Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Cimzia

Learn more about Cimzia.

Reviews for Cimzia to treat Crohn's Disease, Maintenance

Review by LORNA DOONE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Cimzia manufacturer covers copays. Have to renew each year. Can't work as nurse without it. Inject every 3 wks.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2012 1:58 AM

I was able to use CimPay to cover my $350/month copay. I was in such total remission that it felt like I didn't even have Crohns. Loved not going to hospital for Remicade infusions and had no problems with injections or any side effects. Unfortunately, now have been exposed to TB and am positive for Latent TB Infection and must discontinue Cimzia. Abdominal pain restarted at just one week past missed dose, so have been prescribed Pentasa.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 29, 2012 3:26 PM

Review by Narbe:

This medicine has given me my life back. I no longer worry about knowing where every rest room is wherever I go. My only side effect is a headache the day after the injections.

February 15, 2011 12:22 PM

I found it worked well but the side effects; SHARP pains throughout my body were not worth it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2009 8:31 AM

Review by NoWorries:

I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease a while ago and was hurting non stop. I lost over 15 pounds in 2 weeks. After about 4 months of being on Cimzia I don't even worry about my stomach. Maintain a good diet, take your vitamins, and drink plenty of water. Cimzia seems like a miracle drug.

April 8, 2009 8:19 PM