User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid Tablets, Sunmark Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Learn more about Doxylamine.

Insomnia 28 reviews 102 medications

7.6
Allergies 0 reviews 52 medications

Conjunctivitis, Allergic 0 reviews 57 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hay Fever 0 reviews 890 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nasal Congestion 0 reviews 586 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rhinorrhea 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 0 reviews 123 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxylamine reviews 28 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Doxylamine

Review by Dottiegirl:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I have taken Unisom for over three years now and I'm a severe asthmatic with chronic shortness of breath and I have had no complications from the sleep aid. After taking it and awakening in the morning I've never experienced any side effects. I wake up feeling rested and with full of energy. Best sleep aid on the market.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 10:14 PM

Review by PMD1964:

For Insomnia: I've been using Kirkland brand doxylamine succinate now for many years. I take only 1/2 a 25mg pill and find it works just as well as a full pill, without making me drowsy the next morning. Here and there I find myself without a pill if I'm out of town and forget them or run out, and what happens is I just go back to the same I Sonia I had for ten years prior to taking these. Therefore I don't think they're addictive in my case, rather if I don't take them I'm back where I started. Insomnia was a problem I suffered from for years, not just a temporary deal.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Chronic Insomniatic:

For Insomnia: Does it work? You bet it does. I have suffered from insomnia for 18 years so I know when I'm asleep or not. This med is wonderful in keeping you asleep for 5 1/2 to 6 hours. This med is also effective in getting you to sleep. The downside. My God is it drowsy. I'm usually a guy who doesn't complain but this med makes you super drowsy. In addition to the drowsiness, it will make you irritable because you don't feel good. In conclusion, I would recommend it because the psychological benefit of knowing you slept slightly outweighs its side effects. I hope this info helps. Best of dreams.

March 5, 2015 5:45 PM

Review by Cathy Hithersay:

For Insomnia: I suffered from early waking insomnia for about twenty years. It mattered less when I was younger, I could always keep going. In the last few years it became a problem to the extent that I refused invitations/ avoid travel because I know I'll be sleepy and the anxiety of having to do something the next day made the insomnia worse. I could fall asleep quite happily at 9pm, but then wake four hours later and often not fall asleep again. I tried sleep restriction, zopiclone, various natural remedies.Nothing worked. I have now been taking doxylamine succinate for 5 weeks and it has been life changing. I take half a 25mg tablet when I wake at 1am. It takes about an hour to kick in, but then I get a further 3-4 hours sleep. Heaven.

January 28, 2015 10:27 AM

Review by AbsRaiders (taken for less than 1 month):

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: Could not sleep 2 nights in a row. So I decided to try 2 Unisom tables. Took about 10pm. Slept amazing. Woke at 7.30 am took kids to school (felt like I was exhausted) went back to bed woke up at 1pm. Still pretty groggy and sluggish. Trying to wake up.

January 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by Sleeplessinnj (taken for less than 1 month):

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: Oh my goodness. I have taken Benadryl every night for thirty years or longer. This is much better. I sleep like a baby and feel rested in the morning for the first time in decades. I love Unisom and won't go back to Benadryl. The prescriptions like Lynsey's or Ambien made me hallucinate and feel pretty bad in the morning so I never continued them. Unisom has been awesome! Highly recommend it.

January 5, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by Pro Police:

For Insomnia: Restavit does work! I find it absorbs quicker by taking only ONE tablet before I eat the first mouthful of dinner as the later I leave it the longer it takes to work. E.g. if its 8pm I could feel dozy 15-90 mins after tablet been consumed. The hangover feeling is there at times, however it can make you feel worse if its closer to that time of month....for ladies.

October 15, 2014 11:05 AM

Review by GeorgeW2:

For Insomnia: I've taken 25 mg for five nights and found that it does help me sleep. Unfortunately, it can put me asleep for 12 hours, leaving me feeling groggy and unwilling to do much else for the rest of the day. I might use it on days when sleep is badly needed and I've nothing to do the next day. Possible side effects for elders are serious and apply to me, so that also will limit my use.

August 12, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Evelove:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I been having problems sleeping for year's and this is the first time I take something to help with my sleep. It actually does work but the only negative thing I would say it makes me sleep for to long I took it at 12am the other night and woke up at 1pm and i woke up feeling awesome but I can't be waking up that late.I think maybe I should just take it at an earlier time.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 3, 2014 4:00 AM

Review by Ms zombie be gone!:

For Insomnia: I only need a quarter of a tablet to get to sleep and stay there for about five hours. I do not want to "get used to it" so I also try not to used it too often. Lately I was trialed on a new medication, and I had to use half to get to sleep. It is an antihistamine type product, so two birds, one stone.

July 24, 2014 8:52 PM

Review by saxaphonman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: This medication WILL put you to sleep. However, I had the adverse "Hangover effect." I took one pill at eight in the morning (I work nights), and could not pull myself out of bed until after 9pm. I may try again with just a half pill.

July 23, 2014 3:01 AM

Review by Paul2:

For Insomnia: Taking Doxylamine Succinate for insomnia and to help reduce alprazolam dose (anxiety) from 2mg to 1 mg or less. Following the advice of the pharmacist, I took about 3/4 of a 25mg tablet and that dose has allowed me to sleep well without any of the associated morning after drowsiness. It has also enabled me to eliminate the night dose of alprazolam without difficulty ( tapered down over 2 weeks, long term user for 14 years). I am pleased with this progress and would say that Doxymaline Succinate has been a good choice for my needs. Time will tell.

April 28, 2014 12:13 PM

Review by Kirst28 (taken for less than 1 month):

Sleep Aid Tablets (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I think they are great. I have anxiety and depression which makes it hard to sleep, these relax me & make me tired, within less than an hour of taking 1 tablet I'm asleep.

April 14, 2014 4:47 AM

Review by zee_zee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I took 2 Restavit tablets last night at 10pm, fell asleep about 11:30pm. I woke up a few times during the night but fell back asleep easily. It definitely works; great for insomnia but terrible (for me) the morning after. I woke up feeling totally unrefreshed and like a zombie. Had a cup of coffee and still felt that way. I have had to take the day off work as I felt like my ability to work was compromised. I went back to sleep and woke up at 1:30pm. I still have muscle weakness and have had to push myself to cook lunch. Sure, this medication is good for sleep, but the negative side effects lasting most of the next day have defeated the purpose of taking it for me. I will only take one IF I don't have anything on the next day!

December 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by 6_big_in_the_britches_9:

For Insomnia: I've been having terrible insomnia these days and diphenhydramine just puts me in a weird zone where I can't sleep. Took 25 mg of doxylamine at 10pm and was out by 10:45pm. Didn't wake up until 2pm the next day! Feel like I made up for all the sleep I've missed this week!

November 18, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by mokey1:

For Insomnia: I am trying to come off clonezapam and the pharmacist recommended this when I said I have an adverse reaction to benadryl and nyquill. This is supposed to have a different ingredient, well I DID NOT fall asleep. I had the same reaction I do with pain killers, it will keep me laying there with eyes closed but I don't actually fall asleep. I took it at 9PM and still up at 1AM. Finally broke down and took a valium. If you have adverse reactions to these types of things, this may do the same.

October 20, 2013 2:00 PM

Review by esummey95 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I'm a 17 year old with terrible insomnia and this medication didn't work for me.

July 10, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by KT1975 (taken for less than 1 month):

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: It actually works! I have had sleep issues for years-the prescription meds do nothing for me. The Klonopin I was taking to help me fall asleep stopped working so I tried Unisom Sleep Tabs and it took about 30-45 mins to kick in but I was able to fall asleep and STAY asleep. It's the first time in a long time that I slept through the night. I was groggy when I got up, but a shower and some coffee woke me right up.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2013 2:16 PM

Review by lyndara (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I like how this medicine works. It allows me to fall asleep without giving me a "hangover effect".

January 20, 2013 12:40 AM

Review by dbeme (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sleep Aid Tablets (doxylamine) for Insomnia: Works okay. I do not get the same "restless leg" issues with this as I have with other over the counter pain medicines.

January 15, 2013 8:11 AM

Review by Pbr4evr:

For : I can NOT turn off my busy little brain! I started taking this OTC brand 6 years ago. It takes about an hour to work but WOW....I sleep great. If I wake up at night, I easily fall back to sleep. I've had absolutely NO side effects. No morning sluggishness etc. Only problem..I can NOT fall asleep without it now. If I try to wean myself off of it, I am awake almost all night long. After two nights of this, I go back to it. I can get by on 1/2 of a 25mg tablet. After using it for so long, every night, I am just hoping they don't come out with horrible warnings! So far...so good!

March 11, 2012 10:34 PM

Review by Fairiegurl:

For Insomnia: I have been having problems falling asleep and staying asleep for about a year...unsure why - I have tried every over the counter sleeping pill I could find. Doxylamine is wonderful. I still sometimes have trouble staying asleep, but it allows me to fall asleep without any problems and I still feel refreshed and energetic the next morning even if I woke up a few times in the night. I will take 1-3 of the 25mg pills - I am highly tolerant of sleep inducing pills and only recommend one for most people.

February 9, 2012 6:20 PM

Review by Yeo:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: Excellent the best mediation for insomnia

January 9, 2012 7:48 PM

Review by frisbie:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: I have taken just about every over the counter sleep aid, and all prescribed ones as well and this works pretty well for me. I have to take the maximum dose of Ambien to even feel drowsy, this is much cheaper (no insurance) and works as well or possibly a little better. DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE THAN RECOMMENDED.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2011 2:47 AM

Review by hscolnik:

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: Takes an hour to kick in but lasts a long time and will give me eight to nine hours of sleep. It has a very long half-life (9-15 hrs) and can leave me feeling drowsy for a long time throughout the day.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2011 6:09 AM