User Reviews for Chlor-Trimeton

Learn more about Chlor-Trimeton.

Hay Fever 5 reviews 894 medications

9.8
Allergic Reactions 5 reviews 191 medications

9.5
Urticaria 1 reviews 192 medications

Cold Symptoms 0 reviews 880 medications

Summary of Chlor-Trimeton reviews 11 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Chlor-Trimeton

For Allergic Reactions "I have been taking this for allergic sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy tongue and back if mouth, allergic post-nasal drip. Very effective. My grandmother told me about it forty five or fifty years ago. Don't take it if you have high blood pressure. This is an oldie but a goodie. I prefer the short acting yellow pills rather then the twelve hour pills."

Helpu February 16, 2015

For Hay Fever "Have used Chlor-Trimeton for many years, 4 mg twice a day, to control allergic reactions to pollen. After trying all other OTC antihistamines, Chlor-Trimeton does the job best, and it's a single-ingredient medicine (not a combination of unnecessary ingredients)."

Joãozinho December 7, 2014

For Hay Fever "I occasionally get severe sneezing attacks, cause unknown. They start as a feeling like something tickling my nose followed by a deep intake of breath and a powerful (mostly dry) sneeze. This then repeats about every 20 seconds for several minutes, when it stops, leaving me exhausted and with teary eyes and a runny nose. I found that swallowing a short-acting chlorpheniramine maleate tablet at the first sign, or in between sneezes, is effective at immediately stopping the attack, with no noticeable side effects. I have other chronic health conditions for which I take prescription medications; long term use of antihistamines for me is not recommended."

BTM1 February 13, 2012

For Allergic Reactions "The 4mg dosage works very well for seasonal allergic reactions."

Anonymous January 11, 2010

For Allergic Reactions "The most effective allergy medicine I've found to treat dog/cat/mold/dust allergies. It's too bad you can't find it any more! "

Anonymous December 8, 2009

For Allergic Reactions "I can't use Zyrtec or Claritin because they make my ADHD symptoms worse and counteract my Ritalin medication. This is the only antihistamine that works for me and does not make me drowsy (4 hour version). However, the 12 hour one has made me drowsy. "

Anonymous August 20, 2009

For Hay Fever "This is one of 2 antihistamines that works for me. This is the one that does not make me sleepy."

jonryan April 11, 2009

For Allergic Reactions "I have severe allergies and believe that Chlor-Trimeton has saved my life several times. I have had 10-12 life-threatening anaphylactic attacks over the last 20 years. My attacks usually build slowly, starting with hives, then vomiting and diarrhea, then swelling of my tongue, throat and inner ears. I have found through trial and error that if I can take a 12-hour Chlor-Trimeton in the first 2-4 minutes after the reaction starts, I can stop the reaction all together, or at least get to the hospital without having to use my Epi-pen. I LOVE this medicine for hayfever symptoms as well. Unfortunately, it is getting harder and harder to find the 12 hour tablets."

Anonymous February 27, 2009

For Hay Fever "I have had severe hayfever since childhood and this is one of the few antihistamines that work for all of my symptoms without making me overly drowsy. I'm just sad that they only sell 4 hour pills otc now. I'll have to switch to something else."

Anonymous September 8, 2008

For Hay Fever "While it makes me drowsy, gives me dry mouth and can make my scalp tingle/itch it is the only antihistamine that works for my severe hay fever. The 4 hour pills work most of the time and when my symptoms are really bad the 8 or 12 hour ones make my life normal."

Anonymous August 26, 2008

For Urticaria "24 hours after taking chlortrimeton 90% of my hives have disappeared. This is the first OTC drug I have taken that has had an effect. I experienced some drowsiness but functioned quite well."

Dwaynehc July 13, 2008