User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Dexilant review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Reviews for Dexilant to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Review by SummarDrummer: User Rating:

I've had acid reflux for 4 years. My doctor recommended Prilosec, etc. None of the over the counter medicines worked. Some mornings, I would wake up with a mouthful of acid. My voice was becoming more horse. On some days I could barely speak and thought I would lose my voice entirely. My latest Doc prescribed Dexilant after giving me some free samples. Within a few days, my throat was better. I've been taking it for 1 month and my voice is almost back to normal. So far, I've had no side effects, but will taper off the medicine so I don't get weakened bones due to lower calcium intake. The doc gave me a discount card, and insurance covers all but $20.00.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2014 5:13 AM
Review by barb369 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

For 10 years, I have had heartburn which I was self-treating with anything I could find (not good). Five years ago, I saw a Doctor and was prescribed every medicine on the market. The latest was Prilosec, which I have been taking for 2 years and was helping but the past year the dosages kept going up and the medicine no longer worked. I was literally drinking massive amounts of Maalox each day. The chest pains, coughing, hoarseness and heartburn is not bad that I can't stand it. I will be having reflux surgery on November 15th but my GI Doctor prescribed Dexilant and told me to give it a try. Dexilant is the miracle I was waiting for. It produced a bronchial cough but I was willing to put up with that. I still need surgery but highly recommend Dexilant.

October 24, 2012 9:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Dexilant was prescribed to replace my previous combination of omeprazole and rantidine. After 60 days is seems to be providing better GERD relief.

September 12, 2011 6:51 PM
Review by Tab43: User Rating:

Had severe chest pain, but knew it wasn't my heart. Endoscope showed 2 duodenal ulcers, started Dexilant, pain gone quickly, but I'm having high blood sugar readings.

May 23, 2011 6:36 PM

Worked quickly but within a short time developed extreme gas problems and then 5 days of diarrhea and had to stop Dexilant. No more diarrhea or gas but heartburn and burning is back.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 8, 2010 5:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Was given a sample and within two days symptoms cleared up. Insurance denied giving me full prescription so had to go with Protonix. Within 3 days of taking the Protonix all symptoms returned. Don't know what the difference is but the Dexilant works.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 22, 2010 9:29 AM