User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Liquadd, ProCentra, Zenzedi

Learn more about Dextroamphetamine.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 4 reviews 17 medications

Fatigue 3 reviews 0 medications

6.7
Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 105 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

For ADHD: "Been taking 30 mg/ Adderall for over 10 years and still works fine. I take only when needed and not on weekeds unless there's a reason for it."

Carol O 729 February 1, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Vyvanse for 3 years, Adderral XL, & Adderral for another 3 years with limited success. I take a lot of other medications for mania & am always tired in addition to lacking focus...for the first time in years I can watch a movie, read a book, make it through multitasking a workday. Maybe this is what normal is meant to feel like--a world without yawns and easy distractions? Have I truly found a way to make it through a two hour movie? I think a new chapter in my life just opened..."

crazydude81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid along with Asthma. A previous drug was being used however had to be stopped because of the review and side effects of being suicidal and doing things without worrying about the risk. Hard to explain... Anyways, ever since I started this drug, it has gone on a downhill. I have been using the drug for a very long time now, and to be honest , besides the tingling feeling I get sometimes using or taking a break from this drug, it doesn't help me at all. My parents think, thats it me that has to control ADHD but I cant, and this medicine isn't helping at all. I tried taking more dosage by myself and it still didn't work. Don't recommend at all. Btw I am 18 years old soon 19."

The Soaring Mind January 18, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Hands down the worst medication I've ever tried. My Psychiatrist suggested trying a newer ADHD drug but I was enamored by some of the reviews I read on here so I persuaded him to prescribe me Dexedrine. Well what a big mistake. I was given 10mg of Dexedrine and after two weeks of it working it completely backfired. It completely ruined my cognitive abilities. I couldn't do simple math, my depth perception was off, and my time perception was off as well. I was constantly late to appointments, I had to write down everything on the calendar on my phone otherwise I will forget or think I have more time than I actually had. I would be careful with this medication. It might work for you though."

Wibblet (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For ADHD: "I am 31 years old and have been on Medication for ADHD since I was 7yrs old. This medication is by far the best one I been on. I took me about a week to adjust to the medication and not be a little extra sleepy. It helps me to calm my VERY active mind, control my (easy) temper , and helps me to focus much easier. Overall I am very happy with medication."

Ashley Marie January 9, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on 3 other ADD meds. This one seems to work great for me. I can focus stay on task and get my work done. Plus I can sit and relax with out feeling like I have be on the go all the time."

D.M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Calmed my racing thoughts a lot. Downside is the days I don't take them I feel mentally groggy"

Theothernicknamesaretajen December 14, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My 15 yo son who has innattentive ADHD was taking adderall since 7th grade. He is now in 10th. For the longest time he has been having anger issues, he is easily irritated by other students talking in class, noise on the bus, and his 7 year old sister. I was desperately searching online for meds to help with anger with ADHD and asp and found this site. Reading all the comparisons of adderall and dexedrine, others having the same situation and most improving on the dex I hoped that his problem was the adderall. Went to the doctor told her all of the above. She seemed a little skeptical about it but was willing to give it a try. I don't want to jinx myself or my son but so far so good even helped sister with homework."

Adhdmumsy (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking dexedrine for about seven days now and it has definitely helped with my chronic feelings of anxiety - that painful feeling in your chest. This in turn has allowed me to better concentrate on the daily issues at hand then constantly having that feeling of flight or flight regarding any number of daily life issues. Thus far very helpful and I hope to continue down this path - I wish I had tried this drug years ago."

62 year old gentleman (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Treatment for ADHD save my life. Don't believe all the hype and the stigma around this diagnosis and treatment. It is a real condition there is real treatment and it makes a real and profound difference to the lives of people with this debilitating condition. So don't be afraid to seek help if you think you might have ADHD it is not just childhood illness in in my opinion it generally consists persists in some form for the duration of your life just like any other disease"

addBilly (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2015

For ADHD: "Just started this medicine. Very 'high' feeling. Very happy, very quickly. Scares me cuz it could cause addiction? Be careful when taking this medicine and take it as prescribed"

Anonymous November 6, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have struggled with ADD for years and was put on a moderate dosage of ritalin in high school. But it gave me anxiety like you wouldn't believe. I ignored my ADD after high school and started dexedrine in college. What a difference! It helps me to focus much better and give me the energy to finish what I start. My procrastination has never been lower. I only give it a 9 because I sometimes need to make myself focus when the meds are an hour or two from wearing off."

avisonB (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For ADHD: "" Having learned i have ADHD,as an adult,i have struggled all my life,and at 46 i feel better being treated with Dexedrine spansules (10mg) 3 times a day. Day by day things are getting better,and now having the resources of services and help throughout my life,is very appreciated.""

Hamerman October 20, 2015

For ADHD: "Diagnosed anxiety, depression and ADD. Have been on Ritalin but side effects were too severe, making depression and anxiety worse. On d-amp for 2 weeks now. It's doing its job and I barely have any side effects."

Anonfrommars September 29, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy in my late 20's. Today I am 74 years young. When first diagnosed I was giving Ritalin. After a couple years that switched me to Dexedrine tablets. In my early 40's I was switched to Dextroamphetamine time released capsules of 15 milligram 3 a day. This medicine has made my life very manageable. Best treatment for narcolepsy. The cost is my only problem.."

Punky Gipe September 18, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Dexedrine worked above and beyond for my ADHD symptoms, outstanding medication."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2015

For Hypersomnia: "I was waaayy overly sleepy, I can sleep 12-18 hours then wake up still having a hard time and then take a nap 1-2 hrs later. This medicine now (started at 10mg) takes about 30min to kick in but will work. After time you do grow a tolerance to it and need to up it. But im just happy im not groggy and sleepy all day and can do things with my kids and go to work."

JJMissouri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I am 63 years old. Feel as if I have lost out on many years of living. Always had mental health issues. I managed to work for twenty-five years, off and on. Never was able to articulate my physical and emotional well being very well to a doctor. I was just handed an antidepressant and a sleeping pill. I gave up trying to find an answer to my severe fatigue, insomnia and deep depressions. I would beat myself up, since there has never been any reason, I could pin point as to why I suffered so much. I feel I have slept my life away. Now I am finally HOPEFUL. On low dose dex for one week. I slept a full 8 hours and have a positive feeling of a wonderful 25 years to come! Thanks for all the comments, which have given me a renewed strength!"

Finally hopeful September 7, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 39 years old and have been suffering from ADD my whole life. It wasn't until recently I finally figured out what it was. After trying Ritalin which didn't agree with me, and Adderall XR which made me irritable, anti -social and too engaged I read the reviews of this & decided to give it a whirl. I'm only on week 1, but compared to the others I am MUCH more myself with no anxiey! Also, I am shocked at how low of a dose gets the job done. I am on 5mg once daily around noon. You may think you need more but start low & see how much changes right before your very eyes. You get plenty done and still wind down after 4 hours. I sleep great and my appetite is only affected the first 3 hours. I didn't give it a 10 b/c of some memory issues."

Mrssfromwa (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

For ADHD: "I have been taking dex on and off for 21 years. Since I was young I lived in a haze. I didn't have the drive to undertake the most basic activities. I was also depressed. This haze stayed with me until I was 15 years old, when I was first prescribed dex. My mood went from sullen to elevated and my abilty focus was there for the first time in my life. The school term that I commenced dex, I duxed my year in chemistry. I am very happily married with 1 happy child so far. I take 7.5mg per day. I have no SUGAR or gluten in my diet. A point of this advise is to take holidays from dex and to take it with acetyl-l-carnitine as it inhibits any cortisol over-production; a side effect of dex. You will likely be very grateful for this synergy"

TheHaze (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I've been taking dexedrine spansules 15 mg 2 pills at a time, 2-3 times a day for about 30 years for narcolepsy. I'm currently 57 years old. If it weren't for this Rx i would probably never leave my house. Through the years i have tried various alternative meds only to find they don't work as well. Among the alternatives tried are Adderall (made me actuallyy violent); Provigil (absolutely ineffective); and Nuvigil was worse than ineffective...because it gave me the sensation of being high. So i thought it was working and i got behind the wheel of a car...bad idea. Changed back asap. Been on the same dosage for 20 yrs. Side effects: for 10 min every day get bad dry mouth and anxious. Cost is prohibitive."

elegalone (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2015

For ADHD: "Amazing medication that should be doctors FIRST CHOICE in prescribing a person with ADHD. I have been on every prescription under the sun, from Ritalin to Adderall, Vyvance, Concerta. They all had HORRIBLE side effects causing me high anxiety & I also suffer from PTSD so you can image struggle. I'm a mother of 3 kids, work part time, & own a successful business. Without Dexedrine I doubt I'd be as successful. It's a miracle drug."

Dexedreams July 25, 2015

For Fatigue: "Haven't taken this before but adderall always worked well what's the difference? pros, cons"

Starrynightfirers June 14, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 15 mg three times a day along with Ritalin 20 mg three times a day and I am so glad my Doc found this combo!!!! I'm 36 and extremely overweight and I got the got up and go that I never had and the help to keep my mind on very important things and people in my life, like my kids!!"

big momma of 3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Dexedrine was very helpful in treating my narcolepsy. It is dependable without making me nervous. I am able to have a better attention span too! I can sit confidentiality at my desk or be in social situations and have confidence that I will not be falling asleep while someone is talking to me again! Dexedrine is a great medicine for narcolepsy."

Happy and Awake (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015