User Reviews for Drixoral

Learn more about Drixoral.

Drixoral review summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 326 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Drixoral to treat Nasal Congestion

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I had sinus congestion often while growing up. This continued even as an adult. In the late 80's I tried Drixoral. My sinus congestion was cleared for at least 6 months and rarely needed Drixoral only once or twice a year when I got sick. I considered it a cure. I found out a couple years ago about them discontinuing it as I haven't needed it for a couple years. I do believe it was a cure (for me at least).

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2012 5:34 PM

Review by pat burnett:

I have used this drug since the 1960s. It is the best thing on the market for allergies or the beginning of a cold.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2008 3:53 PM

Review by headache kid:

I have been looking for Drixoral for the last month and cannot find it anywhere. I usually purchase it at Sam's Club and thought that they discontinued carrying it. Reading the other posters, I now understand that it is no longer being made. I've used Drixoral for the last 20 years to relieve sinus headaches and without Drixoral, I am again experiencing these headaches. No other product I've used has worked.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2008 2:15 PM

Review by beayates67:

I have experienced severe sinus nasal congestion and the resulting headaches for over 10 years. I have basically tried everything out there, and Drixoral is the only medication that works for me. I too agree-- please put Drixoral back on the market!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2008 8:38 PM

Review by Southern Belle:

I am suffering greatly since Drixoral is no longer available. I have used it since it became available without prescription. It is the only thing that worked for me and my allergies. I am so miserable now it is not good. Nothing else comes close to doing what Drixoral did for me. Can't believe it is not being made any more.

July 15, 2008 6:32 PM

This is the best allergy medicine ever, so why in the world was it discontinued? Nothing works better for sneezing, congestion and sinus drainage associated with allergies. Please bring it back.

July 10, 2008 3:28 AM

I have been using Drixoral since it was prescription only, it works. What do we do now?

July 3, 2008 8:38 PM

This was the only allergy medicine that worked. I used Drixoral for years with no side effects. I've heard (from pharmacists) that the manufacturer is changing the formula. Probably won't work as well.

June 27, 2008 11:28 AM

Review by Dancerdi:

I have used Drixoral for years. It is the only thing that helps me with my head congestion and my asthma. It helps me to breath better. I notice that I do not have to use my albuterol when I use it. I noticed since I don't have drixoral my breathing is not good when it is humid or when something else can trigger my asthma. I hope they bring the product back otherwise I am going to suffer.

June 24, 2008 4:31 AM

This is the best stuff. I find by accident, because I was using a Benadryl product and they discontinued that. Now this has been discontinued! Once again, something effective is no longer available.

June 16, 2008 9:19 PM