User Reviews for Prolia

Learn more about Prolia.

Osteoporosis 15 reviews 142 medications

Summary of Prolia reviews 15 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Prolia

For Osteoporosis "Severe leg pain , cramping in legs and feet, bruising. Not a good med for me."

Puf February 3, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I had my second shot last April and have had problems ever since. I now have TMJ jaw bone pain. Cannot eat without pain and crunch sounds. Have to use a hot water bottle on my jaw area.I have had severe bladder pain and severe acid reflux 2 weeks after getting the shot. I also have hip and bone pain. Itching has been horrible. I don't want this shot any longer. I will take my chances. I have osteoporosis but so did my mother and she never took this stuff and she did fine."

fuckit January 15, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I had 2 shots (1 every 6 months) for 2 years, then skipped 6 months. I plan to begin again next March for bone preservation. I want to avoid fracture risks. I had no bad side effects."

Scoliosis Granny (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I had shot 3 months ago and have pain in leg, shoulder, toes and fingers. I have flu like symptoms off and on. This is a horrible drug and I will not be taking it again."

Anonymous November 14, 2015

For Osteoporosis "Prolia has the worst side effects of any medication on the market because it tampers with the immune system. I have had to call Amgen and the FDA numerous times for very serious side effects. This drug should be taken off of the market until Medical Doctors learn how to combat it. Once it's in, there is nothing they can do. In all reality, it is a chemo drug as it's twin Xgeva just has more of the active ingredient in it."

Pood October 28, 2015

For Osteoporosis "HORRIBLE side effects! Loose tooth, needed extraction. Dentist found a healthy root, no problem with tooth. Lumps formed in several places. Rashes, shortness of breath. Hoarseness, headaches, joint pain...many more complaints."

angry in n.m. August 25, 2015

For Osteoporosis "So far I have had two shots and am due for my third one next week. I have not had any side effects at all. In fact, strangely, before my first shot I would have constant dull aching and soreness/pain in my hips and pelvic area. Within a month of my first shot that was gone. It returned a month before my second shot and again left once that shot got into my system. Again, this last month the pain has returned and I am due for the shot next week so I hope the pain goes away again. I know that Prolia isn't meant to help with pain, but it seems to be doing something there for me. I am not due for a DEXA until 2016 so I don't yet know how effective it is for my bones yet."

Robinwomb (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I , too, had the constant itching and felt like something was crawling on me. I used Gold Bond extreme moisture lotion which helped somewhat. I gained 15 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks, shortness of breath on exertion, and confusion. This was only my first injection and I am due for a second in 2 months but not sure I want to go this route again. This is a monoclonal antibody not a drug and it affects the body differently than a drug. There is no antidote for this if you have a reaction, so you are stuck with the problems for quite some time."

Aussiemom May 27, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I just got my 3rd shoot. I feel miserable. back, arm, legs pain, headaches, gain weight, along with others side effects I WILL STOP this prolia treatment"

depremida May 17, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Just had my second shot last month. No side effects at all."

Suelamaur November 4, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I have been on Prolia for 2 years. I am so happy. Before Prolia, for a couple of the years I had been on Forteo, and I was tired to shot myself into the stomach every day. Again comparing to Forteo, I have much better results with Prolia. What is the most important for me :) Yes, I have some bones pain (legs, back) especially for the first 2 months but, when I see my last Bone Density results, I can bear the pain :)) Thanks Prolia! God is great!!"

Krysa (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Received the first shot the end of June, within a week I started with a rash on my neck, red swollen and itched day and night. Second week started with red blotches on either side on my mouth, blistered and peeled and was painful and itchy. It is now over 2 months later and the redness is fading but the itching still is awful, wakes me up at night with the itching. I have tried everything with no relief. I will not be taking another shot."

LizzyWizzy September 3, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "The side effects of the medicine made me to opt out of taking the 2nd injection. Severe bone pain in the legs, back and hip along with a bladder infection causing me to be on antibiotics for months left me feeling very poorly. I also experienced change in bowel habits as well as loss of appetite. Twenty eight pounds were lost very quickly."

Grammytimes 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2013

342 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I can't tolerate orals. I like the convenience of twice a year with no side effects. My BMDs scores increased drastically."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2012

285 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I've been on Prolia for just over 1 year. Just had my 3rd shot. It is so much easier than taking pills which I did have problems with. I will get another bone scan this fall and will find out how I am doing on Prolia. I love that it is just every 6 months. Pretty much painless shot. No side effects at all."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

382 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate