User Reviews for Probenecid and Colchicine

Learn more about Probenecid and Colchicine.

Gouty Arthritis 2 reviews 51 medications
Summary of Probenecid and Colchicine reviews 2 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Probenecid and Colchicine

For Gouty Arthritis "I have taken off/on for several years, no problem, but recently I took because I had Crab meat and than few days later a hamburger; I don't these very often because of gout. I took the medicine for the crab meat and awoke with severe itching in my hands and some swelling. When I had the hamburger I again took the medicine, this time not only did my hands itch and swell; my entire body did, including my tongue. Apparently I can never take this medicine again, just have to stay away from any of the foods on the no-no list."

shortymip October 4, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis "I have been taking Probenecid for 15 years, no side effects. I was cursed with severe gouty arthritis. When I had an attack it would render me incapable of walking. My ankles would swell to double their normal size and would become extremely painful. My doctor first cleared up all signs of gout (high uric acid level) then began administering probenecid, 3 x 500mg tablets per day (2 tablets in the morning & 1 in the evening). Since beginning with this medication I have not had any form of side effect and I have had no gouty arthritis attacks. That has certainly changed my life for the better."

msouleusa February 21, 2011

More about Probenecid and Colchicine (colchicine / probenecid)

Professional resources