User Reviews for Drixoral

Learn more about Drixoral.

Cold Symptoms 7 reviews 1047 medications

Sinus Symptoms 8 reviews 331 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 16 reviews 871 medications

9.9
Nasal Congestion 11 reviews 589 medications

9.9
Summary of Drixoral reviews 42 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Drixoral

For Cold Symptoms "I was out of options. Blowing my nose every five minutes and not being able to breathe. I tried saline spray but 2 minutes after it was to do all over again. I went to the pharmacy and asked what could I do because I was tired of not sleeping and not breathing and I was loosing my patience when it came to eating because I got so irritated of losing my breath. She said use drixoral and instantly!! It worked! I highly recommend it"

Sabby-doo (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Best medicine I ever use for my allergies but I can't find it here on the market"

Hartwell7 March 20, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "ABSOLUTE WORST DRUG!!! Never use this drug it is extremely addictive! I was addicted to it for two years. Having to use it every 2-3 hours! I was misdiagnosed with allergies because it this drug! This drug tricked my immune system into thinking I had allergies! It also damaged the inside of my nose and nasal cavity! This is not a drug that should ever be sold over the counter! I don't even think it should be sold at all and if it does it should only be available my doctor prescription! This is an awful drug! I am off the drug 6 weeks thanks to the help of a absolutely fantastic allergist! I haven't been tested twice for allergies and both tests have come back negative proving that this drug is the reason for causing the problems!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I had sinus congestion often while growing up. This continued even as an adult. In the late 80's I tried Drixoral. My sinus congestion was cleared for at least 6 months and rarely needed Drixoral only once or twice a year when I got sick. I considered it a cure. I found out a couple years ago about them discontinuing it as I haven't needed it for a couple years. I do believe it was a cure (for me at least). "

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2012

For Sinus Symptoms "Works excellent for my nasal drip and stuffy nose. I am not sure yet if it helps with my headaches as I have not been on it that long."

Anonymous October 10, 2011

"Like others here I have been using Drixoral for years. I am now finding it harder to find in drugstores. I live in Canada and have never seen it in USA when I go for visits . PLEASE the people who own this company. NEVER STOP SELLING IT. I have been using it for as long as I can remember it been available and have told others about this product. They all agree it works fast and IT WORKS."

pudzzy February 3, 2011

For Sinus Symptoms "Only allergy pill that worked for me! Tried other medication, but they do not work as well. Very disappointed that it is no longer available."

Anonymous May 10, 2010

For Cold Symptoms "My boyfriend got me on Drixoral. It's the only thing that works with my family when the cold season comes around! My whole family loves it! Why did they discontinue it and I'm praying that the company that makes it will definitley bring it back!"

Anonymous September 9, 2009

For Sinus Symptoms "I am miserable without Drixoral. Like the other reviewers here, I have found it to be the only formulation that gives me relief from my sinus symptoms. I've been a loyal user for years. And I'm annoyed that the antihistamine that makes this drug unique isn't available in any other formulation. I'm frustrated and CONGESTED!"

Anonymous June 20, 2009

For Sinus Symptoms "Works really well."

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "Drixoral really worked for me and now I can't buy it anymore. This is what happened to the 12-hour Contact time release capsules which also worked great and now can't be purchased."

Anonymous March 25, 2009

For Sinus Symptoms "Schering-Plough is moving their facility that makes Drixoral and it will be back on the shelves late in 2009. Go to their website for more information. This is great news!"

babywhisper March 12, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "I have used Drixoral for years, My OBGYN first told me about it, when I had a severe cold when I was actually pregnant. It is the only cold medicine that ever worked for me. I felt better in 2 days. It's long lasting, unlike the other OTC cold medicines, that you have to take every 4 hours. I absoluty love Drixoral. I can breath freely and that's half of the cold symtoms that I find intolerable. I don't understand why, when there is a product that really works, you can't buy it anywhere around here."

C.J. February 18, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "This needs to be back on the store shelves at once. It is much more effective for allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion than any other product on the market."

dirtywhiteboy February 15, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "My first cold in a while and very disappointed to find Drixoral has been "discontinued." Please bring it back. It's the only thing that works without putting me to sleep."

Anonymous January 5, 2009

For Sinus Symptoms "I have also used Drixoral for years and it is the only product that has given me any relief from sinus and allergy symptoms. I could not believe it when it was taken off the market either. Not because it was ineffective or dangerous but because speed freaks were stealing it to make methamphetamine. I have ordered Drixoral from Canada at a much higher price. I get some comfort in knowing in that I am not alone in my desire that Drixoral be brought back on the market."

drspaceman December 5, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have yet to find anything that helps me like Drixoral."

The Best I have ever found. November 21, 2008

For Cold Symptoms "Please bring Drixoral back. It is the ONLY thing that works for me and my husband. NONE of the new drugs work at all for us. Please start making Drixoral again."

Anonymous November 5, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis "Drixoral is the only medication that allows me relief from my allergies"

Anonymous October 4, 2008

For Sinus Symptoms "The only medication that works for me."

Anonymous October 2, 2008

For Nasal Congestion "I have used this drug since the 1960s. It is the best thing on the market for allergies or the beginning of a cold."

pat burnett September 28, 2008

For Cold Symptoms "My husband has taken this medication and it is the only thing that works for him. We can not find anything else that works, over the counter. "

bozette September 15, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have also used drixoral since it was available only by prescription. Bring it back please! I have been lucky enough to find local stores that still have a supply of Drixoral."

Gilligan August 28, 2008

For Cold Symptoms "I'm with everyone else -- I've used Drixoral since 1985. Nothing else has worked. I don't know what I will do without it. Please bring it back!"

Anonymous August 19, 2008

For Sinus Symptoms "Like everyone else who has commented here, I have been using Drixoral for years for my terrible sinus headaches and it is the only thing that has helped me. I have tried most other prescription and non prescription medications and never had any relief. Now I can't get any sleep and am constantly in pain. What are they doing in discontinuing it? I am going to try to order it through Canada, although if they aren't making it any more that supply will probably not last long either. I am really angry that they have done this without so much as a reason."

Anonymous August 16, 2008