User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Fibromyalgia

"I was put on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia pain, anxiety and depression. I had little to no side effects on the medication, and it helped the pain and anxiety, but I became resistant to the med for its depression reduction effects and switched to a different med after a couple of years. Being bipolar type 1, I have to change my regiment regularly and I am used to becoming resistant to meds over time. My husband is taking Cymbalta for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Chronic Pain, and he has experienced marked drowsiness that lasts most of the day for about 2 weeks when he began, and now again, since the doctor increased it because he is still taking 4 Klonopin a day to handle the anxiety. He has less pain, though."

remindjess (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

"I started taking Cymbalta about 4 years ago for severe body pain, I have had two back surgeries, two knee surgeries, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. The medication Cymbalta has improved my quality of life a lot. Mostly my fibromyalgia pain . I hadn't been able to sleep at night because of my all over body pain however since taking Cymbalta I have had much relief. I take it at night about an hour before bedtime, I take it along with Amtriptyline which helps me to sleep at night pain free. Only one side effect that. I have notice and that is it seems to take your sex drive, when interacting in sexual activity, it's like you don't feel anything, a lot of the time, and that can be a BIG problem for some people. You have to weigh up your options"

Thomas'a January 18, 2016

"This medicine was great and did relieve my pain. However now it has been discovered that it is terribly hard to stop taking. The side effects are unbelievable. It can take a year to get off this medicine. Please go to the forum here about Cymbatla and also on facebook . I have currently started tapering off this medicine after taking it for 4 years or so because I believe it is causing other problems for me such as memory loss, brain fog, being tired all the time, tinnitus, night sweats, etc."

ladybadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

"Definitely didn't find enough pain relief until I was prescribed with powerful pain meds - side effects tired all the time, itchy all the time, very annoying!!"

Skinna (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

"My pain diminished somewhat, and I don't feel shitty anymore. One annoying side effect: Insomnia, but 20mg zolpidem "fixed" that. Maybe the trouble sleeping will lessen, and the efficacy will improve after 6 weeks. 2 weeks on 30mg/day"

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

"I have been on Cymbalta for about two weeks. I have severe depression, two failed back operations, and neuropathy in my legs and feet; those stabbing hot jabs of pain and also pain throughout my body and joints. On day three of being on Cymbalta I had body and joint pain relief and some increased sensitivity in my feet. Still having back pain but that was expected as my back is toast. The vivid dreams were disturbing for about a week, but have gone away. I had hallucinations as I was awaking each morning. That has gone away as well. My depression seems to be lifting and I feel more active. Good luck on Cymbalta."

Greg227 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

"I have been on Cymbalta for my Fibromyalgia since Nov.2014. I had loved this med,helped some what with my pain and also helped my moods. (I called it my happy pill..lol) I have been experiencing many months of restless sleep and extreme sweating! I never considered it was my wonder drug. But it is,it has to be..Cymbalta is the only drug I take and the only change for me in a year. Also I have gained an excessive amount of weight ! I can not handle this extreme sweating,also very fatigued. I am starting today to ween off of it..my doc started me on Lyrcia. I sure hope this helps! So tired of being tired and in pain.."

Krismor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2015

"Cymbalta actually did help, but please talk to your Dr as soon as possible if you notice any changes in your vision. I was literally 2 weeks away from going blind .I was in my early 40s and developed severe cataracts in both eyes very quickly. After seeing several doctors and specialists I had them removed.One of the specialists did research and found that cymbalta was the cause, a very rare side effect but it can happen."

gemkat65 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2015

"At first I thought this was a miracle drug but after about 2 months they had to double my dosage then in about another 2 months later the same thing. Next thing you know I'm on the max dosage with no symptom relief. OMG that's when the real nightmare started. It was almost impossible to stop. I was ready to check in a a hospital. My doctor did watch me and did her best to get me off the medication safely but it was really really hard. Even though it did not help my fibromyalgia I suffered from withdrawal. Please PLEASE really read the side effects before taking this medication."

AvaRodgers August 2, 2015

"Cymbalta did not help me at all he was prescribed to me for neuropathy pain and it did nothing for me."

Cymbalta didnt help me at all (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2015

"I have Fibromyalgia as well and I stopped taking Cymbalta because my pains improved a great deal, but, I had extreme nausea and exhaustion (esp. in the am). Now my pains have come back to kick my behind. Day 2 of Cymbalta. Seems as if it makes me light sensitive, which gives me a headache and dizzy. Like my eyes are heavy and my skin was clammy. I will continue. I'll get back to you n a few weeks."

Dana Strawberry July 23, 2015

"I was put on cymbalta to combat the mood and pain problems associated with fibromyalgia. It dilated my eyes, which led to light sensitivity and headaches. I also grew steadily more and more exhausted and confused and foggy. I was depressed. The doctors insisted that the side effects would abate after about six weeks, but they were so debilitating I had to seek out disability accommodations at school and drop one of my classes. After about a month I woke up one morning feeling very strange, and a few hours later had a seizure and sprained my jaw and have had jaw pain ever since. At the emergency room, they told me that the cymbalta was the likely culprit. Essentially, this drug made my life unbearable."

Faenum (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2015

"I have been on Cymbalta for the last 2 weeks. The side effects have been difficult, stomach pain, the first few nights I couldn't sleep and thoughts raced through my mind, I was also having severe suicidal thoughts and I was still waking up from the pain and tingling sensation in my arms and shoulders. this is week three and I find that my mood has improved, but I'm sweating a lot. the fibro pain is present and I'm tired a lot. I tried taking it at night but find my chest hurting the next day so I switched to mornings on a full stomach and that's improved the stomach pain. I have restless leg and if I'm late on taking my next dose I'm jittery. I don't really know if its working for my pain, but my mood is much better, I'm not suicidal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

"I felt less pain but the side effects were NOT worth it. I ended up becoming very depressed and apathetic and slept for 12+ hours a day, missed work, didn't clean or eat. I was taken off after I crashed my car."

SunshineMisty April 29, 2015

"I was in a clinical trial for fibromyalgia with Cymbalta. It helped tremendously, I was in a double blind study but could definitely tell the difference in being on a minimal dose and therapeutic dose. This was in 2008 and I have taken it since with great success in improving (not eliminating) the aches and pain. Now my doctor wants to wean me off and I don't want to be off of it."

MarshaL8424 February 20, 2015

"Was on Lyrica for peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia. However, symptoms remained intense and quality of life was severely compromised. In comparison, within days of switching to 90mg Cymbalta daily, symptoms dramatically improved with little side effects."

Mitman February 17, 2015

"Made everything intense. Had me sitting on edge of seat. Took it twice, 2 doses, had to call Dr told me stop it."

nightmajic (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

"Cymbalta changed me from someone struggling with pain every day to a productive and happy person with some aches and pain. It has made such a big difference in my life!"

Rach Rach (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This was a miracle for the Fibromyalgia pain, until the excessive sweating began. It took a long time to make the connection. I have been off for three months, the sweating has stopped, but the pain of Fibro is creeping back. Will have to try something else. The sweating was such a nuisance, and it got so bad, it was frightening. But, definitely give it a try - it may help you."

Lola Lottery January 5, 2015

"I don't usually comment on things like this but I felt I needed to. I've been suffering from pain for as long as I can remember, along with chronic fatigue, stiffness, depression and a general loss of zest for life. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few months ago and started this medication (30mg for a month then upped to 60mg). I have to say it's been a miracle! I knew I was in pain but I didn't realize how much of me was in constant pain until it was taken away. My fatigue levels have improved drastically - I still need to nap in the day but it's not the crippling fatigue I suffered with before. I'm happy, mobile, pain free and full of energy thanks to this medication. I have also lost weight which is a great side effect!"

Poppy17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I finally got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and since then I have been on a couple of trial and error medications. Lyrica remains the best so far, on leveling out my balance for pain, and all the other negative quirks that come with Fibromyalgia. I tried VENLAFAXINE (Effexor) it knocked me out like a horse tranquilizer. Never again! That's when my psych decided to try me on Cymbalta. I still take my other meds: Omeprazole, Adderal, Lyrica. [switched from Zoloft-->Cymbalta]. I was to gradually increase my Cymbalta after the course of a week or so, but later spoke to my Doc and he stated my side effects were do to the increase being too fast. He suggested for me to remain at one pill for at least a month, and then speak to my psych about it. perfect!"

jayjay101010 December 6, 2014

"I have tried other medications to control my fibromyalgia and I had awful side effects to all then my Dr tried me on Cymbalta and this has been amazing! No side effects. I'm on 120mg now and I feel almost like my old self! It is very expensive though."

1Gratefuluser November 29, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Did not work only gained weight"

Danvic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2014

"Started Cymbalta for depression about three months ago. Also suffer from fibromyagia and anxiety. Found at 90 mg my fibromyagia hip and neck pain significantly reduced but had the side effect of extreme itching. At one point my lips and eyes felt sunburnt and began having trouble swallowing. Slowly reducing dose now on 60 mg plus 20 of Prozac. BE AWARE do not suddenly stop this medicine. Missed two days due to script and had the worst withdrawal I have experienced in 27 years of antidepressants, uncontrolled crying and panic. Not sure where to go from here."

jaisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2014

"I have fibromyalgia and was in pain with body aches my Dr and I decided to use Cymbalta. I started at 30mg for a week then up to 60mg. The first day I felt a little strange I had no idea what it was the second day was worse and I wanted to stop taking it, so I found a site that talked about Cymbalta and Fibromyalgia most reviews said push through keep taking it you will be glad you did. I decided to keep taking the Cymbalta day three still felt strange but the pain was less Because I wasn't sure I did the 30mg for 2weeks until I felt comfortable then I went to 60mg. I haven't felt this good in a very long time almost like I don't have Fibromyalgia But I missed a dose and the pain was unbearable. I won't do that again. I love Cymbalta"

Kway (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next