User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Erosive Esophagitis 10 reviews 109 medications

9.5
Barrett's Esophagus 10 reviews 13 medications

8.9
GERD 64 reviews 224 medications

7.6
Summary of Dexilant reviews 84 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Dexilant

For GERD "I have been taking Dexilant for a week now. Before taking Dexilant I was taking up to 3 pills a day for my ulcers. I feel it has changed my life, now after I eat I no longer have to lie down due to pain & my stomach pain has disappeared. I can now do normal everyday things again with pain & I got my life back. I have no side affects from taking this medication & now I take 1 pill a day & I'm happy."

Furlong January 31, 2016

For GERD "Worked well for GERD but could not continue to take it. After about a week .. I got diarrhea what would not stop. Even had a few accidents upon sneezing. Other PPI's did not do this ... and cost much less. No thank you."

Sandy MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For GERD "When I was around 17 I started having severe stomach pain and reflux. I went through multiple test and many medications that did not stop the reflux nor the pain. I got to the point I was unable to eat anything without difficulty. I finally went to a GI specialist that found I had a condition that caused by a virus in my system that had caused my white cell to attack my stomach and ended up eating the nerve endings in my stomach and that was causing severe GERD. He placed me on Dexilant and this helped to control the pain and the reflux so I was able to start living a normal life for a 18 year old going off to college. My mother had to fight with insurance many times to have it covered and even now they still threaten to stop. Miracle drug."

H M C January 9, 2016

For GERD "Hi I was having difficulty swallowing solids and heartburn was on nexus for 2 1/2 weeks and my symptoms were actually getting worse ...2 days on dexilant 60(mg) and I feel like a miracle has happened ...dexilant is like a miracle pill!!!"

Anonymous December 25, 2015

For GERD "WORKED for my GERD......BUT I had not done my homework and mistakenly thought (since it's flu season) that the raging flu symptoms I had for 3 weeks in a row were just bad luck - I had caught them ALL! one right after another! NO! Most noteable symptom is screaming burning diarrhea but seriously.....I've been off it a week and up all night again tonight with diarrhea because I ate today. This is awful. When will my gut be back to normal....? I'm taking probiotic acidophlus and cheap previously reliable anti-diarrhea pills, no relief! One month now without a solid stool, this can't be good, calling the Dr on Monday since stopping the med has not corrected the problem."

juliespuppies (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "The drug works well, what really gives me the heartburn is the cost, but it works"

RDY November 8, 2015

For GERD "I have been on Dexilant for a month now and no relief at all. I have not been given a diagnosis yet as I am still having tests. I have severe chest and throat discomfort and burp constantly . I feel terrible and am worried the acid is damaging my esophagus. ."

mistyphae October 22, 2015

For GERD "My doctor gave me a sample of this medication after a couple years of stomach problems. I've tried Zantac and tums, nothing seemed to work. I took one of these capsules, and didn't touch another one. It's now been a week and I can drink apple Juice with no problems at all ! :)"

Trentg69686 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

For GERD "I have acid reflux caused as a side effect from a cancer medicine I can't stop taking yet. I have tried several GERD treatments, Dexilant is the only one that makes me feel "normal." I have been on it for 60 days and have developed a constant, dull headache and intermittent SEVERE leg cramps (more like seizures as the muscles become rigid and inflexible). I would rather have the reflux symptoms than the sleep disruption and pain. Additionally, my insurance only pays $15.00 toward it and dexilant "never pay more than $20" coupon brings it down to $170.00 a month."

JustLB October 18, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "This is literally the only medicine after trying many for multiple years that works and works within a few days it literally changed my life"

morgan320i September 11, 2015

For GERD "Good Morning Everyone I am sacred that I am dying, the Dr's tell me I'm not but my intuition and my body are telling me different. I have been suffering from acid reflux for a few yrs now not knowing it because I don't have acid coming back up or gas or any other usual symptoms. The symptoms for me is my breathing is getting increasingly more difficult and wheezing non stop and persistant coughing with constant chest infections because my lungs are drowning in fluid. This is how I was told I have Gerd .. Dr put me on Dexilant 60mg daily, have been on now for 7 days feel nothing .. no change what so ever except extreme shoulders and upper back pain cannot raise my arms to put a shirt on without it bringing tears. I'm 53 yrs young."

Sparkplug24 September 4, 2015

For GERD "I have Barrett's as well as severe Gurd! I have tried everything you can think of! I have been on Dexalant for almost 2 weeks and not one episode! I am so happy my doctor gave me this! It has literally changed my life! I have suffered so long with feeling miserable! I had almost lost hope of feeling normal again until I took this! From the first day I took it not one single pain or waking up at night!"

Changed my life August 31, 2015

For Barrett's Esophagus "I was given Dexilant to treat my Barrett's and reflux/GERD. When I had my second EGD, two years later, the Barrett's was completely gone! Since I was still having problems with reflux during the night, my physician had me switch from taking Dexilant in the morning to taking it at bedtime. That helped me tremendously! In addition, I noticed some comments that mentioned the price of Dexilant. At this time, you can sign up for the Dexilant advantage program, which is what I did. With my insurance and that discount card, I only pay $21. The card is good for one year, however, you can renew it as long as they are offering the program. I hope this helps!"

Country Mom August 27, 2015

For GERD "My husband has been dealing with severe reflux issues for the past four years due to a low-functioning esophageal sphincter. The acid is free to move about the esophagus when aggravated, most often after eating or sleeping, resulting in severe discomfort upon waking in the morning (bile regurgitation, coughing, etc.). He suffered from an ulcer a couple years ago due to overactive acid production and we thought we got that taken care of only for the symptoms to return tenfold. He has been put on every acid blocker you can imagine, none of which worked. We were certain he was going to need an operation until Dexilant was prescribed. It has totally transformed his stomach and his life."

MHU July 22, 2015

For GERD "Suffered from heartburn for a couple decades. Used to treat with regular doses of tums, Prilosec, and every other over the counter acid inhibitor. Nothing worked for more than a day or so. I have been taking dexilant for 18 months now and have yet to have a single instance of heartburn. It's a fantastic remedy for those regular heartburn sufferers."

K2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

For GERD "Dexalant cured my GERD, I had never felt better, then my lower back started killing me and got worst. I stopped the Dexalant and it got some better but still hurts. Anyone else experience this?"

vickifb June 23, 2015

For GERD "I have severe gerd and erosive esphogus. This is the best medicine I've had. But there's no generic and I can't afford the $170 a month. And that's with the company coupon. It's a shame such a great medicine is so expensive and insurance won't cover it."

Animallover21984 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

For GERD "I am using Dexelant over 5 years and I keep taking every day it's help me a lot I was very bad to much heartburn so sick of it but thanks to Dexelant for helping me so much"

Berbatovci (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2015

For GERD "The best PPI I have used and I have tried them all. I was always needing to take the other once daily PPIs twice a day but not this one! My insurance refused to pay for the Nexuim I was on so I was required to switch...I am so glad that happened! Only costs $22 a month with my insurance and the company coupon."

Deanna Marie May 3, 2015

For GERD "Was diagnosed with 'silent' GERD with erosive esophagus. Put on omeprazole for a couple weeks, then got prescription Dexilant for a couple weeks. Both gave me daily very uncomfortable symptoms of heartburn that I had never had before. My doctor said I was his first "failure" on that medication."

Christina 427 April 20, 2015

For GERD "I was given samples if dexilant from my Dr. I was recently diagnosed with GERD. I had mucus in the back of my throat so bad I couldn't eat anything at all. I could hardly drink water without it irritating the acid in my throat. The dexilant worked like a charm I could eat and I had no side effects. Then after a week of use I started getting bad cramps in my legs. They just recently spread to my entire body. I went to the er yesterday morning they told me I had tardiv dyskonesia. I stopped taking all my medications a week ago and the cramps are still here they Here.!! I was given benadryl in the er and was told to continue use for 10days to see if the reaction goes away... I'd rather have the diarrhea then constant muscle spasms"

Damita Jo (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

For GERD "I tried everything else on the market. Nexium works, but not as good as dexiliant. With Nexium I got most of the listed side effects plus my new insurance will not pay for nexium prescription . I had to buy it over the counter and take double dosage which came out of be about 46 instead of 23. I really need prescription of 40 mg? I am glad I do not have stomach pain, lower back pain, dry mouth, etc from taking nexium. All the other acid reflux prescription or over the counter didn't work and gave me side effect . My new insurance will pay for dexiliant, but a small portion and I couldn't afford the $150 a month co-pay. I found out that the maker of dexiliant with pay the remaining $130 for me and I just have to pay $20out of pocket"

love to eat February 24, 2015

For Barrett's Esophagus "My Neurotologist/Otologist (Super-Specialist) put me on this for my Erosive Esophagus and Presby ...it works hands-down better than any other PPI's I can tell it is healing..He put me on 60mg 1x a day for 4 months..into my 1 1/2 months, and it is definately working!! Croaking is becoming less frequent, I am already optimistic that it will heal..and the croaking will stop! You must taper off when the time comes."

MerrileeSezAloha (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2015

For GERD "I've used them all! Dexilant is the only one that works!"

DCGomes January 12, 2015

For GERD "I've been battling heartburn for over a year. I've tried diet changes, homeopathic remedies, OTC medications, you name it. My doctor had me on Protonix (maximum dose) twice a day as well as Pepcid (also max dose) daily, but I wasn't having any relief. I switched to a new GI doctor and he prescribed the Dexilant. Wow! The relief was felt after 2 days on the medication. I have been on it for about a month now, and I've only had 2 episodes of heartburn in that time. Amazing!"

GIrlyMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2014