Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Cefuroxime review summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Bronchitis

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took this medicine at night and when I got up in the morning my lips had a white film on them and I pulled it off. I looked in the mirror and there was this white film on and inside my mouth.There was a thick coating on my tongue that resembled spongy like material. I stopped taking the medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 1:06 PM

Review by Bronchitis :( (taken for less than 1 month):

One of the best antibiotics for me... I was amazed how well it worked. Down side: taste is horrible but that's probably why it's so good. My side effects were plentiful but the risks outweighed the bad... My biggest side effect was nausea and vomiting there were lots of moments I had to run to a bathroom or get out of a moving vehicle.... With all that, I'm still grateful. I was sicker then ever before. I slept last night fully for the first time in almost 3 weeks... If like me one of your symptoms are no appetite either force feed yourself or find an alternative with your doctor. I'm sure being able to eat would've helped ease my stomach. Feel better. Had some dizziness and vaginitis..

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 7:32 AM

Review by CathyA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ceftin (cefuroxime): I started taking Ceftin for Bronchitis and I felt better within 2 days. I stayed on it for 6 weeks and my sinus condition and ETD symptoms went away after 4 years. This was a miracle for me.

August 7, 2012 6:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

After 4 days of a ten day treatment plan, I developed vaginal bleeding. I not prone, nor have I ever experienced bleeding between periods. Dizziness, lack of ability to concentrate.

July 27, 2012 6:25 AM

Review by sammeesue:

Ceftin (cefuroxime): After taking Ceftin (Cefuroxime) for 3 days, my throat swelled and my chest became more constricted. It felt as though I could not swallow well. I was dizzy, and anxious. I consulted the pharmacist who told me to take a Benadryl and if I didn't improve quickly, to get myself to the hospital. Within 5 minutes of taking the Benadryl I could feel my throat relaxing. After relating this situation to my daughter, she told me she had a similar experience with this drug when it was prescribed for her a year ago.

October 25, 2009 2:02 PM

Review by Sickal:

I had sinusitis, bronchitis and pink eye... After two doses(500MG) I was feeling good. I will finish all 14 pills of course.

May 21, 2008 9:51 PM