User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Dextromethorphan review summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 980 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan to treat Cough

Review by G Jackson (taken for less than 1 month):

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan): Severe coughing and cold, tried other over the counter cough and cold products. The only product that really worked was Buckley Cough Mixture and I did not experience any side effects. I recommended it to many people and it worked for them. Now we can't find it anywhere.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Review by colduser (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Jules02:

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan): The CoughGels do not keep me from coughing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by acoch123455$:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea.

January 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Review by OIC:

Works very quickly after taking it. However, supposed to last 12 hours and after about 5 hours I was coughing again and couldn't take anything due to the medicine still being in my system (12 hours wasn't over). I also had to go to the bathroom (upset stomach) after taking but I am not sure if there is a correlation. I do think it works much better than any other over the counter cough suppressant that I have tried with this cough, and this was a very terrible cough!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by weetowu (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours.

July 2, 2012 7:58 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing.

February 20, 2012 5:36 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird.

February 16, 2012 3:59 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up.

January 7, 2012 2:56 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day.

November 25, 2011 6:40 PM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea.

September 28, 2011 6:08 AM

Review by Nice Kilt:

This medicine works for cough, but as the other reviewer said, it can have side effects like all medications. In my case, it makes me hyper. My 6 year old daughter had a bad dry cough and I had given this medicine to her. It turned her into "The Great Cornholio"! My child was talking so fast, I don't think she could even keep up with herself. Her Pediatrician was contacted, and they prescribed her a liquid that contained guafenesin and codeine. She is borderline ADD, and the Pediatricians office said that this medicine sometimes effects kids this way when they have ADD or Hyperactive. Anyway, my point is if you have any diagnosed condition, or suspect that you have a condition, look to see if OTC medicines will affect you in any different way.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan): Worked but had lots of side effects for me.

February 5, 2009 5:03 AM

Buckleys Mixture (dextromethorphan): Works great, almost immediate.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate