User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Erosive Esophagitis 10 reviews 109 medications

9.5
Barrett's Esophagus 11 reviews 13 medications

GERD 70 reviews 224 medications

7.4
Summary of Dexilant reviews 91 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Dexilant

For GERD "Taking for GERD after throat surgery. Has quelled my heartburn more effectively than any OTC I've taken in years. Most noticeable side effects are constant, constant gas (!!!) and lots of stomach growling if I hold it in. Feel like I'm having more frequent and more urgent BM's as well. Also, an expensive med! That being said, it works well."

Frank Slonk April 25, 2016

For GERD "I somehow contracted h-pylori. This bacteria cause damage to my stomach lining. As a result I began to suffer from serve burning in my stmach & everything I ate gave me heartburn & acid reflux. After seeing a gastro doctor put me on a Dexilant (60mg). It was a life saver. I don't get the burning feeling in my stomach & no refux which was starting to damage my esophagus. My insurance pays a portion of the cost. Then I went to the Dexilant website in which they offer a program for reduced cost. I pay $20 a month for a pill that allows me to eat without suffering. I have had no side effects from this medication. I been taking Dexilant for 6 years everyday. If I miss a day it still works but I can't go longer than 2 days without it."

Julesjohn April 16, 2016

For GERD "First treatment to effectively stop my heart burn and reflux in more than a year."

Veritasmama (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For GERD "....kinda ran out of room so this is a 2nd post,hope that's ok. Anyone suffering from cramps, diarrhea, bloating, emergencies, after taking this medication should read: I have gotten a dairy allergy after using this medicine, I would highly recom- Mend total withdrawal of dairy if you have had a similar experience. I've been dealing with these side effects for 10 months and tried various things. I assumed it had just aggravated my IBS as symptoms slowly subsided yet after a vacation with too much Rich restauraunt food, symptoms ( 3am emergency waking, constant cramps, ect.) returned. Only after total removal of dairy Am I kind of back to normal, I am able to access medical cannabis living in Canada which can drop 4-6 movements/ to1-2 day!"

Canna cure (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For GERD "Dexilant caused diarrhea / IBS / Dairy allergy- I was prescribed it for severe heartburn /hiatus hernia/ stomach inflam. and it helped a lot. I stopped taking dexilant 10 months ago due to severe diarrhea, cramps,nausea, bile, waking in middle of night with cramps and 1/2 hour painfull diarrhea / constipation combo /awfull cramps, gas- what I've read on this thread I'm not alone. I hate to tell those who recently started this that have had these issues with dexilant and 10 months off this poison and I'm still suffering. I now have a dairy allergy, only after removing dairy from my diet are my severe symptoms relieved. I eat any dairy and I'm sick again for 2-3 days. Existing IBS is worse than before, now a daily struggle. "

Canna cu (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For Barrett's Esophagus "Have had Barrett's esophagus for 15 years. After numerous other drugs, primarily Prilosec, Nexium and Prevacid, my doctor changed me to Dexilant. It works much better than the rest. Prilosec and Nexium both caused headaches and diarrhea. Some say Dexilant is the same medicine, but I have no side effects at all while taking it. Last endoscopy showed Barrett's is mostly healed. Great results!"

Gabuilder (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2016

For GERD "I was prescribed dexilant for a possible ulcer which caused nausea. It may have helped the nausea a little but not much. After taking it for a few months, I got severe diarrhea and cramping. I was not able to leave my apartment or go to work - the diarrhea was uncontrollable. I have never had diarrhea this bad before. I realized it was probably dexilant causing the diarrhea and cramping today after searching on the Internet for side effects. I doubt it is anything other than the dexilant. Hopefully the diarrhea and cramping will subside fairly quickly."

Jc in BC Canada February 17, 2016

For GERD "I have been taking Dexilant for a week now. Before taking Dexilant I was taking up to 3 pills a day for my ulcers. I feel it has changed my life, now after I eat I no longer have to lie down due to pain & my stomach pain has disappeared. I can now do normal everyday things again with pain & I got my life back. I have no side affects from taking this medication & now I take 1 pill a day & I'm happy."

Furlong January 31, 2016

For GERD "Worked well for GERD but could not continue to take it. After about a week .. I got diarrhea what would not stop. Even had a few accidents upon sneezing. Other PPI's did not do this ... and cost much less. No thank you."

Sandy MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For GERD "When I was around 17 I started having severe stomach pain and reflux. I went through multiple test and many medications that did not stop the reflux nor the pain. I got to the point I was unable to eat anything without difficulty. I finally went to a GI specialist that found I had a condition that caused by a virus in my system that had caused my white cell to attack my stomach and ended up eating the nerve endings in my stomach and that was causing severe GERD. He placed me on Dexilant and this helped to control the pain and the reflux so I was able to start living a normal life for a 18 year old going off to college. My mother had to fight with insurance many times to have it covered and even now they still threaten to stop. Miracle drug."

H M C January 9, 2016

For GERD "Hi I was having difficulty swallowing solids and heartburn was on nexus for 2 1/2 weeks and my symptoms were actually getting worse ...2 days on dexilant 60(mg) and I feel like a miracle has happened ...dexilant is like a miracle pill!!!"

Anonymous December 25, 2015

For GERD "WORKED for my GERD......BUT I had not done my homework and mistakenly thought (since it's flu season) that the raging flu symptoms I had for 3 weeks in a row were just bad luck - I had caught them ALL! one right after another! NO! Most noteable symptom is screaming burning diarrhea but seriously.....I've been off it a week and up all night again tonight with diarrhea because I ate today. This is awful. When will my gut be back to normal....? I'm taking probiotic acidophlus and cheap previously reliable anti-diarrhea pills, no relief! One month now without a solid stool, this can't be good, calling the Dr on Monday since stopping the med has not corrected the problem."

juliespuppies (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "The drug works well, what really gives me the heartburn is the cost, but it works"

RDY November 8, 2015

For GERD "I have been on Dexilant for a month now and no relief at all. I have not been given a diagnosis yet as I am still having tests. I have severe chest and throat discomfort and burp constantly . I feel terrible and am worried the acid is damaging my esophagus. ."

mistyphae October 22, 2015

For GERD "My doctor gave me a sample of this medication after a couple years of stomach problems. I've tried Zantac and tums, nothing seemed to work. I took one of these capsules, and didn't touch another one. It's now been a week and I can drink apple Juice with no problems at all ! :)"

Trentg69686 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

For GERD "I have acid reflux caused as a side effect from a cancer medicine I can't stop taking yet. I have tried several GERD treatments, Dexilant is the only one that makes me feel "normal." I have been on it for 60 days and have developed a constant, dull headache and intermittent SEVERE leg cramps (more like seizures as the muscles become rigid and inflexible). I would rather have the reflux symptoms than the sleep disruption and pain. Additionally, my insurance only pays $15.00 toward it and dexilant "never pay more than $20" coupon brings it down to $170.00 a month."

JustLB October 18, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "This is literally the only medicine after trying many for multiple years that works and works within a few days it literally changed my life"

morgan320i September 11, 2015

For GERD "Good Morning Everyone I am sacred that I am dying, the Dr's tell me I'm not but my intuition and my body are telling me different. I have been suffering from acid reflux for a few yrs now not knowing it because I don't have acid coming back up or gas or any other usual symptoms. The symptoms for me is my breathing is getting increasingly more difficult and wheezing non stop and persistant coughing with constant chest infections because my lungs are drowning in fluid. This is how I was told I have Gerd .. Dr put me on Dexilant 60mg daily, have been on now for 7 days feel nothing .. no change what so ever except extreme shoulders and upper back pain cannot raise my arms to put a shirt on without it bringing tears. I'm 53 yrs young."

Sparkplug24 September 4, 2015

For GERD "I have Barrett's as well as severe Gurd! I have tried everything you can think of! I have been on Dexalant for almost 2 weeks and not one episode! I am so happy my doctor gave me this! It has literally changed my life! I have suffered so long with feeling miserable! I had almost lost hope of feeling normal again until I took this! From the first day I took it not one single pain or waking up at night!"

Changed my life August 31, 2015

For Barrett's Esophagus "I was given Dexilant to treat my Barrett's and reflux/GERD. When I had my second EGD, two years later, the Barrett's was completely gone! Since I was still having problems with reflux during the night, my physician had me switch from taking Dexilant in the morning to taking it at bedtime. That helped me tremendously! In addition, I noticed some comments that mentioned the price of Dexilant. At this time, you can sign up for the Dexilant advantage program, which is what I did. With my insurance and that discount card, I only pay $21. The card is good for one year, however, you can renew it as long as they are offering the program. I hope this helps!"

Country Mom August 27, 2015

For GERD "My husband has been dealing with severe reflux issues for the past four years due to a low-functioning esophageal sphincter. The acid is free to move about the esophagus when aggravated, most often after eating or sleeping, resulting in severe discomfort upon waking in the morning (bile regurgitation, coughing, etc.). He suffered from an ulcer a couple years ago due to overactive acid production and we thought we got that taken care of only for the symptoms to return tenfold. He has been put on every acid blocker you can imagine, none of which worked. We were certain he was going to need an operation until Dexilant was prescribed. It has totally transformed his stomach and his life."

MHU July 22, 2015

For GERD "Suffered from heartburn for a couple decades. Used to treat with regular doses of tums, Prilosec, and every other over the counter acid inhibitor. Nothing worked for more than a day or so. I have been taking dexilant for 18 months now and have yet to have a single instance of heartburn. It's a fantastic remedy for those regular heartburn sufferers."

K2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

For GERD "Dexalant cured my GERD, I had never felt better, then my lower back started killing me and got worst. I stopped the Dexalant and it got some better but still hurts. Anyone else experience this?"

vickifb June 23, 2015

For GERD "I have severe gerd and erosive esphogus. This is the best medicine I've had. But there's no generic and I can't afford the $170 a month. And that's with the company coupon. It's a shame such a great medicine is so expensive and insurance won't cover it."

Animallover21984 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

For GERD "I am using Dexelant over 5 years and I keep taking every day it's help me a lot I was very bad to much heartburn so sick of it but thanks to Dexelant for helping me so much"

Berbatovci (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2015