User Reviews for Dexilant

Learn more about Dexilant.

Dexilant review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Barrett's Esophagus.

Reviews for Dexilant to treat Barrett's Esophagus

Review by Barret's esophagus is gone!:

I had mild Barrett's esophagus and was on Dexilant 60mg for 1 month. Due to loss of health coverage and was not able to buy insurance due to pre-existing condition, I was off Dexilant for over a year. After Obama care went in effect, I am able to purchase my health insurance again. My doctor presscribed Dexilant 30 mg twice a day for 6 months. In my recent upper endoscopy, 1 1/2 months after taking it, showed that my esophagus lining is normal. What a relief! Highly recommended!

May 19, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by janet50peru:

I had a Barret procedure and started taking Dexilant. It work miracles for my acid reflux. I could eat anything and feel perfect but started getting lots of headaches (day and night), ear discomfort with pressure and noise, my blood pressure jumped to the sky and a feeling of tiredness all day). I stop the medication abruptly and now I feel like something is stuck in my throat but otherwise feeling so much better. Doctor is going to put me in something else... so sad Dexilant didn't work for me.

March 15, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by hsmith64115 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I suffered from GERD for over 4 years and have tried everything. I was eating Tums like candy and taking Prilosec. Then I started with the acid reflux in my sleep and woke up gagging and vomiting. I had a scope 2 months ago and was told I have high-grade dysplasia Barrett's. Doctor put me on 60 mg Dexilant daily. Within 2 days I was in heaven! Works wonders but now I have diarrhea that is constant. It started a few days after I started to take it. Other than that, it works wonders. I can actually sleep in my bed instead of the recliner.

February 28, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Leeza14 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've been taking this for four years, and it barely takes the edge off for me. I wish there was something else, but this is pretty much it after all the others stopped working, too.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by I have Barretts and GERD.:

A year ago I was given Dexilant on a trial basis after being diagnosed with Barretts. I immediately had relief for GERD. My only issue now is that I have had some chest pains that could mimic a heart attack. I actually went to the ER a month ago to get checked out. My EKG and heart was normal . Now last night I experienced the same situation where the chest pain would come for about 5 seconds and subside for 10 minutes or so. Very disconcerting. I am sleeping better at night and feel much less nausea than before Dexilant.

November 16, 2013 11:00 AM

Review by S Anne K (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Marvelous results for treating my Barrett's esophagus. Too expensive with my prescription plan. Hoping Nexium will help me maintain.

November 10, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by MEliz:

I take it first thing in the morning with a full glass of water. Seems to help throughout the day.

May 28, 2013 1:50 PM

After years of suffering with GERD, I developed Barrett's esophagus. Tums, Nexium, Prilosec - nothing worked for me. Since I began taking Dexilant, I have had zero heartburn and zero reflux. Best of all, my recent endoscopy shows incredible healing of the damage to my esophagus. Dexilant has proven to be a miracle for me.

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2012 12:13 PM