User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Also known as: Libritabs, Librium, Mitran, Poxi

Learn more about Chlordiazepoxide.

Alcohol Withdrawal 68 reviews 19 medications

Light Sedation 4 reviews 31 medications

7.2
Summary of Chlordiazepoxide reviews 90 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is AWESOME for my alcohol withdrawals. Maybe everyone is different but it works real good for me. I'm up doing housework when I should be shaking on the couch and not being able to do anything."

Andy Pollow (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was sober for three years and it was great. During that time I got my bachelors degree, was promoted in the military, and lost 50 pounds. Then out of nowhere I relapsed. I kept drinking for about 11 months and realized I was spiralling out of control again. Gaining weight, lost motivation, decreased work efficiency, staying in bed all day. I went to my doctor and told him I wanted to quit and he prescribed me 25mg librium for four days. First day 2 pills every six hours, second day 1 pill every six hours, third day 1 pill every 12 hours, last day 1 pill before bedtime. I can't say these made me feel much better, maybe slightly, but what they did help me do was sleep AMEN...that is always the worst! I've been sober for a week again!"

CMcC December 19, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just starting on Librium this afternoon and I'm amazed they are actually working! Don't do detox on your own it's very dangerous believe me....if you want to stop drinking then go to your GP and he/she will prescribe you Librium and you will be amazed as well. It's brilliant life saving drug. :-)"

Gazboy (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I wish I'd of known of Librium sooner. Lost my business to a natural disaster and then lived on coors lights for a year. Started as fun, ended months later with arguments and blackouts...then the morning shakes and dry heaves. Drove to the urgent care last week and skipped the line, told the clerk I needed immediate help, couldn't hold my water bottle. In a bed within 10 mins. Blood pressure through the roof. Gave me a fluid and vitamin drip along with Ativan for the anxiety and a Librium for the shakes. 15 mins later, didn't feel at deaths door. Two hours later, headed home with my sister at the helm (couldn't drive, too doped up). Been a week, back to running, surfing and getting my life back together. If you're sick of withdrawals, get it"

Anthony sean December 10, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Back story: I am 134 lb 29 year old woman who has been drinking heavily since 19. 5-10 a day is where I have been for some years now. I tried tapering myself and was going through hell. I was in fear for my life and was terrified that if I saw a doctor they would cart me off the detox. I have been spent some time focusing on recovering and am very motivated. I am at the point where the idea of taking another drink makes me sick. I went to the emergency and they immediately gave me Valium for withdrawals. I left with a prescription to Librium, but my pharmacy was not open. The nurse even suggested taking some drinks until I could get the prescription, but I found a 24 hour pharm am just paid for the Librium. Amazing stuff. Actually slept!"

Motivated to Recover (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Had zero withdraw symptoms with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been an every second of everyday drinker, (24-30) 5.9% ice beers for a year and a half. I started to have severe severe severe withdrawal's and DT's if I wasn't consuming that amount. I went to the dr. And was prescribed ativan. Didn't do anything. Then I went back and got Librium. Praises to the most high because I haven't had a drop of beer since. Absolutely no withdrawal's and I'm feeling better than ever. 10/10 for Librium. Highly recommended. Good luck!!!"

hotter than the 6ix (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have just returned home from speaking with a specialist regarding withdrawal from alcohol with Librium. I Can't stand the endless lost days to drink any longer. The sweats, dry retching in the mornings the sleepless nights, drums in my head, the moods, he not being able to concentrate etc.2 plus litre bottles of rum each day! Craziness!! Looking so much forward to my detox next week, new life, new me, new family, forever! Your comments on the use of Librium have been so helpful. Thank you all! Wish me luck,keep you posted."

Rum pirate November 20, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Chlordiazepoxide I have 10mg with me now I'm a little scared to take them but I am shaking and my heart is beating fast "

kellyjames81 October 11, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "34 yrs old been drinking vodka everyday the last 3-4 years I would get black out drunk every night. Used to just drink after work but I started feeling like crap so I started drinking at work all day long just to feel normal. Drank last night woke up this morning and I felt horrible. Went to the ER on my way there I stopped and got a pint drank half of it. Went into the ER. They hooked me up to an IV gave valium and vitamin drip did blood work and gave me chlordiazepoxide I instantly felt better. Got a 5 day prescription 25 mg 4 times a day so far so good! But its only day 1 I'm afraid to sleep tonight but I wanna stop drinking 100% so hope this does it. Good luck everyone"

Gavin paul October 5, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Drank heavy for 2-3 years vodka and wine couldn't stop til the bottle/box was gone . Dr put me on librium for a week after I tried to stop on my own. I quit for 1.5 yrs and then started back to 1 binge a week. Went to Dr today to get back on librium, so far I've only taken in once today and my cold sweats have stopped. I hope this helps some of yall."

Cajun girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Alcohol withdrawal can COST YOUR LIFE!!!!! I have been in 4 detoxes in 8 months. I drink a gallon of sometimes more of vodka a day. One detox was in January for 7 days, one at the end of April for 3 days, one in June for 5 days and one in July for 5 days. Librium works wonders. The reason the days spent in detox depend on the AMA policy. DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN. I have had seizures, convulsions, hallucinations, dt's its no joke Go to your doctor, tell her/ him what's going on. I drank EXTREMELY heavy and I was prescribed 75 MG every four hours day 1, then 50MG every 4 hours day 2, then 25 MG every 4 hours day 3, then 25 MG every 8 hours day 4, then 25 MG before bed day 5. The only way to tackle alcohol withdrawal is with librium"

nhood1987 September 7, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have detoxed several times from alcohol over my 25 year drinking career, a couple of times cold turkey, which led to sezuires. Librium has always helped....In the detox centers they would give me 25 mg every two hours that first day with a doctor on site. At home, I was prescribed 25mg every 4 hours don't do alone, could be deadly."

Clutch grinder September 1, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Be careful, the emergency Dr prescribed to my brother 100mg every 4 hours and it almost killed him"

Brother John August 21, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Heavy drinker for 25 years (vodka)...but somehow functioning...until last week - couldn't even move my move was shaking so bad, Thanks for a friend, got to urgent care and now after five days of Librium, and support groups, I feel human again. Thank God, and thank Librium."

lcghelp June 9, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "13 years of drinking a pint of vodka 4 days a week 14 days ago havent had a drink. My doctor prescribed 25mg of Librium on day 12. Dosage, 50 mg, two times a day every 8 to 12 hours. Max, 100mg per 24 hours. Day two, 25mg every 6 hours, day three 25 mg every 8 hours, Day fours 25 mg every 12 hours, and finally, 25 mg before " bed-time ". I have a follow up appointment with doctor a week after initial visit for detox symptoms. Also, an intake appointment set up with a well known outpatient hospital ( St Lukes/ Mt Sinai, NYC ), addiction program, with in three days of started Librium. Librium has taken the the " severe edge of withdraw "hell". Expect to feel relieve, not cured, possibly nauseus, unsteady/ heavy legs, as well as tired. ♡"

Noonersmee May 31, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been an alcoholic for over 15 years. Every time I've tried to quit I ended up having a seizure. I've had over 20 that I can even recall! But I've been sober for 11 days and the librium saved me! Once I started feeling nauseous I took two librium and felt better!!! I'm telling you from personal experience, do NOT try to detox without medication! If you want to try to get sober I would recommend Librium over anything else!!!"

Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Saved my life. Was minutes from committing suicide. It allowed me to come off the drug alcohol and be sane. My children will be better for it for me. Cold sweats shakes insomnia. Suicidal thoughts. Or Librium. And family support."

Obdub April 28, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Going cold turkey I experienced insomnia ,sweating ,anxiety and very high pulse then I decided to get medical help. They gave me Librium 25mg for 4 times a day first three days, 25mg 3 times a day for the next 3 days 25mg , 25mg 2 times a day for the next 3 days , 25mg at bedtime for the last three days. Librium sure saved me from convulsing and ending up at the emergency or dead ! PS always add a good supplement of vitamin b complex 100mg, very helpful when you detox, alcohol prevents your body from absorbing vitamin B. Good luck !! One day at a time :)"

gary 12 steps April 7, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Been fighting alcohol dependence for 5 years now. Finally went to ER and they detoxed me for two days with Librium. Best thing ever! Thank God for this medicine because it really works! Now to find a good program for myself and maintain my sobriety. Please never give up! You can do it!"

Paulyn (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "My Husband has been an addict for 17 years. Started with Pot, to Meth to quitting Meth for 7 years. After quitting that awful deadly drug he began to drink more. That's when I met him. Got him to slow down to beer. Most amazing person sober. That was the person I fell in love with. Then it got worse. He started to drink Vodka 2 pints a day 6 shots of fireball, beer, and 2 cans of redpunch with booze in it. That I know of. He said there was more. I was scared he was going to die. I didn't want my children to watch their father drink his life away. biggest fear them growing up to be an alcoholic themselves. Finally got him to the doctor. Librium saved him so far. 11 day's clean not one drop. He stayed home for detox. He is doing awesome."

Wife of a Vodka lover (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Stopped taking my anxiety medication and thinking alcohol was the lesser of two evils I went from being a 2-3 days a week drinker (drinking a 6 pack or less) to a liter of vodka a day drinker in less than 3 weeks. Went to the hospital to detox and they gave me librium. Took away the shakes, hallucinations, everything in just a few hours. 4 days later it was out of my system and haven't drank since. Doesn't stop diarrhea from detoxing but the dangerous stuff got stopped in its track the minute they gave me this medicine. Do not try to detox on your own! They do it in 3-5 days in the hospital with this drug, keep you comfortable and monitor your vitals. Best decision I ever made. Saved my life for sure."

anonymous drinker March 5, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Excellent for my husband. "

Cass Wheatley December 29, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is the best thing out there. I've drank my entire life. Never tried anything else to wean off of alcohol but Librium. It does make you tired. But who gives a turkey. It sure beats coming off of alcohol with nothing and going through hell."

rdawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I'm 38 and have been drinking most of my adult life. During my 30s, I drank just about every night. Eventually my tolerance level reached 6-8 (sometimes 10) high alcohol content beers per day (and I am a small-framed woman). I'd tried to quit cold turkey a few times but only lasted two days with intense withdrawals of shaking, severe anxiety, sweating, and night terrors. I had never had an experience with DTs or having to go to the ER, but I was scared of that. My doctor prescribed me 10mg of Librium to take at home with instructions to take 4-8 capsules per day depending on how I felt. So far I'm on Day 20 of sobriety with no anxiety, cravings, withdrawals, or side effects. Works great for withdrawing!"

Starshine14 November 7, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next