User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Liquadd, ProCentra, Zenzedi

Learn more about Dextroamphetamine.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 3 reviews 21 medications

8.5
Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 62 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Review by Sim123: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Great medicine, I recently restarted this medicine after 10 years and I feel normal again. This medicine has given me great peace in my life. I feel calm and collected and I'm quickly understanding what its like to have "free time" I insist that people who find results using this medicine ensure those in government understand the increase in quality of life we are all experiencing. I've rated this medicine 10/10 purely because any cons I've experienced are meaningless compared to been given a life.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 4:01 AM
Review by Daniellemet: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Narcolepsy: I had a motor vehicle accident when I was 21, I am now 39 and have been on Dexedrine 9 months. This has been a saviour for my life in many aspects. I have never been able to read a book. Either, I would lose interest on the first line or lose attentiveness because of my sleeping disorder. I lived with this problem for almost 20 years. I never knew anything different, simply because I've never been one to hang around large crowds to compare other female lifestyles my age, plus became a young mother at 21. My parents never said anything to me. They just let me have my 2 hr nap daily to rejuvenate myself. The other positive that Dexedrine has given me is the confidence to really pursue a career of becoming a Dentist.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2014 8:16 PM
Review by TB-303: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 46 and was diagnosed with ADHD 2 times when I was a kid but never took the medicine. My life's always felt out of control and emotional roller coaster. I tried Adderall first but it made me to jumpy. I switched to Dextroamphetamine and once I got past the first week and up to my 20 mg a day everything became so much easier to deal with in life. Less stress, better sleep at night and makes me feel "normal". Best medicine in the world but the cost is absolutely ridiculous as I have no insurance.

December 23, 2013 2:00 AM
Review by MaximillianL: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Dexedrine is a SUPERB medication for controlling ADHD Impulsivity. It's a 100% smooth and clean ride compared to Adderall. Unfortunately for me though I lack motivation so Adderall is a better choice for me. I did rate this out of Symptom control. If Dexedrine motivated like Adderall does it would literally be the perfect medication. Pros: Superior Focus Reduced Impulsive decisions the best. Side effects are minimal compared to Adderall Cons: Lacks motivational Kick that Adderall delivers. Only comes in 5MG, 10MG, & 15MG Capsules and is expensive.

November 30, 2013 8:00 PM
Review by plan b (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Fatigue: mostly positive, give me the little extra path I need my stuff in order to get my day going.I regret that my fatigue got to the point that I needed medical assistance in order to function as a regular person.

November 3, 2013 11:40 PM
Review by Beth14: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Fatigue: I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have been taking this medicine for about 7 years now. It gave me my life back. I used to be so tired that I couldn't get out of bed or participate in life. The only problem is I have grown tolerant to it, and am at the maximum dosage, so I don't get as much energy from it as I used to. But I couldn't function or live without it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2013 12:59 AM
Review by Sauce3000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall 30mg/day = you feel like a genius, work hard, EYES OPEN WIDE. But at the end of the work day, I still couldn't stop myself from falling asleep on the skytrain at around 4:30 pm when I try to read. Don't think it helped much with depression and anxiety. Dexedrine 3 10mg/day = You have tunnel vision, Focused, block out distractions, helps with my severe anxiety. I think the depression is pretty under control too. Can read all day if I want. Could have really used this when I began my studies, 4 years ago! Not a month ago, with one course.... Either one, I think you perform better at work and school, but Adderall just wore off, so studying after work, you would still need coffee, or a power nap

October 25, 2013 6:35 PM
Review by mikel52588 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for ADHD: For me it's smoother than Adderall XR, less of the jitters/jumpy. Been on it for a while, and it's the best I've come across. (Desoxyn made me feel tired/yawn, Adderall gave me jitters and suppressed appetite too much, Ritalin was just bad). At first just like Adderall you will experience some back pain and need to drink extra glasses of water for cotton-mouth, but after that.. It's more normal. I've also found to some extent taking a magnesium supplement helps to keep the potency alive. As with all of the ADD meds the potency tends to fade.

October 5, 2013 3:43 PM
Review by Hummer Guy: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This is a wonderful medication. I am so happy I switched from Adderall. I find the focus and concentration to be awesome. Without a doubt it is the cleanest feeling ADHD medications on the market. If you have co-morbid anxiety disorders, this is the medicine to go for. I always felt anxious on Adderal or Ritalin, but the Dexedrine is so smooth that I find my anxiety is being helped! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has ADHD, especially when others have caused increased agitation. I believe this is the best ADHD medicine on the market.

August 30, 2013 1:23 AM
Review by balanceandcomposure: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for ADHD: I am now able to focus, not as inattentive. For the first time in 23 years I am able to read and write without losing interest after a sentence. My brain no longer feels as though it is racing or "Pinging" like a party. I find I am more settled in social situations and my impulsiveness has reduced 80%. My dosage is 5mg (first dose) then 2.5mg every 3 afters there after. If I skip my dosage for more than a day, my mind starts wandering and I am severely inattentive and by day 2 my brain and body feels so full of energy I just want to be a menace and scream at everything whilst running a marathon (except I'd get bored of running after 2 minutes ha ha). I wish I had not gone untreated for so long as this medication has saved my life.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 22, 2013 7:05 PM
Review by TROUThunter: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Narcolepsy: After several back surgeries on a good deal of pain meds. Fight everyday to get out of bed. If I have a specific goal I can get up, otherwise in bed for 15 hours. After two weeks of 15 mg dextroamphetamine in the morning. I have begun to get a life back. More focused and life has become more enjoyable. Had issues with falling asleep at stop lights (3x) and nodding off mid sentence while reading. NO MORE!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 15, 2013 4:10 PM
Review by marymcg: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My son is now 9. Since 4 years old we have tried every single (literally!) ADHD medication on the market and every single (literally!) medication was never without any serious side effects. My sons specialist suggested Dexedrine as the very last alternative before trying antidepressants. I was hopelessly optimistic, but this medication is truly a gift. I don't know how else to describe it other than being "smooth" and without it I don't know what we would do. His specialist basically said this medicine is a more pure form of amphetamine than the other name brands on the market. If you have tried medicine after medicine....give this a try. It has saved my son and our family.

July 11, 2013 3:56 PM
Review by free radical (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Hypersomnia: Of all the different ADHD meds out there the dextroamphetamine works best for me. I don't get shaky or jittery while on it. I take it very early in the morning because it takes at least two hours for it to begin to work, I can't get out of bed until the dextroamphetamine begins to wake my brain up. In fact I sleep very deeply while on this medicine and wake up feeling very rested and alert. I don't know what I would do if I didn't take this to wake up, without it I sleep 18 to 20 hours a night and still feel groggy and in a haze when I do finally get out of bed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 12, 2013 2:52 AM
Review by Lizzi Tree (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Got this for ADD and my chronic fatigue. It changed me. Grades in school went from 60s-80s, I could actually focus long enough to plan my life and pay attention. Only problem I had was the tolerance, although my dosage was raised and now I can take it regularly without feeling it, it made it really hard to sleep if I took it to late, and if the dosage is too high, or you are just starting, you get a really unpleasant buzz. Even though that buzz makes you super motivated and lets you get stuff done, it makes it really hard to relax and makes you more prone to panic attacks.

June 5, 2013 7:05 AM
Review by schmango: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for ADHD: I have ADHD and this medication works!

May 28, 2013 9:09 PM
Review by Al Pete: User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for ADHD: After being switched from Vyvanse Capsules to Dextroamphetamine tablets, I can respire better.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2013 7:24 PM
Review by Guest12: User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This is the best medicine I've ever tried. It's very smooth and easy on body with least side effect.

February 14, 2013 6:27 PM
Review by MatthewTeee:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Dexedrine, is simply a miracle. Ever since I was young I felt distant from everyone around me, and I felt as though I was always in my own world. My grades at school really started to suffer once I reached high school which was because of my undiagnosed ADHD. Homework and projects deemed impossible because I could NOT concentrate. Now, after being diagnosed with adult ADHD, I am on Dexedrine XL 15mg and Dexedrine SR 5mg. With this medication, I am doing very well in my university studies. My mind is clutter-free, and I can actually focus on the task at hand! Its simply GREAT! Dexedrine also works great for giving me tons of energy, especially when I need it for work and night school.

February 4, 2013 11:42 PM
Review by Gargamel49 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm 38. Been taking Dexedrine now for my fourth time for a month. I was diagnosed at 21 in 1995. I tried Ritalin for a couple weeks and stopped. Went untreated for a few more years. Went to my doctor about my wild mood swings and EXTREME emotions and told him about Ritalin. He said I should try Dexedrine. Instantly it did wonders. If a coworker said something that would have offended me and got me bent out of shape, it just rolled off my back. I felt great and inspired. It didn't affect my sex drive at all.

January 3, 2013 1:40 AM
Review by crazychristina (taken for less than 1 month):

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 32 yo girl who has been diagnosed with mood disorder spectrum, which includes: bi-polar II, generalized anxiety/panic disorders and social phobia disorder. I've been treated for them separately for 15 yrs with every psych medicine out there. I haven't been feeling right for awhile, I went off medicines during my 2 pregnancies in last 3yrs. Recently I saw a new Dr that told me about my mood disorder spectrum but he also said I had severe case of ADD which I had never been diagnosed with before. My insurance would only pay for Dexedrine. By my 2nd dose I felt like a new person! I was scared the stimulants would make my anxiety worse but it really makes me calmer and focused. My friends noticed after 1St day that I was feeling better. It's the best thing since Xanax!

December 14, 2012 11:08 PM
Review by hegemor1969 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for ADHD: Dexedrine was good for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 14, 2012 9:17 PM
Review by Sojrn (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

dextroamphetamine for Narcolepsy: I fall between fatigue and narcolepsy. Things like falling aslleep at traffic lights, work and at home. The doctor thought it might be the side effect of sleep apnea, so I took the test and ended up very low (6x per hour). I was put on Provigil which I soon fell asleep on, then on to Nuvigil, which wasn't strong enough. Ritalin was next but it gave a big crash when it ebbed. Now I am on dextroamphetamine and it is helping immensley. No more falling asleep in the car or at work and at home (which was putting a strain on my marrage.)

October 9, 2012 6:54 AM
Review by fancyfree286 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Dexedrine XR 2 15mg in morning for 19 years and I don't know what I wound do without it. When I go a day with it I just can't seem to get my everyday living done I feel scatter brain my thoughts don't make sense some time and I feel like my brain cant keep up with itself and that is no way to live. I'm so thankful for this medicine because without I don't know where I would be in life.

September 19, 2012 1:19 PM
Review by Mike Gio (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine) for Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: I'm currently 36 years of age, male, 6"2 240 lbs. I was diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder with agoraphobia at 16 by three separate psychiatrists and went through the usual merry-go-round of SSRIs until finding something that worked, which turned out to be Lexapro in the morning and Cymbalta at night, which preserved my sexual function. Lexapro twice a day killed it. These days, I've been suffering with fibromyalgia for 8 years and take Klonopin 2mg twice a day, Flexeril 10mg four times daily, Celebrex 200mg twice daily, Celexa 40mg in the morning, Xanax 2mg when required and Ritalin 20mg twice daily. Between the fibro fatigue and "fog" I felt nearly narcoleptic. Adding Dextrostat 60mg when required has solved the issues perfectly.

August 14, 2012 12:56 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My experience is limited since I have only been on this medication for a few days. I am a medical resident, diagnosed with ADHD at 32. Got sick and tired of my mediocre performance at work. Tried Straterra, Viibryd and Wellbutrin, nothing worked. Just started on Dexedrine 5mg 2-3 times a day. My first day on it, I studied all day until midnight. I was so motivated, I felt great, on top of the world, I was so driven. I noticed an immediate difference in my performance at work and it made me a nicer, less cynical. The bad thing was insomnia, teeth clenching, some nausea, decreased appetite and the drop in my mood once it wore off. I am worried about intolerance which is driving up my anxiety level.

July 20, 2012 9:45 PM