User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, ...show all 64 brand names

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Cough 34 reviews 775 medications

6.1
Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 34 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Every time there's a virus or allergies in the air due to having asthma I usually end up catching bronchitis from it and these by far are the only thing that really helps the coughing. Not to mention I've tried A LOT of other cough suppressants even prescriptions and these truly do help better than any I've found! I would definitely recommend trying them!"

Sally7695 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped a lot with the cough. if you take it without food it does give you that 'out of it' feeling. The downside was that it gave me terrible, super watery diarrhea."

w710 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I was traveling and started having dry, allergy-related cough. Trying to suppress it long enough to give a presentation and Delsym worked perfectly. But as others noted, started to have diarrhea. I didn't connect it right away to Delsym, because when traveling everything is disrupted. Now home, everything had mostly cleared up and took the last dose last night, and sure enough diarrhea back today. I take no other meds."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It definitely helps my cough. But it makes me so dizzy, I feel like my surroundings are going by at 100mph when I walk. I would NOT drive after taking it. I also feel a little "out of it", but that could just be having a sinus infection. I didn't have a problem with diarrhea like some people have mentioned."

aaaubreyyy April 9, 2015

For Cough: "I have had a non-productive cough for the last four months. I had two laryngoscopies which were both negative. My wife asked me to try this drug which as a physician I took reluctantly. My cough miraculously stopped after two hours. It has been 48 hours since my first and last dose and no cough. I cannot rule out a psychosomatic reaction. However I don't care I am no longer coughing!!"

kamal123 March 30, 2015

For Cough: "Stopped cough but severe diarrhea as others have stated. unfortunately didn't figure that it was the medicine until second night taking it..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This medicine gave my 7 year old and his schoolmate a serious case of the Hives. If this happens to you, stop taking it and Benadryl will counteract the Hives."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Cough: "My husband had a nasty cough for days that wouldn't go anyway and kept him up all night. He tried a couple different over the counter medicines but his cough increasingly got worse. Someone recommended Delsym which he tried and FINALLY he got the best night's sleep...not one coughing episode all night!! I would truly recommend to anyone who's sleep deprived with a nasty cough and worried spouse."

Ton March 7, 2015

For Cough: "Taste better than most, no more cough, but Diarrhea outta this world. Definitely would have preferred the cough, definitely last time"

Poop99 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped my cough from a cold when nothing else would. I'd give it an A."

Mary111 March 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Delsym is ok at cough suppression, depending on severity, but if you want to have hot liquid diarrhea all night within hours, then this is your medication. It sent me to the toilet faster than the laxatives you take the day before a colonoscopy. And it did not stop until 12 hours later. This is the single most poisonous substance I have ever ingested. "

Delsym runs February 19, 2015

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Seemed to be a little slower acting, but it has calmed down my cough and I have not had any sign of diarrhea"

randy932 January 8, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Definitely works, but definitely gave me diarrhea, and fast."

Createdtobhated (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Coughing worse after taking"

Jill L December 28, 2014

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I had a long term chronic cough a few years back & was buying everything on the shelf, nothing worked. My hubby asked the Pharmacist what he would recommend & he said Delsym the orange stuff, thought it was expensive but bought it. I immediately stopped coughing. Well here I am coughing again for a long time & finally broke down & bought some, no more cough with one dose & may take a dose today. Thanks for this great product."

Janie52 (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2014

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "If you'd rather have diarrhea than a dry cough, this is your medicine!"

Nickepik November 23, 2014

For Cough: "Worked great for cough but gave me severe diarrhea which kept me up all night. Would have rather had cough."

Anonymous October 18, 2014

For Cough: "This medication didn't have an awful taste (I bought the liquid) and took care of my cough. Unfortunately, I had severe diarrhea and ended up having to take an anti-diarrheal. I probably won't use this medication again - the diarrhea was horrible! I would rather have a cough!"

RN09 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2014

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It did stop the cough, got up all the junk in my lungs and allowed me to continue my work day. However it gave me such terrible stomach pain I was very near calling it quits and going home. Taking a smaller dose with food made this problem much more tolerable, yet that burning feeling lingered for hours after."

sick workin woman September 6, 2014

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Severe coughing and cold, tried other over the counter cough and cold products. The only product that really worked was Buckley Cough Mixture and I did not experience any side effects. I recommended it to many people and it worked for them. Now we can't find it anywhere. "

G Jackson (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2014

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice."

colduser (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2014

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "The CoughGels do not keep me from coughing."

Jules02 April 1, 2014

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea."

acoch123455$ January 11, 2014

For Cough: "Works very quickly after taking it. However, supposed to last 12 hours and after about 5 hours I was coughing again and couldn't take anything due to the medicine still being in my system (12 hours wasn't over). I also had to go to the bathroom (upset stomach) after taking but I am not sure if there is a correlation. I do think it works much better than any other over the counter cough suppressant that I have tried with this cough, and this was a very terrible cough!"

OIC December 5, 2013

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter."

weetowu (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2013