User Reviews for Drixoral

Learn more about Drixoral.

Cold Symptoms 6 reviews 842 medications

9.9
Summary of Drixoral reviews 39 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Drixoral

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Nasal Congestion: I had sinus congestion often while growing up. This continued even as an adult. In the late 80's I tried Drixoral. My sinus congestion was cleared for at least 6 months and rarely needed Drixoral only once or twice a year when I got sick. I considered it a cure. I found out a couple years ago about them discontinuing it as I haven't needed it for a couple years. I do believe it was a cure (for me at least).

July 10, 2012 5:34 PM

For Sinus Symptoms: Works excellent for my nasal drip and stuffy nose. I am not sure yet if it helps with my headaches as I have not been on it that long.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2011 3:19 PM

Review by pudzzy:

Like others here I have been using Drixoral for years. I am now finding it harder to find in drugstores. I live in Canada and have never seen it in USA when I go for visits . PLEASE the people who own this company. NEVER STOP SELLING IT. I have been using it for as long as I can remember it been available and have told others about this product. They all agree it works fast and IT WORKS.

February 3, 2011 7:07 PM

For Sinus Symptoms: Only allergy pill that worked for me! Tried other medication, but they do not work as well. Very disappointed that it is no longer available.

May 10, 2010 1:40 AM

For Cold Symptoms: My boyfriend got me on Drixoral. It's the only thing that works with my family when the cold season comes around! My whole family loves it! Why did they discontinue it and I'm praying that the company that makes it will definitley bring it back!

September 9, 2009 9:55 PM

For Sinus Symptoms: I am miserable without Drixoral. Like the other reviewers here, I have found it to be the only formulation that gives me relief from my sinus symptoms. I've been a loyal user for years. And I'm annoyed that the antihistamine that makes this drug unique isn't available in any other formulation. I'm frustrated and CONGESTED!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2009 8:26 PM

For Sinus Symptoms: Works really well.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2009 5:13 PM

For Hay Fever: Drixoral really worked for me and now I can't buy it anymore. This is what happened to the 12-hour Contact time release capsules which also worked great and now can't be purchased.

March 25, 2009 10:54 PM

Review by babywhisper:

For Sinus Symptoms: Schering-Plough is moving their facility that makes Drixoral and it will be back on the shelves late in 2009. Go to their website for more information. This is great news!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2009 8:17 PM

Review by C.J.:

For Cold Symptoms: I have used Drixoral for years, My OBGYN first told me about it, when I had a severe cold when I was actually pregnant. It is the only cold medicine that ever worked for me. I felt better in 2 days. It's long lasting, unlike the other OTC cold medicines, that you have to take every 4 hours. I absoluty love Drixoral. I can breath freely and that's half of the cold symtoms that I find intolerable. I don't understand why, when there is a product that really works, you can't buy it anywhere around here.

February 18, 2009 8:35 AM

Review by dirtywhiteboy:

For Hay Fever: This needs to be back on the store shelves at once. It is much more effective for allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion than any other product on the market.

February 15, 2009 8:27 PM

For Cold Symptoms: My first cold in a while and very disappointed to find Drixoral has been "discontinued." Please bring it back. It's the only thing that works without putting me to sleep.

January 5, 2009 10:02 AM

Review by drspaceman:

For Sinus Symptoms: I have also used Drixoral for years and it is the only product that has given me any relief from sinus and allergy symptoms. I could not believe it when it was taken off the market either. Not because it was ineffective or dangerous but because speed freaks were stealing it to make methamphetamine. I have ordered Drixoral from Canada at a much higher price. I get some comfort in knowing in that I am not alone in my desire that Drixoral be brought back on the market.

December 5, 2008 3:59 PM

Review by The Best I have ever found.:

For Hay Fever: I have yet to find anything that helps me like Drixoral.

November 21, 2008 9:38 AM

For Cold Symptoms: Please bring Drixoral back. It is the ONLY thing that works for me and my husband. NONE of the new drugs work at all for us. Please start making Drixoral again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2008 5:21 PM

For Hay Fever: Drixoral is the only medication that allows me relief from my allergies

October 4, 2008 12:44 AM

For Sinus Symptoms: The only medication that works for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2008 12:15 AM

Review by pat burnett:

For Nasal Congestion: I have used this drug since the 1960s. It is the best thing on the market for allergies or the beginning of a cold.

September 28, 2008 3:53 PM

Review by bozette:

For Cold Symptoms: My husband has taken this medication and it is the only thing that works for him. We can not find anything else that works, over the counter.

September 15, 2008 11:33 AM

Review by Gilligan:

For Hay Fever: I have also used drixoral since it was available only by prescription. Bring it back please! I have been lucky enough to find local stores that still have a supply of Drixoral.

August 28, 2008 1:23 PM

For Cold Symptoms: I'm with everyone else -- I've used Drixoral since 1985. Nothing else has worked. I don't know what I will do without it. Please bring it back!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2008 11:27 PM

For Sinus Symptoms: Like everyone else who has commented here, I have been using Drixoral for years for my terrible sinus headaches and it is the only thing that has helped me. I have tried most other prescription and non prescription medications and never had any relief. Now I can't get any sleep and am constantly in pain. What are they doing in discontinuing it? I am going to try to order it through Canada, although if they aren't making it any more that supply will probably not last long either. I am really angry that they have done this without so much as a reason.

August 16, 2008 5:55 PM

Review by headache kid:

For Nasal Congestion: I have been looking for Drixoral for the last month and cannot find it anywhere. I usually purchase it at Sam's Club and thought that they discontinued carrying it. Reading the other posters, I now understand that it is no longer being made. I've used Drixoral for the last 20 years to relieve sinus headaches and without Drixoral, I am again experiencing these headaches. No other product I've used has worked.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2008 2:15 PM

Review by beayates67:

For Nasal Congestion: I have experienced severe sinus nasal congestion and the resulting headaches for over 10 years. I have basically tried everything out there, and Drixoral is the only medication that works for me. I too agree-- please put Drixoral back on the market!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2008 8:38 PM

For Hay Fever: This is the only allergy medicine that has ever worked for me. I've been using it since it was a prescription only capsule and I'm honestly suffering without it. Please put back on market.

July 23, 2008 8:31 AM