User Reviews for Prolia

Learn more about Prolia.

Prolia Review Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.

Reviews for Prolia to treat Osteoporosis

"I , too, had the constant itching and felt like something was crawling on me. I used Gold Bond extreme moisture lotion which helped somewhat. I gained 15 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks, shortness of breath on exertion, and confusion. This was only my first injection and I am due for a second in 2 months but not sure I want to go this route again. This is a monoclonal antibody not a drug and it affects the body differently than a drug. There is no antidote for this if you have a reaction, so you are stuck with the problems for quite some time."

Aussiemom May 27, 2015

"I just got my 3rd shoot. I feel miserable. back, arm, legs pain, headaches, gain weight, along with others side effects I WILL STOP this prolia treatment"

depremida May 17, 2015

"Just had my second shot last month. No side effects at all."

Suelamaur November 4, 2014

"I have been on Prolia for 2 years. I am so happy. Before Prolia, for a couple of the years I had been on Forteo, and I was tired to shot myself into the stomach every day. Again comparing to Forteo, I have much better results with Prolia. What is the most important for me :) Yes, I have some bones pain (legs, back) especially for the first 2 months but, when I see my last Bone Density results, I can bear the pain :)) Thanks Prolia! God is great!!"

Krysa (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2014

"Received the first shot the end of June, within a week I started with a rash on my neck, red swollen and itched day and night. Second week started with red blotches on either side on my mouth, blistered and peeled and was painful and itchy. It is now over 2 months later and the redness is fading but the itching still is awful, wakes me up at night with the itching. I have tried everything with no relief. I will not be taking another shot."

LizzyWizzy September 3, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"The side effects of the medicine made me to opt out of taking the 2nd injection. Severe bone pain in the legs, back and hip along with a bladder infection causing me to be on antibiotics for months left me feeling very poorly. I also experienced change in bowel habits as well as loss of appetite. Twenty eight pounds were lost very quickly."

Grammytimes 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2013

270 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I can't tolerate orals. I like the convenience of twice a year with no side effects. My BMDs scores increased drastically."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2012

244 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Prolia for just over 1 year. Just had my 3rd shot. It is so much easier than taking pills which I did have problems with. I will get another bone scan this fall and will find out how I am doing on Prolia. I love that it is just every 6 months. Pretty much painless shot. No side effects at all."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

323 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Osteoporosis