Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Sprycel

Learn more about Sprycel.

Leukemia 1 reviews 62 medications

Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia 5 reviews 21 medications

8.8
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprycel reviews 6 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Sprycel

Review by sneakingaround (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: Was diagined in November of 2008 with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. I opted to be involved in the Dasatinib trial. I was in remission in less that 2 months. Everything was great, few side effects, until July of 2012 when I started coughing. I was told to stop taking Dasatinib as it had caused water in my lungs, after a 7 week stop, I was put back onto Dasatinib at 1/2 my initail dose 50mg per day. Again all seemed well. In August of 2013 I could not catch my breath but had no cough. It was so bad we went to Emergency at the hospital. There I found out fluid in my lungs again. I am off Dasatinib and am no longer able to take it as my body rejected it. I won't know what medicine I will be going on until the fluid is all out of my lungs. My oncologist says 12 weeks.

August 23, 2013 6:47 PM

Review by Tony H (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: I was on Gleevec for nearly 3 years and had issues with leg pain and no remission. Switched to Sprycel in October 2011 and could see a big improvement. Developed fluid on the lung in December 2012. Dr. took me off Sprycel and fluid situation is getting better. Waiting to see next steps.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2013 8:48 AM

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: I have been on Sprycel for 9 month. Previously on Gleevec for 2 years. I find Sprycel in the beginning to be wonderful, no side effects. Now 9 months since I have started, I am experiencing mild to mid level nausea as well as conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome.

July 25, 2011 1:55 PM

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: Was on Gleevec for two years and BCR-ABL would not come down below 20%. Months after starting Sprycel BCR-ABL undetectable. I have been on Sprycel for 7 months now and so far great. Blood counts all look good.

June 27, 2011 2:25 PM

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: I am in a study using Sprycel as INITIAL treatment for chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). When first diagnosed with CML, my white blood cell (wbc) count was 19,000. I started taking Sprycel 50mg twice a day. On my 3 month follow-up, my wbc was 5,000 and my BCR-ABL was 0.001 (Almost complete remission). Have been there for the past year with very little side effects. Just occasional headache and mild skin outbreaks. I would highly recommend it to anyone with CML.

February 17, 2009 10:53 PM

For Leukemia: For 9 months I was taking Gleevac for ALL (Acute Lymphoblasic Leukemia) and it was causing me to have at least one blood transfusion a week. I started taking Sprycel and a year later I have not had to have one blood transfusion.

October 23, 2008 8:48 AM