User Reviews for Chlor-Trimeton

Learn more about Chlor-Trimeton.

Hay Fever 4 reviews 875 medications

Cold Symptoms 0 reviews 841 medications

Summary of Chlor-Trimeton reviews 9 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Chlor-Trimeton

Review by BTM1:

For Hay Fever: I occasionally get severe sneezing attacks, cause unknown. They start as a feeling like something tickling my nose followed by a deep intake of breath and a powerful (mostly dry) sneeze. This then repeats about every 20 seconds for several minutes, when it stops, leaving me exhausted and with teary eyes and a runny nose. I found that swallowing a short-acting chlorpheniramine maleate tablet at the first sign, or in between sneezes, is effective at immediately stopping the attack, with no noticeable side effects. I have other chronic health conditions for which I take prescription medications; long term use of antihistamines for me is not recommended.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2012 4:45 PM

For Allergic Reactions: The 4mg dosage works very well for seasonal allergic reactions.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2010 11:38 AM

For Allergic Reactions: The most effective allergy medicine I've found to treat dog/cat/mold/dust allergies. It's too bad you can't find it any more!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2009 12:18 PM

For Allergic Reactions: I can't use Zyrtec or Claritin because they make my ADHD symptoms worse and counteract my Ritalin medication. This is the only antihistamine that works for me and does not make me drowsy (4 hour version). However, the 12 hour one has made me drowsy.

August 20, 2009 3:01 PM

Review by jonryan:

For Hay Fever: This is one of 2 antihistamines that works for me. This is the one that does not make me sleepy.

April 11, 2009 5:38 AM

For Allergic Reactions: I have severe allergies and believe that Chlor-Trimeton has saved my life several times. I have had 10-12 life-threatening anaphylactic attacks over the last 20 years. My attacks usually build slowly, starting with hives, then vomiting and diarrhea, then swelling of my tongue, throat and inner ears. I have found through trial and error that if I can take a 12-hour Chlor-Trimeton in the first 2-4 minutes after the reaction starts, I can stop the reaction all together, or at least get to the hospital without having to use my Epi-pen. I LOVE this medicine for hayfever symptoms as well. Unfortunately, it is getting harder and harder to find the 12 hour tablets.

February 27, 2009 11:05 PM

For Hay Fever: I have had severe hayfever since childhood and this is one of the few antihistamines that work for all of my symptoms without making me overly drowsy. I'm just sad that they only sell 4 hour pills otc now. I'll have to switch to something else.

September 8, 2008 4:57 PM

For Hay Fever: While it makes me drowsy, gives me dry mouth and can make my scalp tingle/itch it is the only antihistamine that works for my severe hay fever. The 4 hour pills work most of the time and when my symptoms are really bad the 8 or 12 hour ones make my life normal.

August 26, 2008 9:53 PM

Review by Dwaynehc:

For Urticaria: 24 hours after taking chlortrimeton 90% of my hives have disappeared. This is the first OTC drug I have taken that has had an effect. I experienced some drowsiness but functioned quite well.

July 13, 2008 9:03 AM