User Reviews for Dasatinib

Also known as: Sprycel

Learn more about Dasatinib.

Leukemia 1 reviews 47 medications

Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia 7 reviews 20 medications

8.6
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Dasatinib reviews 8 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Dasatinib

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "I was diagnosed in May 2014 and started taking Sprycel within the week. After 6 months I was at .01% of the BCR-ABL abnormality. Great results, right? But I felt awful. After dealing with minor side effects of acne, sore breasts, weight gain and a low mood, the severe fatigue and chest pain were enough to stop. I'm now on Gleevec and starting to experience extreme thirst and weight gain. Very grateful there are medications that treat CML but frustrated with the inevitable side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2015

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "Was diagined in November of 2008 with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. I opted to be involved in the Dasatinib trial. I was in remission in less that 2 months. Everything was great, few side effects, until July of 2012 when I started coughing. I was told to stop taking Dasatinib as it had caused water in my lungs, after a 7 week stop, I was put back onto Dasatinib at 1/2 my initail dose 50mg per day. Again all seemed well. In August of 2013 I could not catch my breath but had no cough. It was so bad we went to Emergency at the hospital. There I found out fluid in my lungs again. I am off Dasatinib and am no longer able to take it as my body rejected it. I won't know what medicine I will be going on until the fluid is all out of my lungs. My oncologist says 12 weeks."

sneakingaround (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2013

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "I was on Gleevec for nearly 3 years and had issues with leg pain and no remission. Switched to Sprycel in October 2011 and could see a big improvement. Developed fluid on the lung in December 2012. Dr. took me off Sprycel and fluid situation is getting better. Waiting to see next steps."

Tony H (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2013

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "I was on Gleevec for 6 months for CML and the side effects were horrendously painful, so my oncologist switched me to Dasatinib (which I have been on now for 10 months). I give it a "9" rating because there is no doubt about its effectiveness in killing the leukemia cells, but I didn't give it a "10" because of the side effects I am experiencing (which is more than others from what I understand). I have frequent headaches, bone pain, nausea, muscle pain and aches, gastrointestinal problems, occasional dry eye syndrome, constipation, severe anal sphincter pain, vertigo, extreme loss of energy and light headedness / dizziness, abdominal pain, gastritis, musculoskeletal pain and perhaps others that I do not yet recognize."

Anonymous November 28, 2011

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "I have been on Sprycel for 9 month. Previously on Gleevec for 2 years. I find Sprycel in the beginning to be wonderful, no side effects. Now 9 months since I have started, I am experiencing mild to mid level nausea as well as conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "Was on Gleevec for two years and BCR-ABL would not come down below 20%. Months after starting Sprycel BCR-ABL undetectable. I have been on Sprycel for 7 months now and so far great. Blood counts all look good."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: "I am in a study using Sprycel as INITIAL treatment for chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). When first diagnosed with CML, my white blood cell (wbc) count was 19,000. I started taking Sprycel 50mg twice a day. On my 3 month follow-up, my wbc was 5,000 and my BCR-ABL was 0.001 (Almost complete remission). Have been there for the past year with very little side effects. Just occasional headache and mild skin outbreaks. I would highly recommend it to anyone with CML."

Anonymous February 17, 2009

For : "For 9 months I was taking Gleevac for ALL (Acute Lymphoblasic Leukemia) and it was causing me to have at least one blood transfusion a week. I started taking Sprycel and a year later I have not had to have one blood transfusion."

Anonymous October 23, 2008

Sprycel (dasatinib) for Leukemia: "For 9 months I was taking Gleevac for ALL (Acute Lymphoblasic Leukemia) and it was causing me to have at least one blood transfusion a week. I started taking Sprycel and a year later I have not had to have one blood transfusion."

Anonymous October 23, 2008