User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid Tablets, Sunmark Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Learn more about Doxylamine.

Insomnia 43 reviews 105 medications

7.7
Allergies 0 reviews 49 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 0 reviews 793 medications Not rated - Be the first
Conjunctivitis, Allergic 0 reviews 51 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nasal Congestion 0 reviews 522 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rhinorrhea 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxylamine reviews 43 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Doxylamine

For Insomnia: "Works the best ive tried all types of sleep aids and doxy is the best and over the counter :)"

DJamesdalt (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "After taking Doxylamine for over 8 months for severe insomnia, I have gained over 15lbs. I'm only 5'1'' & 15lbs is a significant weight gain. I've never been overweight, I've been consuming less calories & no change in weight. The doxylamine helps with my insomnia but I can not continue using it because of weight gain."

rushingrivers August 14, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I'm pregnant and my dr recommended me to take unisom and b6 at night for my morning sickness and neasua. When I took it i easily fell asleep but I could not sleep throught the night I would wake up at least 3-4 times. I work up irritable (more Than normal for being pregnant) and it also triggered my migraines. Almost Everytime I took this I would get RLY bad headaches"

Prego chick August 11, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Unisom definitely makes good on its word. Within about 15-30 min after taking a pill, drowsiness comes into play, with sleep following soon after. Expect irritability. Especially when someone or something is causing you to come in and out of your sleep. After waking, expect 4-5 hours of drowsiness, and at least 5-8 hours until all side ffects clear."

AbAaBaA July 31, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking doxylamine for the past 10 years. This is a Kirkland product, 25mg tablets. If I take a whole tablet it knocks me out and I am numb in the morning. Still, it is the only sleep remedy I've had success with and when I try to discontinue, because of the uncertainty of long term use, I don't sleep. At 76, I am doing my best to retain my cognitive function and I have serious questions about the long tern effects of this drug. To sleep or not to sleep, and I will choose sleep whatever the risk. I find that I can take 1/2 tablet and that has the desired effect...even 1/4 will sometimes do it. I would love to hear about the experience that others have had, For me this is the only thing that works, and I have tried everything."

pafsome? July 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have taken Unisom (doxylamine) for 30 years. I cannot sleep without it. I am a little drowsy when I get up but after a couple of cups of coffee I am great. I have tried every other kind of sleep aid that is made but nothing works like Unisom tablets. Even the other Unisom (gel,etc) do not work for me."

Corbinator July 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've suffered with insomnia for many years & have tried various remedies including Yoga based approaches & treatments using natural products like Valerian. Unfortunately, none of these has had any lasting effect. Usually, I will manage to get to sleep but will wake up three or four hours later & then have a real struggle to get back to sleep no matter how relaxed I am. Consequently, I'm absolutely shattered the next day and find it very hard to function properly. With Doxylamine, however, I usually enjoy a good night's sleep (6 to 7 hours) and feel energised the next day. I've been taking them for over three years now and don't appear to have any side effects. I take about half a tablet each night and drift of to sleep about an hour later"

Tai Pai (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "It works perfect for me to go to sleep. I only took half of the the tab. I sleept the whole night, for 10 hours, but I had a hard time trying to wake up!! I felt dizzy and with Migraine. I read everything about side effects, so I realized that I can't take this substance because I'm taking Eutirox because I have been diagnosed with HipoTyroidism. It works but its not good for me."

MadamPelush (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I took 25mg of Doxlamine for the first time only for one night so far. I took it 8:30 pm put me to sleep quickly. I did wake up a couple of times during the night. Like most of the reviews I woke up feeling very tired unable to push myself out of bed normal time. I had a slight headache and my legs are hurting from it. Feeling very tired as of the moment .I do hope it wears off soon."

Foxeylady71 July 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "I go right to sleep upon getting in bed about 11:00 PM but without any sleep aid I usually awake around 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM. For the past five years I usually take a half of a 25mg doxylamine succinate tablet before going to bed and that keeps me asleep until shortly before the 6:00 AM alarm goes off. No side effects. Solid sleep. Worth its weight in gold!"

BigPlanDan (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 25, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I am a healthy 21 year old but have trouble getting and staying asleep. I have tried melatonin and I feel it may help me get to sleep but not stay asleep. The other night I laid awake until 5:30 am trying to keep my eyes closed with no luck. So the next day I researched some over the counter sleep aids and Unisom had great reviews, so that day I picked some up. I took one at ten that night and started getting sleepy an hour later. By 11:30 I was fast asleep. Although I woke up a few times throughout the night, as I usually do, I was still tired and found it very easy to fall back to sleep without tossing and turning for ten minutes at a time. I woke up at 9:00am the next day felling minimally drowsy. I will continue to take Unisom"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "I haven't been able to sleep through the night I always wake up every 2 hours for the pass 2-3 months and I'm so tired at work I would take NyQuil to help me sleep but it didn't help me sleep through the night then I tried unisom I took it around 9:30 I didn't fall asleep till around 10:30 and I didn't sleep through the whole night I kept waking up and I was still a little tired in the morning"

Kzzzz1222 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I have taken Unisom for over three years now and I'm a severe asthmatic with chronic shortness of breath and I have had no complications from the sleep aid. After taking it and awakening in the morning I've never experienced any side effects. I wake up feeling rested and with full of energy. Best sleep aid on the market."

Dottiegirl April 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been using Kirkland brand doxylamine succinate now for many years. I take only 1/2 a 25mg pill and find it works just as well as a full pill, without making me drowsy the next morning. Here and there I find myself without a pill if I'm out of town and forget them or run out, and what happens is I just go back to the same I Sonia I had for ten years prior to taking these. Therefore I don't think they're addictive in my case, rather if I don't take them I'm back where I started. Insomnia was a problem I suffered from for years, not just a temporary deal."

PMD1964 April 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am not sure if this is Typical or just me. Possibly anxiety/OCD related. After I take a Unisom sleep tab (25mg) and lay down when I begin to get sleepy, it is like the second I close my eyes, my brain comes up with the most off the wall, weird/odd images and things that my brain will just expound on. (I am not experiencing auditory hallucinations) however, the typical voice inside my head goes haywire for about ten minutes until I am out of it."

sleepHelpInsomnia April 1, 2015

Sleep Aid Tablets (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I've been having problems with going to sleep at night for awhile now and saw unisom advertised on a commercial so I decided to try something for the first time ... I would say it kicked in about a hour after taking it - I still went to bed late just not as late as usual ... I slept the whole night through but in the mornings I would be more tired and still in bed until a little after 1 pm ... Not a morning person but I hate getting up that late after 11 is too late for me but I still be in bed tired - So that's my only problem!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I took 1 50 mg tablet of UNISOM; it didn't work so I took another one. I fell asleep 4 hours later and when I woke up, I had the worst headache for life and taste in my mouth for a whole week straight."

Kalle14 March 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "Does it work? You bet it does. I have suffered from insomnia for 18 years so I know when I'm asleep or not. This med is wonderful in keeping you asleep for 5 1/2 to 6 hours. This med is also effective in getting you to sleep. The downside. My God is it drowsy. I'm usually a guy who doesn't complain but this med makes you super drowsy. In addition to the drowsiness, it will make you irritable because you don't feel good. In conclusion, I would recommend it because the psychological benefit of knowing you slept slightly outweighs its side effects. I hope this info helps. Best of dreams."

Chronic Insomniatic March 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I suffered from early waking insomnia for about twenty years. It mattered less when I was younger, I could always keep going. In the last few years it became a problem to the extent that I refused invitations/ avoid travel because I know I'll be sleepy and the anxiety of having to do something the next day made the insomnia worse. I could fall asleep quite happily at 9pm, but then wake four hours later and often not fall asleep again. I tried sleep restriction, zopiclone, various natural remedies.Nothing worked. I have now been taking doxylamine succinate for 5 weeks and it has been life changing. I take half a 25mg tablet when I wake at 1am. It takes about an hour to kick in, but then I get a further 3-4 hours sleep. Heaven."

Cathy Hithersay January 28, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Could not sleep 2 nights in a row. So I decided to try 2 Unisom tables. Took about 10pm. Slept amazing. Woke at 7.30 am took kids to school (felt like I was exhausted) went back to bed woke up at 1pm. Still pretty groggy and sluggish. Trying to wake up."

AbsRaiders (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Oh my goodness. I have taken Benadryl every night for thirty years or longer. This is much better. I sleep like a baby and feel rested in the morning for the first time in decades. I love Unisom and won't go back to Benadryl. The prescriptions like Lynsey's or Ambien made me hallucinate and feel pretty bad in the morning so I never continued them. Unisom has been awesome! Highly recommend it."

Sleeplessinnj (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "Restavit does work! I find it absorbs quicker by taking only ONE tablet before I eat the first mouthful of dinner as the later I leave it the longer it takes to work. E.g. if its 8pm I could feel dozy 15-90 mins after tablet been consumed. The hangover feeling is there at times, however it can make you feel worse if its closer to that time of month....for ladies."

Pro Police October 15, 2014

For Insomnia: "I've taken 25 mg for five nights and found that it does help me sleep. Unfortunately, it can put me asleep for 12 hours, leaving me feeling groggy and unwilling to do much else for the rest of the day. I might use it on days when sleep is badly needed and I've nothing to do the next day. Possible side effects for elders are serious and apply to me, so that also will limit my use. "

GeorgeW2 August 12, 2014

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I been having problems sleeping for year's and this is the first time I take something to help with my sleep. It actually does work but the only negative thing I would say it makes me sleep for to long I took it at 12am the other night and woke up at 1pm and i woke up feeling awesome but I can't be waking up that late.I think maybe I should just take it at an earlier time."

Evelove August 3, 2014

For Insomnia: "I only need a quarter of a tablet to get to sleep and stay there for about five hours. I do not want to "get used to it" so I also try not to used it too often. Lately I was trialed on a new medication, and I had to use half to get to sleep. It is an antihistamine type product, so two birds, one stone."

Ms zombie be gone! July 24, 2014