User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creo-Terpin, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, Delsym, Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief, Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief for Children & Adults, Delsym Children's 12-Hour Cough Relief, DexAlone, Dexi-Tuss, Dextromethorphan HBr Adult Formula, Dristan DM, Dry Cough, Duract Max Strength Cough, ElixSure Cough, Hold, Hold DM, Jack & Jill Thin Strips Cough, Neocitran Thin Strips Cough, Novahistine DM, Nucosef DM, Pedia Relief, PediaCare Children's Long-Acting Cough, Pertussin CS Childrens, Pertussin DM, Pertussin ES, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robafen Pediatric Cough & Cold, Robitussin Children's Cough Long-Acting, Robitussin Cough Long-Acting, Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting, Robitussin DX Cough Control, Robitussin Lingering Cold Long-Acting Cough, Robitussin Lingering Cold Long-Acting Coughgels, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Scot-Tussin DM Cough Chasers, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Strepsils Cough, Strepsils Cough Relief, Sucrets Cough, Theraflu Thin Strips Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough, Triaminic Thin Strips Long Acting Cough, Tussin Cough Gels (Long Acting), Tussin Pediatric, Tussinol for Dry Coughs, Vicks Dayquil Cough, Vicks Formula 44, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Dry Cough Suppressant, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Cough 13 reviews 734 medications

5.5
Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 13 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Review by Jules02: User Rating:

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: The CoughGels do not keep me from coughing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 3:53 PM
Review by acoch123455$: User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea.

January 11, 2014 10:47 AM
Review by OIC: User Rating:

dextromethorphan for Cough: Works very quickly after taking it. However, supposed to last 12 hours and after about 5 hours I was coughing again and couldn't take anything due to the medicine still being in my system (12 hours wasn't over). I also had to go to the bathroom (upset stomach) after taking but I am not sure if there is a correlation. I do think it works much better than any other over the counter cough suppressant that I have tried with this cough, and this was a very terrible cough!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 1:01 PM
Review by weetowu (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter.

February 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours.

July 2, 2012 7:58 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing.

February 20, 2012 5:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2012 3:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up.

January 7, 2012 2:56 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day.

November 25, 2011 6:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea.

September 28, 2011 6:08 AM
Review by Nice Kilt: User Rating:

dextromethorphan for Cough: This medicine works for cough, but as the other reviewer said, it can have side effects like all medications. In my case, it makes me hyper. My 6 year old daughter had a bad dry cough and I had given this medicine to her. It turned her into "The Great Cornholio"! My child was talking so fast, I don't think she could even keep up with herself. Her Pediatrician was contacted, and they prescribed her a liquid that contained guafenesin and codeine. She is borderline ADD, and the Pediatricians office said that this medicine sometimes effects kids this way when they have ADD or Hyperactive. Anyway, my point is if you have any diagnosed condition, or suspect that you have a condition, look to see if OTC medicines will affect you in any different way.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2010 11:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Worked but had lots of side effects for me.

February 5, 2009 5:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Buckleys Mixture (dextromethorphan) for Cough: Works great, almost immediate.

December 18, 2008 10:05 PM