User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Cough 70 reviews 747 medications

4.9
Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 70 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

For Cough: "I just took Delsym an hour ago and now my cough is worse and I have some bowel movements."

classified name (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Only made a slight difference in coughing. A bag of cough drops is more effective."

Pierre108 February 4, 2016

For Cough: "Took my first dose last night before bed since I have been having a nagging cough from allergies. Helped suppress the cough a little (not completely) but I was up on and off all night with anxiety, nausea, night sweats, and of course, coughing. It is now 2pm the following day and I have been extremely dizzy all day and have been having very gassy diarrhea and stomach cramps. I have been stuck at home all day feeling bad. Will never use this medication again. I prefer coughing over vertigo and diarrhea."

Robitussin DM February 2, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Did not help my cough or sickness at all."

Madi398 January 23, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I bought this medicine for my husband and after reading all these reviews I was hesitant to give it to him. His coughing not only kept him up but myself. He did take it after all and believe me he slept through the night and so did I. I can honestly say I am glad I did not listen to these reviews it really worked."

melodia January 22, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I wish I had read the reviews before taking this product! Forty five minutes after taking Delsym I had lots of belly gurgling then painful cramps and then immediate violent diarrhea! I got so dizzy & lightheaded while sitting on the toilet I almost passed out. I will never take this product again & will advise all friends & family to avoid it as well. As far as suppressing my cough, I was too afraid to cough for some time after the diarrhea started!!"

Smarter now January 20, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This cough medicine was not only ineffective, the grape taste and consistency was awful. Waste of money."

Did not work (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Stopped my cough and I was able to sleep. But I was awakened a couple of times during the night with a severe diarrhea accident. I don't think I'll take again for that reason. The diarrhea past in about 12 hours."

ggtexas (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Complete waste of almost $15 I paid for a bottle of this stuff. It made my cough & dry throat even worse so that I got very little sleep. I've taken it for 3 nights, each night with the same result, I wish I would have read reviews beforehand, I definitely would not have bought this."

ajk64 (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped the dry cough for sure! But I am currently on the can as I write this. The reviews are spot on (Wish I read them before I took up to 3 doses). I've traded a horrible cough for uncontrollable bowel movements!"

InformedConsumer89 January 6, 2016

Robitussin Cough Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Took Robitussin dm cough and chest congestion dm for a persistant cough. Took 2 doses and my stomach is twisted and I have bad diarrhea. Took my cough down but I'm so sick to my stomach. Need to stop taking it to go back to work tomorrow."

Teacher with cough for months (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Worse thing I have ever purchased in my life. Coughing worsens with this and didn't let me sleep all night. Triggers dry throat and cough attacks."

Anonymous January 2, 2016

For Cough: "Took delsym cough about one hour ago. It has suppressed my cough but I now have diarrhea and my head is spinning."

girlwithacough December 31, 2015

For Cough: "One of the best cought suppresants"

ya52 December 23, 2015

For Cough: "I got some relief from constant dry cough but I wouldn't say it's brilliant although I am asthmatic too. This cough however was not my normal now and again asthmatic cough. Once I took the dextromethorphan I had bad diahorrea. I have found I am now allergic to lots of medication that I never used to be prior to early menopause and and asthma. I won't be taking again unless I am very desperate."

loxy (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My six year old daughter is an asthmatic and the coughing she does while having a cold/flu tend to trigger it. I wanted to try a cough medicine just for bedtime to help her sleep comfortably without coughing spells. Sure enough Delsym did the trick! I had tried Mucinex and several others for children but felt they only made it worse. Within 35 min. The couching had stopped. I give Delsym an 8 out of 10 because it doesn't last the full 12 hours but close to it. My daughter had no side effects as far as bowel movements, gas, or hives. Just a cured cough"

Melly2437 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For Cough: "Minimized coughing which allowed me to sleep but did not stop cough. Also, diarrhea multiple times . Not feeling great"

naural remedy next time (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This medicine is amazing and works better than anything else I tried. It has been a week that I've been sick and can't breath, shortness of breath. I take this and feel all better."

sammijane December 13, 2015

For Cough: "I went to my dr yesterday n was diagnosed with severe bronchitis and was told this was a good med to take to alleviate my 'tight' breathing and coughing. My Dr suggested it for night time use. I took the recommended dose and it did great with the cough. However, I woke up a few hours later and felt my insides shaking like mad, having horrible stomach cramps like I was going to have diarrhea, it never really 'came about' but when I got up in the middle of the nite I hit a wall I was so dizzy. Never again. I get better results from other much cheaper products. So wanted to love this. I am a pharm tech and I have seen many people buy it. I thought I was just sensitive to the med because I am sensitive to meds sometimes."

Mama2boys December 8, 2015

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I had a very dry cough & onset of dry, wheezing chest congestion. I took a capful and the cough stopped within minutes, the congestion loosened in the nose & lungs over the next 2-3 hrs. I was able to sleep and am no longer constipated. 9/10 Stars"

AKElias December 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I took this well over an hour ago. My cough has not stopped, if anything, it almost feels like the Delsym made it worse."

LaurenELewis December 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "works great most of the time, only thing i can say is that it doesn't necessarily work for 12 hours but still gets the job done for half that time at least. Usually dims the coughing but doesnt stop it, buy cold medicine to treat the cold"

xlcashmoneylx (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I had purchased Delsym nighttime night strength for a cold the first night it worked great the second night I got the worst pain in my upper abs, than came nausea , followed by actually throwing up and a small bout of diarrhea. I am not sure if it was the lack of food contents in my stomach or what but it was a horrible experience"

Connie329 November 10, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Gave this to my kids and they were up with diarrhea all night. Lots of gas on the stomach, with cramping as well."

Gaby123456 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Been using this for about 7-8 years now. Unlike the sugar laced alcohol that is in most cough syrup, this stuff is the best. Takes about 45 min before it starts working, but after that, no more cough. In regards to diarrhea, no one in my family has had the experience described by some (or the same person posting over and over)"

daxg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2015