Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Desonide

Also known as: Delonide, Desonate, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit, DesOwen Ointment Kit, LoKara, Tridesilon, Verdeso

Learn more about Desonide.

Desonide review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 139 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Desonide to treat Eczema

Review by milamommy (taken for less than 1 month):

Top dermatologist prescribed this. Costs $120 for the tube. My 3.5 yr old daughter's skin was raw and inflamed on creases and on front and back of neck. One day (2x per day) of pea drop application on each spot and it was immediate. Less than 3 days and gone, skin perfect. so happy and relieved.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 11:43 PM

Review by Jolie_u (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Worked really well!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema.

December 24, 2013 10:04 PM

Review by brighet (taken for less than 1 month):

Verdeso (desonide): Wonderful but expensive.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2012 10:21 PM

Review by Meee:

DesOwen (desonide): This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2011 4:20 AM

Review by ECZ0991:

I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far.

July 4, 2010 8:08 PM

DesOwen (desonide): Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me.

May 17, 2010 2:32 PM

DesOwen (desonide): This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999.

March 10, 2010 4:47 PM

Works well on my face because it's not to strong. And because it is a little milder it takes a while to kick in. I have to use it everyday for best results.

December 9, 2009 12:41 AM

DesOwen (desonide): This product works in a few days, is not visible on the skin and I found no side effects. I used it twice a day and the skin was clear in 3 days. I stopped using it then and was free of symptoms for several months. Once it started re-appearing I repeated the 3 day treatment. It comes in a 40 gram tube and lasts a long time. This was for facial treatment around the nose and above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead.

November 14, 2009 7:58 AM

This is my lifesaver. I've had the worst eczema I have ever seen, so bad that I missed many days of school from the pain and embarrassment. Tried other prescribed eczema products that only irritated until I found this. This was the only product that didn't irritate my eyes and instead helped by getting rid of all the dryness, scaliness, burning, inflammation in a matter of weeks.

November 1, 2009 8:43 AM

Verdeso (desonide): This foam worked miracles on my daughter when she had a severe case at 2 years old. It was cleared within a week.

January 30, 2009 11:32 AM

Review by manly man:

Really good. It really keeps the eczema under control.

April 9, 2008 3:14 PM

Works great if used several days in a row on the affected area, a couple times per day should suffice, just keep the area moisturized.

March 20, 2008 3:05 AM