User Reviews for Cartia XT

Learn more about Cartia XT.

Atrial Fibrillation 4 reviews 33 medications

Raynaud's Syndrome 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cartia XT reviews 9 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Cartia XT

Review by arito:

For High Blood Pressure: Had high blood pressure episode of 200/120. A combination of acute stress, not enough exercise, pre-diabetic, dehydration, and not watching sodium intake. Moderately fit and no overweight. ER gave me metoprolol 100mg a day and developed an antagonistic/allergic reaction sending me back to the ER. Started on losartan 25mg for two days and BP didn't go down as expected. Stress test show normal everything except for borderline BP and rapid heart rate 112. Cardiologist put me in 120mg Cartia XT. Took a first dose last night, BP dropped 80/60 77 no symptoms, had water and feet up. Woke up with 100/70 82 laying down an 110/70 86 standing up. So far ringing of the ears, I hear my heart sounds and dry mouth. It's working so far. I will take it in the morning instead.

December 7, 2013 12:00 PM

Review by Tasha2 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I took Cartia XT 120 mg once a day for thousands of PACs and PSVT. Cartia is mild, with few side effects, but good results. I took (Teva brand) Diltiazem EX 120 mg and had problems. I found out when I took leftover Cartia's that the problem is the Teva brand doesn't work as well for me.

June 25, 2012 8:31 PM

Review by RdenicolaJR:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I really like this medicine. Take 180mg in the morning and one in evening. Really it is the right medicine for me. I am not tired at all, but make sure you take it everyday. I stopped for 2 days..felt really bad. I highly recommend this ...do not take any generics..pay the money for the real deal.

January 14, 2012 6:54 PM

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I have had SVTs for about 18 years and was switched from Calan SR to this drug. I had no issues for about 4 years until recently when I was told that Cartia had been discontinued. Now I am on Diltiazem for 3 months and have already had 2 episodes in a month. I am going to try my hardest to get back on Cartia

December 29, 2009 10:58 PM

Review by photoqueen:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I was on Cartia XT when they discontinued it. It is the ONLY drug that works for me. There was no warning from CVS either. I went into fibrillation. The doctor put me on four different drugs after that of which none worked. One was too hard and large to swallow, one had food dye and I am allergic, and one made my head ring terribly. Another one is on the way but it is twice a day. Since I also have fibromyalgia, I have to be extra careful.

August 10, 2009 11:33 PM

For Atrial Fibrillation: I use Cartia XT for A-fibrillation. The only problem I ran into was using generics. CVS switched their provider and it did not work as well. 2 days of A-fibrillation and I went on the real deal. What a difference, everything is back to normal.

July 7, 2009 12:11 PM

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I have been taking Cartia XT for supraventricular tachycardia for about 5 years. This medication has completely controlled the racing heart that I used to get from time to time. I've had no side effects. A big bonus is that eating ice cream used to trigger the racing heart beat. Now I can eat ice cream.

May 23, 2009 5:13 PM

Review by cflea:

For High Blood Pressure: Be prepared for a "mental health day". My first 240mg dose wiped me out for a full 24 hours. I was dizzy and just plain off. Sitting to standing was a crash and burn experiment. It passed quickly and since 2nd day was okay.

April 23, 2009 3:16 PM

Review by chrislikesliving:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I am taking Cartia XT 240 MG for atrial fibrillation. It works and I have not noticed any other side effects other than being sleepy all of the morning. I take it at 6:30 am and usually could fall asleep without much prompting. However I'm not groggy and can concentrate fine. The heart is in rhythm and thats what counts.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2008 10:08 AM