User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Cough 19 reviews 742 medications

5.9
Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 19 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Review by Nickepik:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: If you'd rather have diarrhea than a dry cough, this is your medicine!

November 23, 2014 1:25 AM

For Cough: Worked great for cough but gave me severe diarrhea which kept me up all night. Would have rather had cough.

October 18, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by RN09 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: This medication didn't have an awful taste (I bought the liquid) and took care of my cough. Unfortunately, I had severe diarrhea and ended up having to take an anti-diarrheal. I probably won't use this medication again - the diarrhea was horrible! I would rather have a cough!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by sick workin woman:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: It did stop the cough, got up all the junk in my lungs and allowed me to continue my work day. However it gave me such terrible stomach pain I was very near calling it quits and going home. Taking a smaller dose with food made this problem much more tolerable, yet that burning feeling lingered for hours after.

September 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Review by G Jackson (taken for less than 1 month):

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Severe coughing and cold, tried other over the counter cough and cold products. The only product that really worked was Buckley Cough Mixture and I did not experience any side effects. I recommended it to many people and it worked for them. Now we can't find it anywhere.

August 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Review by colduser (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice.

August 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Jules02:

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: The CoughGels do not keep me from coughing.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by acoch123455$:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea.

January 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Review by OIC:

For Cough: Works very quickly after taking it. However, supposed to last 12 hours and after about 5 hours I was coughing again and couldn't take anything due to the medicine still being in my system (12 hours wasn't over). I also had to go to the bathroom (upset stomach) after taking but I am not sure if there is a correlation. I do think it works much better than any other over the counter cough suppressant that I have tried with this cough, and this was a very terrible cough!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by weetowu (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter.

February 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours.

July 2, 2012 7:58 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing.

February 20, 2012 5:36 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird.

February 16, 2012 3:59 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up.

January 7, 2012 2:56 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day.

November 25, 2011 6:40 PM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea.

September 28, 2011 6:08 AM

Review by Nice Kilt:

For Cough: This medicine works for cough, but as the other reviewer said, it can have side effects like all medications. In my case, it makes me hyper. My 6 year old daughter had a bad dry cough and I had given this medicine to her. It turned her into "The Great Cornholio"! My child was talking so fast, I don't think she could even keep up with herself. Her Pediatrician was contacted, and they prescribed her a liquid that contained guafenesin and codeine. She is borderline ADD, and the Pediatricians office said that this medicine sometimes effects kids this way when they have ADD or Hyperactive. Anyway, my point is if you have any diagnosed condition, or suspect that you have a condition, look to see if OTC medicines will affect you in any different way.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Worked but had lots of side effects for me.

February 5, 2009 5:03 AM

Buckleys Mixture (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Works great, almost immediate.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate