Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, ...show all 63 brand names

Learn more about Dextromethorphan.

Dextromethorphan review summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 998 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan to treat Cough

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Stopped cough but severe diarrhea as others have stated. unfortunately didn't figure that it was the medicine until second night taking it...

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 8:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): This medicine gave my 7 year old and his schoolmate a serious case of the Hives. If this happens to you, stop taking it and Benadryl will counteract the Hives.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Poop99 (taken for less than 1 month):

Taste better than most, no more cough, but Diarrhea outta this world. Definitely would have preferred the cough, definitely last time

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 4:18 AM

Review by Mary111:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Helped my cough from a cold when nothing else would. I'd give it an A.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2015 7:45 PM

Review by Delsym runs:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Delsym is ok at cough suppression, depending on severity, but if you want to have hot liquid diarrhea all night within hours, then this is your medication. It sent me to the toilet faster than the laxatives you take the day before a colonoscopy. And it did not stop until 12 hours later. This is the single most poisonous substance I have ever ingested.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 3:43 PM

Review by randy932:

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): Seemed to be a little slower acting, but it has calmed down my cough and I have not had any sign of diarrhea

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 12:51 PM

Review by Createdtobhated (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Definitely works, but definitely gave me diarrhea, and fast.

January 1, 2015 9:02 PM

Review by Jill L:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Coughing worse after taking

December 28, 2014 10:26 PM

Review by Janie52 (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): I had a long term chronic cough a few years back & was buying everything on the shelf, nothing worked. My hubby asked the Pharmacist what he would recommend & he said Delsym the orange stuff, thought it was expensive but bought it. I immediately stopped coughing. Well here I am coughing again for a long time & finally broke down & bought some, no more cough with one dose & may take a dose today. Thanks for this great product.

November 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Nickepik:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): If you'd rather have diarrhea than a dry cough, this is your medicine!

November 23, 2014 1:25 AM

Worked great for cough but gave me severe diarrhea which kept me up all night. Would have rather had cough.

October 18, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by RN09 (taken for less than 1 month):

This medication didn't have an awful taste (I bought the liquid) and took care of my cough. Unfortunately, I had severe diarrhea and ended up having to take an anti-diarrheal. I probably won't use this medication again - the diarrhea was horrible! I would rather have a cough!

October 4, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by sick workin woman:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): It did stop the cough, got up all the junk in my lungs and allowed me to continue my work day. However it gave me such terrible stomach pain I was very near calling it quits and going home. Taking a smaller dose with food made this problem much more tolerable, yet that burning feeling lingered for hours after.

September 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Review by G Jackson (taken for less than 1 month):

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan): Severe coughing and cold, tried other over the counter cough and cold products. The only product that really worked was Buckley Cough Mixture and I did not experience any side effects. I recommended it to many people and it worked for them. Now we can't find it anywhere.

August 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Review by colduser (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice.

August 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Jules02:

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan): The CoughGels do not keep me from coughing.

April 1, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by acoch123455$:

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea.

January 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Review by OIC:

Works very quickly after taking it. However, supposed to last 12 hours and after about 5 hours I was coughing again and couldn't take anything due to the medicine still being in my system (12 hours wasn't over). I also had to go to the bathroom (upset stomach) after taking but I am not sure if there is a correlation. I do think it works much better than any other over the counter cough suppressant that I have tried with this cough, and this was a very terrible cough!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by weetowu (taken for less than 1 month):

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter.

February 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours.

July 2, 2012 7:58 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing.

February 20, 2012 5:36 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird.

February 16, 2012 3:59 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up.

January 7, 2012 2:56 AM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day.

November 25, 2011 6:40 PM

Delsym (dextromethorphan): Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea.

September 28, 2011 6:08 AM