User Reviews for Cimzia

Ankylosing Spondylitis 0 reviews 140 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cimzia reviews 11 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Cimzia

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: Almost instant relief of joint pain and inflammation on first injection, no reaction to needle. Great help from Cimzia Support. Still taking methotrexate weekly injection twice a month, still have inflammation.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 6:12 AM

Review by Kdtownsley (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!

March 13, 2013 12:46 AM

Review by LORNA DOONE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Cimzia manufacturer covers copays. Have to renew each year. Can't work as nurse without it. Inject every 3 wks.

June 4, 2012 1:58 AM

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: Cimzia didn't take care of the diarrhea associated with Crohn's Disease, but it did allow me to live flare free for over three years.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2012 3:58 PM

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I was able to use CimPay to cover my $350/month copay. I was in such total remission that it felt like I didn't even have Crohns. Loved not going to hospital for Remicade infusions and had no problems with injections or any side effects. Unfortunately, now have been exposed to TB and am positive for Latent TB Infection and must discontinue Cimzia. Abdominal pain restarted at just one week past missed dose, so have been prescribed Pentasa.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 29, 2012 3:26 PM

Review by laney lintel:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: This medicine was initially a God send and my joint problems got better to the point that I was able to cut down on my pain killers. Side effects included upset stomach and abdominal pain, muscle pain. Unfortunately I have developed thyroid nodules and my liver has become enlarged and my spleen shrunk - all was well when I had a scan before taking the medicine. Have had to stop the injections and my joint condition has come back with a vengeance.

January 10, 2012 1:38 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: GREAT. Feel better than ever using this medicine and only side effect was some weight gain.

November 19, 2011 11:37 PM

Review by Narbe:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: This medicine has given me my life back. I no longer worry about knowing where every rest room is wherever I go. My only side effect is a headache the day after the injections.

February 15, 2011 12:22 PM

For Crohn's Disease: When all else failed (I had done Asacol and Remicade along with 6-mp and other treatments; Remicade did well at first but over time stopped working) I have found this medicine to be a great replacement for Remicade. The nurse comes to the house so its more convenient. The only down side is that it's injected intramuscularly and not I.V.

April 29, 2009 2:43 PM

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I found it worked well but the side effects; SHARP pains throughout my body were not worth it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2009 8:31 AM

Review by NoWorries:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease a while ago and was hurting non stop. I lost over 15 pounds in 2 weeks. After about 4 months of being on Cimzia I don't even worry about my stomach. Maintain a good diet, take your vitamins, and drink plenty of water. Cimzia seems like a miracle drug.

April 8, 2009 8:19 PM