User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Dexilant review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Barrett's Esophagus.

Reviews for Dexilant to treat Barrett's Esophagus

Review by janet50peru:

I had a Barret procedure and started taking Dexilant. It work miracles for my acid reflux. I could eat anything and feel perfect but started getting lots of headaches (day and night), ear discomfort with pressure and noise, my blood pressure jumped to the sky and a feeling of tiredness all day). I stop the medication abruptly and now I feel like something is stuck in my throat but otherwise feeling so much better. Doctor is going to put me in something else... so sad Dexilant didn't work for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2014 2:44 PM
Review by hsmith64115 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I suffered from GERD for over 4 years and have tried everything. I was eating Tums like candy and taking Prilosec. Then I started with the acid reflux in my sleep and woke up gagging and vomiting. I had a scope 2 months ago and was told I have high-grade dysplasia Barrett's. Doctor put me on 60 mg Dexilant daily. Within 2 days I was in heaven! Works wonders but now I have diarrhea that is constant. It started a few days after I started to take it. Other than that, it works wonders. I can actually sleep in my bed instead of the recliner.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2014 11:04 PM
Review by Leeza14 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I've been taking this for four years, and it barely takes the edge off for me. I wish there was something else, but this is pretty much it after all the others stopped working, too.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2014 7:32 PM
Review by I have Barretts and GERD.: User Rating:

A year ago I was given Dexilant on a trial basis after being diagnosed with Barretts. I immediately had relief for GERD. My only issue now is that I have had some chest pains that could mimic a heart attack. I actually went to the ER a month ago to get checked out. My EKG and heart was normal . Now last night I experienced the same situation where the chest pain would come for about 5 seconds and subside for 10 minutes or so. Very disconcerting. I am sleeping better at night and feel much less nausea than before Dexilant.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2013 11:00 AM
Review by S Anne K (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Marvelous results for treating my Barrett's esophagus. Too expensive with my prescription plan. Hoping Nexium will help me maintain.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 3:49 PM
Review by MEliz: User Rating:

I take it first thing in the morning with a full glass of water. Seems to help throughout the day.

May 28, 2013 1:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

After years of suffering with GERD, I developed Barrett's esophagus. Tums, Nexium, Prilosec - nothing worked for me. Since I began taking Dexilant, I have had zero heartburn and zero reflux. Best of all, my recent endoscopy shows incredible healing of the damage to my esophagus. Dexilant has proven to be a miracle for me.

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2012 12:13 PM