User Reviews for Jalyn

Learn more about Jalyn.

Jalyn review summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Jalyn to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Review by 75 Year Old: User Rating:

I was prescribed Jalyn for 8 months and my Doctor terminated its use at the start of the new year. I noticed very little improvement in the need to urinate approximately every two hours at night. I experienced feelings of weakness, leg cramps, and breast pain/enlargement. I also have noticed some pain in hips and joints that may or may not be related to the medication. I feel positive about the decision to discontinue its use.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 11, 2014 1:09 PM
Review by Christian420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Been taking for 8 months and working well. I only get up once at night now. I have a penile implant so impotence is no problem. I don't ejaculate any fluid but orgasms are still great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2014 3:31 PM
Review by 64 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Like others I have been able go many nights without trips to the bathroom. The downside is I can barely walk more than 100 yards before my leg cramps. I think I will have my Doc take me off.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 11:10 AM
Review by Ramie (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Have been taking Jalyn for 3 months. Did experience better urine flow and less trips to the bathroom at night. Side affects are: constipation, dry ejaculation (no semen), decreased libido, dizziness and hip pain. Might consider switching medication depending if side effects worsen.

March 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Helped a lot. Made it a lot easier to urinate but still not a strong stream and I still have trouble fully emptying my bladder at night. Caused a lot of hair loss on my body and I no longer ejaculate anything. Sex drive is also down. I still get up 8 times at night to urinate. Doctor has not been able to help with that.

June 1, 2012 3:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Everything comes with a price. Works very well for prostate enlargement, but the side effects are very much there.

April 27, 2012 8:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took Jalyn for ten months; it worked well the first six months, then I increased trips to bathroom at night during the last four months. I had to quit because of increased risk of cancer; that is, my PSA increased passed 4.00.

December 16, 2011 3:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Took Jalyn for several months. Leg cramps and weakness. Began to experience a throat problem. Taken off and put on Avodart.

September 20, 2011 4:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Have taken Jalyn for 2 weeks. Went from 3 or 4 times a night to 1 or none (having to go to the toilet). Haven't had this much sleep in a long time. Hope I can keep taking it.

September 1, 2011 7:46 PM
Review by Bowline: User Rating:

I have been taking Jalyn for about 4 months, and have experienced mild improvement in my urine stream. I get up once during the night. Have experienced decreased libido and an inability to ejaculate, which happened during third month of use. Also had some mild dizziness during first month.

June 6, 2011 12:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Taking for about 2 weeks - noticeable improvement - was getting up 2-3 times a night, now none, stronger stream, no side effects yet. But, @ $3.00/pill and not covered by insurance, it is quite expensive.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2011 11:20 AM
Review by jartini: User Rating:

After a week of using Jalyn, among other less severe side effects, I developed a severe hip joint area inflammation that got so bad that I could hardly walk. Had XRAY and MRI done and no issues with the hip joint. I quit taking and switched to AVODART and have had no side effects and has helped without any noticeable side effects. Took 5 weeks for hip area to go back to normal.

December 19, 2010 8:13 PM
Review by JR311: User Rating:

Caused side effects like erectile dysfunction and it took a while to work. Also felt a little dizzy taking this.

November 7, 2010 7:16 PM

Helped with reducing the number of times I had to urinate during the night. The negative side effects, lack of ability to get and keep an erection. Lack of semen.

November 6, 2010 12:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Worked really well. Hardly ever get up at night now. However I am also now experiencing leg pain and weakness.

October 25, 2010 5:12 PM
Review by JR311: User Rating:

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 27, 2010 1:45 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It worked really well for me but unfortunately I got some very bad side effects and had to stop taking Jalyn. Side effects included severe leg cramps and joint pain.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 14, 2010 2:42 PM