improvement in the need to urinate approximately every two hours at night. I experienced feelings of weakness, leg cramps, and breast pain/enlargement. I also have noticed some pain in hips and joints that may or may not be related to the medication. I feel positive about the decision to discontinue its use."

75 Year Old January 11, 2014

"Been taking for 8 months and working well. I only get up once at night now. I have a penile implant so impotence is no problem. I don't ejaculate any fluid but orgasms are still great."

Christian420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2014

"Like others I have been able go many nights without trips to the bathroom. The downside is I can barely walk more than 100 yards before my leg cramps. I think I will have my Doc take me off."

64 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

"Have been taking Jalyn for 3 months. Did experience better urine flow and less trips to the bathroom at night. Side affects are: constipation, dry ejaculation (no semen), decreased libido, dizziness and hip pain. Might consider switching medication depending if side effects worsen."

Ramie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2013

"Helped a lot. Made it a lot easier to urinate but still not a strong stream and I still have trouble fully emptying my bladder at night. Caused a lot of hair loss on my body and I no longer ejaculate anything. Sex drive is also down. I still get up 8 times at night to urinate. Doctor has not been able to help with that."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 1, 2012

"Everything comes with a price. Works very well for prostate enlargement, but the side effects are very much there."

Anonymous April 27, 2012

"I took Jalyn for ten months; it worked well the first six months, then I increased trips to bathroom at night during the last four months. I had to quit because of increased risk of cancer; that is, my PSA increased passed 4.00."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

"Took Jalyn for several months. Leg cramps and weakness. Began to experience a throat problem. Taken off and put on Avodart."

Anonymous September 20, 2011

"Have taken Jalyn for 2 weeks. Went from 3 or 4 times a night to 1 or none (having to go to the toilet). Haven't had this much sleep in a long time. Hope I can keep taking it."

Anonymous September 1, 2011

"I have been taking Jalyn for about 4 months, and have experienced mild improvement in my urine stream. I get up once during the night. Have experienced decreased libido and an inability to ejaculate, which happened during third month of use. Also had some mild dizziness during first month."

Bowline June 6, 2011

"Taking for about 2 weeks - noticeable improvement - was getting up 2-3 times a night, now none, stronger stream, no side effects yet. But, @ $3.00/pill and not covered by insurance, it is quite expensive."

Anonymous January 22, 2011

"After a week of using Jalyn, among other less severe side effects, I developed a severe hip joint area inflammation that got so bad that I could hardly walk. Had XRAY and MRI done and no issues with the hip joint. I quit taking and switched to AVODART and have had no side effects and has helped without any noticeable side effects. Took 5 weeks for hip area to go back to normal. "

jartini December 19, 2010

"Caused side effects like erectile dysfunction and it took a while to work. Also felt a little dizzy taking this."

JR311 November 7, 2010

"Helped with reducing the number of times I had to urinate during the night. The negative side effects, lack of ability to get and keep an erection. Lack of semen. "

Anonymous November 6, 2010

"Worked really well. Hardly ever get up at night now. However I am also now experiencing leg pain and weakness."

Anonymous October 25, 2010

JR311 September 27, 2010

"It worked really well for me but unfortunately I got some very bad side effects and had to stop taking Jalyn. Side effects included severe leg cramps and joint pain."

Anonymous September 14, 2010

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia