User Reviews for Desonide

Also known as: Delonide, Desonate, DesOwen, LoKara, Tridesilon, Verdeso

Learn more about Desonide.

Dermatitis 6 reviews 342 medications

8.6
Summary of Desonide reviews 23 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Desonide

Review by Jolie_u (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Eczema: Worked really well!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by VA Mom:

For Psoriasis: Instructed by my dermatologist to use 2 x per day for up to two weeks. Worked beautifully until I discontinued using it. Not sure if that was her intention, to determine whether I needed a stronger dose or oral medicines for this problem. I am very happy with the results, as long as I can continue using it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Nikkice:

For Psoriasis: Amazing. Worked over night to moisturize my psoriasis on my knee!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2014 4:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Eczema: Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema.

December 24, 2013 10:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dermatitis: Worked well only had to use for a week.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 9:28 AM

Review by brighet (taken for less than 1 month):

Verdeso (desonide) for Eczema: Wonderful but expensive.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2012 10:21 PM

Review by Dean K:

For Dermatitis: A very good cream. I was initially prescribed a corticosteroid for seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scrotum and ouch, which gave a horrible burning and itching sensation like never before in my life. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me desonide. It didn't burn and results were almost overnight. It really is incredible. I struggled with dermatitis on the front part of my scalp, and he gave me a horrible smelling oil that I had to put on each night for two weeks, I got rid of it somewhat but never fully, a year and a half later and I'm fed up with putting that stuff on, so I just went ahead and put desonide on it, it works way better better than that oil! Desonide is simply awesome!

December 20, 2011 2:42 PM

For Atopic Dermatitis: Great for atopic dermatitis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2011 2:45 PM

Review by Meee:

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product.

January 27, 2011 4:20 AM

Review by ECZ0991:

For Eczema: I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far.

July 4, 2010 8:08 PM

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me.

May 17, 2010 2:32 PM

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999.

March 10, 2010 4:47 PM

For Eczema: Works well on my face because it's not to strong. And because it is a little milder it takes a while to kick in. I have to use it everyday for best results.

December 9, 2009 12:41 AM

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: This product works in a few days, is not visible on the skin and I found no side effects. I used it twice a day and the skin was clear in 3 days. I stopped using it then and was free of symptoms for several months. Once it started re-appearing I repeated the 3 day treatment. It comes in a 40 gram tube and lasts a long time. This was for facial treatment around the nose and above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead.

November 14, 2009 7:58 AM

For Eczema: This is my lifesaver. I've had the worst eczema I have ever seen, so bad that I missed many days of school from the pain and embarrassment. Tried other prescribed eczema products that only irritated until I found this. This was the only product that didn't irritate my eyes and instead helped by getting rid of all the dryness, scaliness, burning, inflammation in a matter of weeks.

November 1, 2009 8:43 AM

Review by R.S.:

For Dermatitis: Smooths skin, stops scaling and redness. No side effects.

June 15, 2009 7:19 AM

Verdeso (desonide) for Eczema: This foam worked miracles on my daughter when she had a severe case at 2 years old. It was cleared within a week.

January 30, 2009 11:32 AM

DesOwen (desonide) for Psoriasis: Works extremely well on the face. If you have a flare up it takes 2 days to disappear. That's the only reason I give it an 8 instead of a 10.

January 14, 2009 8:58 PM

Review by Eliwood:

Verdeso (desonide) for Dermatitis: I have been using Verdeso in conjunction with another foam spray on my forehead, chin and cheeks. It made a huge impact on a red rush I had between my eye and my nose. It is almost gone by now, and I started the treatment less than two weeks ago. I would say that within a week or less one could see a major improvement in the way the skin looks. I use something else for the hands (a form of eczema) and its also amazing.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2008 12:50 AM

For Dermatitis: I have tried other methods for a year without much relief from dermitis on my face, specifically by my eyebrows and ears. Two weeks into using desonide cream and I have not had any itching, flaking or redness at all. Wow!

April 29, 2008 12:19 PM

Review by manly man:

For Eczema: Really good. It really keeps the eczema under control.

April 9, 2008 3:14 PM

For Eczema: Works great if used several days in a row on the affected area, a couple times per day should suffice, just keep the area moisturized.

March 20, 2008 3:05 AM

Review by Croppled1:

For Dermatitis: I had a infection in the folds of my skin and was put on a drug . Doctor kept me on it as I said I am in pain its getting worse . It was the cream he gave me eating my skin I suffered so until I got a second opinion . He has put me on this for the inflation and thin skin . I feel much better so far I give this a thumbs up . Wish it was cheaper though .

February 27, 2008 11:47 PM