User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Back Pain

"Diclofenac has been quite effective reducing pain and spasm for lower back facet joint inflammation. One 50 mg tablet a day seems to work. No side effects noted after two months of use. Also quite good at reducing osteo arthritis inflammation and pain"

Angus Baines (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I've had herniated discs for 5 years and the back and nerve pain can be really intense and debilitating. Started using Zipsor about 18 months ago and it makes it possible for me to live. I'm so grateful for this product, and I hope I never have to stop taking it for any reason!"

ColleenE December 9, 2015

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I had a surgery in my spine 10 years ago (herniated disc L5) and around 2 months ago my back start bothering again, after 2 days taking it my pain was gone , walking again and sleeping well, I highly recommend this marvelous medication."

Naocuca October 22, 2015

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have been taking this for many years. I do not have to take it everyday. When I experience back pain I take it. The only side effect I have had is constipation."

Zek April 7, 2015

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I started taking this medication and within a few hours my back pain was considerably better and I have been suffering with back pain for 14 years and this is the best I have felt in a long time."

Facetmike (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

"Took 1 tablet & went in to anaphylaxis within minutes. Had to call for an ambulance in between passing out. Late at night at home alone. Very scary experience. One and only time in my life I've ever had an allergic reaction to anything. Age 55 years. Adrenaline given at hospital emergency Department."

iamalovelygrandma January 23, 2015

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I've had chronic lower back pain for over two years (herniated disk). I can't say for sure what has relieved my pain, but ever since taking diclofenac my pain almost immediately has gone from being almost completely debilitated, to being able to function physically at the level I was at when pain started. Still have pain and not 100%, but my quality of life is back and I feel much more fluid and agile. For almost six months I could hardly get out of bed, let alone tie my shoes."

Seattle del July 16, 2014

Cataflam (diclofenac): "It seems to do a better job than other anti-inflammatories."

Anqlsednlwjeldjlwdlwkeldjl March 30, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Used 75mg Voltaren twice a day as a maintenance for pain. The problem with pain sleeping was created by deterioration of fitness because of side effects from chemotherapy treatment for invasive breast cancer."

Bluegirlnz (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2014

"I have degenerative disc disease and foraminal stenosis and am in chronic pain. I've tried all sorts of pain relievers from the weakest all the way up to fentanyl. The other day I was in incredible pain and someone gave me a 75mg diclofenac. I researched it and reviews were very positive, so I tried it. Amazingly, it worked great and very fast. "

Anonymously yours (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I have sciatica in leg, was in very bad pain for over a week finally doctor gave me Zipsor and Steroid and after 2 days I am feeling so much better! Hardly any pain in my leg. I thought I was never getting better! Thanks Zipsor!"

Doodle1966 December 20, 2013

"This medicine really helped my back pain, but lead to a whole other problem. My stomach was damaged and I had to get a tube down my throat to check my esophagus. Now I can't take any anti-inflammatory medicines as a result. If you start getting a sore belly or heart burn. Stop taking it and ask the doctor for another type of painkiller."

Kendo1 December 17, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac): "My doctor prescribed it for me as follow-up from epidural injection I had two days ago. My pain is considerably better, but I am guessing/hoping from the procedure, not from the Zipsor. I am having terrible stomach problems, that are outweighing what I am guessing the pain relief to be. Going to discontinue as a result. If lower back pain level rises, I may go back to it and bear the stomach discomfort."

Juris Ohio March 3, 2013

"This is the only medication that helped with my lower back pain that was caused from a car accident."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac): "It work great, I'm 37 and have had back pain for about 15 years now. I have tried several things over the years and nothing work for more than a week or two. I didn't realize how well Zipsor worked until I went on vacation for a week and forgot to take it. I was in pain all week long. When I got home, I start taking it again and I fill better than I have in 15 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): "GREAT stuff. Many uses! It has been a life saver. I require narcotic pain medications on a regular basis and Voltaren REALLY helps me to not need as much narcotic pain medicines for pain management."

Anonymous January 16, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): "After taking Voltaren occasionally over a 6 week period, I suddenly started having the following symptoms. Severe bloating, severe gas, severe stomach pain, nausea, constipation, weakness."

debb01 December 28, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I am a 27 year old mother of 2 small children with a severe back injury. In hopes of cutting back on the narcotic pain medicines I started Zipsor. No Luck, within a week I was unable to get out of bed. I am now back on the narcotic pain medicines but am still looking for an alternate solution."

Anonymous November 15, 2011

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I have never used a medication that worked as well as Cataflam. It was as though I was able to actually feel the swelling leaving my body. I had no side effects at all."

Anonymous September 20, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I have spinal stenosis and sciatica from the spinal stenosis. I have tried various prescriptions but Zipsor helps the most. Sometimes I can take only two a day and it works, sometimes more if the pain persists. But, it works well for me."

patti p September 19, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have severe sciatic pain and the spine doctor prescribed this for me. It worked for a while and after a week my pain started going up. I switched to OTC Ibuprofen and it worked better. So, I guess it depends on person to person."

desihunk June 7, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): "Because of an auto accident a year ago I had a partial separation of my right sacroiliac joint. I've taken Advil, Celebrex, and Mobic along with steroid injections and received little or no pain relief. Zipsor is the only medication I've taken that has reduced the inflammation long enough for the joint to begin to heal thus giving my pain relief."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I was suffering from an impingement of a nerve root exiting the left side of the T10 - T11 junction. I was prescribed Zipsor in combination with Skelaxin (muscle relaxant). The combination provided no discernible pain relief. However, I did suffer from significant stomach and intestinal pain. The stomach & intestinal pain stopped within 12 hours of discontinuing the Zipsor. Overall, not a pleasant experience."

wrp325 March 7, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I was taking Celebrex 200mg's a day to stop the pain in my lower back, This after spending over $2000 of medical bills and an Epidural on advise from a spine Dr. My racquetball buddy, a heart DR. said Voltaren is better and prescribed a 50mg dose. It is a wonder medicine if you can take it. Voltaren has given me my life back."

coastie 1953 January 10, 2011

"I took this medication for lower back pain. It worked really well. It did slow down my bowel movements, which I prefer. Also, it was an appetite suppressant but it did give me cotton mouth."

Anonymous December 19, 2010