User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid Tablets, Sunmark Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Learn more about Doxylamine.

Doxylamine review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 74 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Doxylamine to treat Insomnia

Review by Kirst28 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sleep Aid Tablets (doxylamine): I think they are great. I have anxiety and depression which makes it hard to sleep, these relax me & make me tired, within less than an hour of taking 1 tablet I'm asleep.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 4:47 AM
Review by zee_zee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

doxylamine: I took 2 Restavit tablets last night at 10pm, fell asleep about 11:30pm. I woke up a few times during the night but fell back asleep easily. It definitely works; great for insomnia but terrible (for me) the morning after. I woke up feeling totally unrefreshed and like a zombie. Had a cup of coffee and still felt that way. I have had to take the day off work as I felt like my ability to work was compromised. I went back to sleep and woke up at 1:30pm. I still have muscle weakness and have had to push myself to cook lunch. Sure, this medication is good for sleep, but the negative side effects lasting most of the next day have defeated the purpose of taking it for me. I will only take one IF I don't have anything on the next day!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2013 10:19 PM
Review by 6_big_in_the_britches_9: User Rating:

doxylamine: I've been having terrible insomnia these days and diphenhydramine just puts me in a weird zone where I can't sleep. Took 25 mg of doxylamine at 10pm and was out by 10:45pm. Didn't wake up until 2pm the next day! Feel like I made up for all the sleep I've missed this week!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2013 5:23 PM
Review by mokey1: User Rating:

doxylamine: I am trying to come off clonezapam and the pharmacist recommended this when I said I have an adverse reaction to benadryl and nyquill. This is supposed to have a different ingredient, well I DID NOT fall asleep. I had the same reaction I do with pain killers, it will keep me laying there with eyes closed but I don't actually fall asleep. I took it at 9PM and still up at 1AM. Finally broke down and took a valium. If you have adverse reactions to these types of things, this may do the same.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 20, 2013 2:00 PM
Review by esummey95 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): I'm a 17 year old with terrible insomnia and this medication didn't work for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2013 8:34 PM
Review by KT1975 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): It actually works! I have had sleep issues for years-the prescription meds do nothing for me. The Klonopin I was taking to help me fall asleep stopped working so I tried Unisom Sleep Tabs and it took about 30-45 mins to kick in but I was able to fall asleep and STAY asleep. It's the first time in a long time that I slept through the night. I was groggy when I got up, but a shower and some coffee woke me right up.

April 11, 2013 2:16 PM
Review by lyndara (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine): I like how this medicine works. It allows me to fall asleep without giving me a "hangover effect".

January 20, 2013 12:40 AM
Review by dbeme (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Sleep Aid Tablets (doxylamine): Works okay. I do not get the same "restless leg" issues with this as I have with other over the counter pain medicines.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2013 8:11 AM
Review by Fairiegurl: User Rating:

doxylamine: I have been having problems falling asleep and staying asleep for about a year...unsure why - I have tried every over the counter sleeping pill I could find. Doxylamine is wonderful. I still sometimes have trouble staying asleep, but it allows me to fall asleep without any problems and I still feel refreshed and energetic the next morning even if I woke up a few times in the night. I will take 1-3 of the 25mg pills - I am highly tolerant of sleep inducing pills and only recommend one for most people.

February 9, 2012 6:20 PM
Review by Yeo: User Rating:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): Excellent the best mediation for insomnia

January 9, 2012 7:48 PM
Review by frisbie: User Rating:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): I have taken just about every over the counter sleep aid, and all prescribed ones as well and this works pretty well for me. I have to take the maximum dose of Ambien to even feel drowsy, this is much cheaper (no insurance) and works as well or possibly a little better. DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE THAN RECOMMENDED.

December 14, 2011 2:47 AM
Review by hscolnik: User Rating:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): Takes an hour to kick in but lasts a long time and will give me eight to nine hours of sleep. It has a very long half-life (9-15 hrs) and can leave me feeling drowsy for a long time throughout the day.

November 26, 2011 6:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

doxylamine: After trying various over the counter sleep aids (Benadryl) and prescription sleep aids (Ambien, didn't work unless I used in high doses, in which case I hallucinated), Doxylamine works! I used to have to take 100 mgs/ 4 Benadryl, in addition to various prescription tranquilizers/benzodiazepines for insomnia. Can't believe how quickly it works. I still have to take 50 mgs in addition to a prescription tranquilizer, but after years of OTC medicines not working, I can't believe how well this one did. Don't recommend 2 pills/50 mgs for most people. I'm very difficult to sedate.

October 24, 2011 7:27 AM
Review by mvanweert: User Rating:

doxylamine: Great for insomnia. Best to be used pulsating (one day on, one day off), but can also be used day after day. No annoying side effects (only dry mouth, but when you sleep you don't notice) and very effective. No addiction, no withdrawal.

June 10, 2010 11:59 AM
Review by diphenman: User Rating:

doxylamine: Best OTC sleep aid I've been able to find! A simple half pill [~12mg] will knock me out in about 15-20 minutes after I have taken it. Of course as with most sleep aids there is definite sluggish feeling in the morning. Caffeine generally gets rid of this feeling.

May 3, 2010 7:45 PM
Review by BoomerCA: User Rating:

doxylamine: Apparently a side effect not reported is that the metabolic by-product of doxylamine will possibly test positive in a urine drug test as an amphetamine. It is not listed in the literature so I had a hard time explaining it when it was the only medicine I had taken before a job drug test.

December 9, 2009 6:41 AM