User Reviews for Tranxene

Learn more about Tranxene.

Alcohol Withdrawal 1 reviews 19 medications

Anxiety 5 reviews 60 medications

8.8
Seizure Prevention 1 reviews 34 medications

Summary of Tranxene reviews 7 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Tranxene

Review by Holly25372537:

For Anxiety: I have been on this medicine over thirty yrs. Back then it was a "new trendy medicine" to help people with panic disorder. This has worked for me so I can live a normal life.. actually a MORE then Normal life! I had tried Xanax and many others with NO avail. This medicine has been extremely effective due to the long shelf life it works for me great! I was able to be a great mother, friend, and work my way up at work. I feel so many would benefit from this wonderful medicine as long as they take as Dr. orders it. Yes, over a time.. your body needs more of it. I have never experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I wish more Dr's were informed of this medicine truly being a "medicine"! Please docs, help your patients!

September 10, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I've taken this for years (3.75mg.) only as needed and it has always worked well and never given me that "high" feeling. It just brings me back to being myself.

June 28, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by LMK1910:

For Anxiety: I was on several different more common anxiety medicines and they would wear off to quickly. Tranxene seams to be more stable and consistent levels in my body. Very helpful.

January 2, 2014 4:53 AM

Review by Beverly Anne:

For Anxiety: Traxene is one of the older medicines. I like it much better than Klonopin. I am on the second dose of 7.5. I do not take it every day, only as needed. It has no side effects like the newer medicines. It relives anxiety in about one hour, not as fast as others, but longer acting. It even takes away my sadness, which is probably caused from anxiety. I hope they never remove this medicine from the market. It is a wonderful stabilizer. Hope this helps others who read this.

July 23, 2013 10:12 PM

For Alcohol Withdrawal: Kept me calm and less stressed and less irritable.

June 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Review by Daveguess:

For Anxiety: Worked well for my panic attacks, not as fast as Xanax but worked!

January 13, 2012 4:47 AM

Review by Rx2009:

For Seizure Prevention: Tranxene provided a tolerable transition from Valium dependency (for Grand Mal seizures) to less addictive options: Lamictal and clonazapam work for me at fairly low doses. Save the Valium for status epilepticus and such. Nothing works better, but the risks outweigh the benefits when you're talking everyday/lifetime seizure control.

October 27, 2009 2:28 AM