Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Dexilant review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Reviews for Dexilant to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Review by julieladybug:

I've been taking Dexilant 60 mg. for 10 days now. It was given to me because I felt like something was stuck in my throat.....esophagitis. Well it worked taking care of that problem, thank goodness. After taking for 5 days, I started getting really tired, then headaches. This week the headaches got worse and couldn't sleep at night. Also chest, ears, and scalp itching like crazy. Then today I started having very bad stomach pain. I thought about all these symptoms on the way home from work and it all added up. I remembered that each evening I took the pill, about 30 minutes later the itching began and it was terrible. I didn't take tonight, so hopefully the itching, stomach pain and headache will go away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 11:22 PM

Review by Phoenix1968:

It started out good as all of them have for me than ended up going terribly bad.6 to 8 weeks in I get a stomach flu.I run fever, vomit, have excessive diarrhea,random colon attacks and all of my insides are sore.My fevers can last up to 4 days only being able to keep water on my stomach if I'm lucky.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by SummarDrummer:

I've had acid reflux for 4 years. My doctor recommended Prilosec, etc. None of the over the counter medicines worked. Some mornings, I would wake up with a mouthful of acid. My voice was becoming more horse. On some days I could barely speak and thought I would lose my voice entirely. My latest Doc prescribed Dexilant after giving me some free samples. Within a few days, my throat was better. I've been taking it for 1 month and my voice is almost back to normal. So far, I've had no side effects, but will taper off the medicine so I don't get weakened bones due to lower calcium intake. The doc gave me a discount card, and insurance covers all but $20.00.

February 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Review by barb369 (taken for less than 1 month):

For 10 years, I have had heartburn which I was self-treating with anything I could find (not good). Five years ago, I saw a Doctor and was prescribed every medicine on the market. The latest was Prilosec, which I have been taking for 2 years and was helping but the past year the dosages kept going up and the medicine no longer worked. I was literally drinking massive amounts of Maalox each day. The chest pains, coughing, hoarseness and heartburn is not bad that I can't stand it. I will be having reflux surgery on November 15th but my GI Doctor prescribed Dexilant and told me to give it a try. Dexilant is the miracle I was waiting for. It produced a bronchial cough but I was willing to put up with that. I still need surgery but highly recommend Dexilant.

October 24, 2012 9:45 PM

Dexilant was prescribed to replace my previous combination of omeprazole and rantidine. After 60 days is seems to be providing better GERD relief.

September 12, 2011 6:51 PM

Review by Tab43:

Had severe chest pain, but knew it wasn't my heart. Endoscope showed 2 duodenal ulcers, started Dexilant, pain gone quickly, but I'm having high blood sugar readings.

May 23, 2011 6:36 PM

Worked quickly but within a short time developed extreme gas problems and then 5 days of diarrhea and had to stop Dexilant. No more diarrhea or gas but heartburn and burning is back.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2010 5:10 PM

Was given a sample and within two days symptoms cleared up. Insurance denied giving me full prescription so had to go with Protonix. Within 3 days of taking the Protonix all symptoms returned. Don't know what the difference is but the Dexilant works.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2010 9:29 AM