User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Also known as: Libritabs, Librium, Mitran, Poxi

Learn more about Chlordiazepoxide.

Alcohol Withdrawal 56 reviews 19 medications

Panic Disorder 2 reviews 19 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Chlordiazepoxide reviews 77 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Be careful, the emergency Dr prescribed to my brother 100mg every 4 hours and it almost killed him"

Brother John August 21, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Heavy drinker for 25 years (vodka)...but somehow functioning...until last week - couldn't even move my move was shaking so bad, Thanks for a friend, got to urgent care and now after five days of Librium, and support groups, I feel human again. Thank God, and thank Librium."

lcghelp June 9, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "13 years of drinking a pint of vodka 4 days a week 14 days ago havent had a drink. My doctor prescribed 25mg of Librium on day 12. Dosage, 50 mg, two times a day every 8 to 12 hours. Max, 100mg per 24 hours. Day two, 25mg every 6 hours, day three 25 mg every 8 hours, Day fours 25 mg every 12 hours, and finally, 25 mg before " bed-time ". I have a follow up appointment with doctor a week after initial visit for detox symptoms. Also, an intake appointment set up with a well known outpatient hospital ( St Lukes/ Mt Sinai, NYC ), addiction program, with in three days of started Librium. Librium has taken the the " severe edge of withdraw "hell". Expect to feel relieve, not cured, possibly nauseus, unsteady/ heavy legs, as well as tired. ♡"

Noonersmee May 31, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been an alcoholic for over 15 years. Every time I've tried to quit I ended up having a seizure. I've had over 20 that I can even recall! But I've been sober for 11 days and the librium saved me! Once I started feeling nauseous I took two librium and felt better!!! I'm telling you from personal experience, do NOT try to detox without medication! If you want to try to get sober I would recommend Librium over anything else!!!"

Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Saved my life. Was minutes from committing suicide. It allowed me to come off the drug alcohol and be sane. My children will be better for it for me. Cold sweats shakes insomnia. Suicidal thoughts. Or Librium. And family support."

Obdub April 28, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Going cold turkey I experienced insomnia ,sweating ,anxiety and very high pulse then I decided to get medical help. They gave me Librium 25mg for 4 times a day first three days, 25mg 3 times a day for the next 3 days 25mg , 25mg 2 times a day for the next 3 days , 25mg at bedtime for the last three days. Librium sure saved me from convulsing and ending up at the emergency or dead ! PS always add a good supplement of vitamin b complex 100mg, very helpful when you detox, alcohol prevents your body from absorbing vitamin B. Good luck !! One day at a time :)"

gary 12 steps April 7, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Been fighting alcohol dependence for 5 years now. Finally went to ER and they detoxed me for two days with Librium. Best thing ever! Thank God for this medicine because it really works! Now to find a good program for myself and maintain my sobriety. Please never give up! You can do it!"

Paulyn (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "My Husband has been an addict for 17 years. Started with Pot, to Meth to quitting Meth for 7 years. After quitting that awful deadly drug he began to drink more. That's when I met him. Got him to slow down to beer. Most amazing person sober. That was the person I fell in love with. Then it got worse. He started to drink Vodka 2 pints a day 6 shots of fireball, beer, and 2 cans of redpunch with booze in it. That I know of. He said there was more. I was scared he was going to die. I didn't want my children to watch their father drink his life away. biggest fear them growing up to be an alcoholic themselves. Finally got him to the doctor. Librium saved him so far. 11 day's clean not one drop. He stayed home for detox. He is doing awesome."

Wife of a Vodka lover (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Stopped taking my anxiety medication and thinking alcohol was the lesser of two evils I went from being a 2-3 days a week drinker (drinking a 6 pack or less) to a liter of vodka a day drinker in less than 3 weeks. Went to the hospital to detox and they gave me librium. Took away the shakes, hallucinations, everything in just a few hours. 4 days later it was out of my system and haven't drank since. Doesn't stop diarrhea from detoxing but the dangerous stuff got stopped in its track the minute they gave me this medicine. Do not try to detox on your own! They do it in 3-5 days in the hospital with this drug, keep you comfortable and monitor your vitals. Best decision I ever made. Saved my life for sure."

anonymous drinker March 5, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Excellent for my husband. "

Cass Wheatley December 29, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is the best thing out there. I've drank my entire life. Never tried anything else to wean off of alcohol but Librium. It does make you tired. But who gives a turkey. It sure beats coming off of alcohol with nothing and going through hell."

rdawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I'm 38 and have been drinking most of my adult life. During my 30s, I drank just about every night. Eventually my tolerance level reached 6-8 (sometimes 10) high alcohol content beers per day (and I am a small-framed woman). I'd tried to quit cold turkey a few times but only lasted two days with intense withdrawals of shaking, severe anxiety, sweating, and night terrors. I had never had an experience with DTs or having to go to the ER, but I was scared of that. My doctor prescribed me 10mg of Librium to take at home with instructions to take 4-8 capsules per day depending on how I felt. So far I'm on Day 20 of sobriety with no anxiety, cravings, withdrawals, or side effects. Works great for withdrawing!"

Starshine14 November 7, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been an alcholic for the better part of 25 years, was in detox five times during that period and finally seemed to get the abuse out of my life after an intense 28 day program. A week ago I discovered my girlfriend was messaging another man she used to date, it was a trigger I just could not handle and started drinking again, within a day I was back to where I left off eight mnths ago. I couldn't do detox again because of work so I went to see my doctor who prescribed Chlordiazepoxide, the effects were felt within the hour, shakes were completly gone. I continued to take the medication for four days and I have been great since. Highly recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "I had taken Librium for around 20 years off and on for Anxiety and panic attacks. I only take a small dose but it has always been very effective. Anytime I didn't need it, it was easy to get off of it. I take if as needed. I would recommend it to anyone as it seems to have no side effects with me."

ithelps (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium works amazing for detoxing from alcohol. Period. I suffer from major anxiety which is why I drank to keep my nerves calm. Well years of doing that leads to dependency, withdrawals and leads to more anxiety. So I talked to the doc, got Librium which was very affordable. I started on a Sunday and drank myself away the night before so soon as I started feeling the anxiety I took my recommend dose. Within 10 mins I felt great, curbed all the shakes, relaxed me to the point of zero anxiety was a life saver. Been sober for 20 days now and still dealing with little twinges of anxiety, but I have Xanax and just nervous to take it. Side note here, coming off Librium I would consider it slightly rough. Especially for people with anxiety. "

nylis (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Having had a serious addiction to alcohol for 8 years, and oscillated between sobriety and extreme alcoholism, I have had Librium on more occasions than I wish to remember. Under NO condition self-detox or go cold turkey. It's not like what you see in the media about locking a heroin addict in a room for 3 days of hell and then they are fine. Alcohol withdrawls will KILL you. I have tapered myself on several occasions, and suffered seizures, extreme sickness, sweats etc. Librium won't cure you of the disease, but will stop you from dying when trying to get sober. Every time you have to detox, your body becomes a bit more used to Librium, and your detox is longer."

Miss Whiskers September 11, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medicine is/was a lifesaver. I was continuously drinking. My alcohol of choice was always beer, however, I often mixed Vodka into the mix. My heavy drink was for years, at least 10-12. The further I got down the road the more I had to drink everyday. To the point where I at times had to drink a beer to get back to sleep because I knew my blood pressure was out of hand from withdrawal. After the prescription to Librium the effects were immediate. Withdrawal is now far behind me. On to a sober life."

Drink a beer (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "good"

Jimmy1983 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have had these before and worked wonders for my anxiety. Recently I ran out of my usual benzodiazepine scripts early so I had to go to the ER and they gave me a 45 day supply which is cool because they only ever give maybe two days supply. But anyhow the Librium 25 mg still works great, I took two of them in the morning and was very impressed on how long it worked. Only had to take one more in the evening. And I have a VERY VERY High tolerance for benzo's."

Jimmy1983 July 25, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "After years of hard drinking I woke up yesterday in the throws of death. Hands shaking so hard I couldn't type. Sweating. Spasms. Vomiting. Trouble breathing. I couldn't even walk my legs were like jello. Having had hallucinations and seizure in the past from withdrawals I had two options. Go get beer (not an option, I was having panic attacks), or go to the ER. I opted for the ER. They gave me Libruim and hour later and every symptom stopped in about 30 minutes. The doc gave me a prescription for a week, and sent me off my way. I figured I'd start the next day, however I found sleep that night impossible. I decided to take 2 Librium at 4am and slept for 7 hours. I'm not even sure how I can type right now."

goodstart July 13, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Half bottle of vodka or bottle of wine a day for 20 years. Got worse when my husband died and ended up cutting my wrists on a binge. Started having fits/seizures about 8 weeks ago so decided to give up cold turkey. Biggest mistake ever as I couldn't understand why I kept having seizures. Started Librium as an inpatient along with IV thiamine. Got awful hallucinations to begin with but after that I can truthfully say I haven't felt this good physically and mentally for years. I self referred and the hospital were amazing. Please, please if you think you have a dependency then this medicine is the way to go. I truly believe it's not only saved my sanity but also potentially my life."

Silly bb (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2014

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "My doctor will not prescribe Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan for anxiety, but he was comfortable giving me a script for Librium (chlordiazepoxide) 25mg capsules 4x a day for my anxiety. Worked well at the beginning, but like all benzo's, the efficacy wore off after about a month of use. Was great while it worked and it was very inexpensive! Tapered off then went back on it a few months later and it worked like a charm again! On and off usage for close to 5 years now."

Anonymous April 22, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I had taken narcotic pills for almost thirteen years, I took Librium for three days and suffered almost no withdrawal symptoms at all. This is truly a miracle pill."

denisemr April 17, 2014

For Anxiety: "nightmares"

your nickname April 9, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "You do not have to live with the effects of alcohol withdrawal. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Instead of getting help I would get drunk so the symptoms would go away but would wake up very early with the symptoms right back and have to do it all over again. I highly recommend chlordiazepoxide, it truly has changed my life. I no longer want to drink, no withdrawals, have energy and just have a positive outlook in life. Alcoholism will never leave you, so anyone reading this feeling like there is no hope please get help. This benzodiazepine really does work and it will change your life."

acbdfeioI March 19, 2014