User Reviews for Coreg

5.4
Summary of Coreg reviews 29 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Coreg

Review by Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Heart Failure: I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day.

November 26, 2013 8:04 PM

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: My daughter was prescribed this medication because it was the medicine that showed significant improvement to help Left ventricular dysfunction.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by Beatcha!:

For Heart Failure: I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team.

March 9, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by JerryDhutch:

For High Blood Pressure: I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower.

March 8, 2013 7:35 AM

Review by Bill three (taken for 10 years or more):

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg a day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70.

January 14, 2013 2:09 PM

For Atrial Fibrillation: Works good except several periods per month of 2 to 3 days when palpitations are much worse.

November 22, 2012 8:13 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2012 3:45 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Works well but does not mix well with hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Causes blood pressure to decrease too much.

February 15, 2012 11:01 AM

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: The side effects were almost unbearable the first month. The second month has been better now that I am used to Coreg. Feeling so much better now. My Left Ventricular Dysfunction has improved.

January 7, 2012 9:44 AM

For High Blood Pressure: 6.25mg of this product 2 X daily, reduced my 160/120 BP to 120/78 in two days.

December 31, 2011 2:56 PM

For Heart Failure: Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects.

December 5, 2011 6:12 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Did not work for my moderately high blood pressure.

September 26, 2011 10:28 AM

For Heart Failure: Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit.

August 30, 2011 12:48 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I have used this drug since developing CHF on the operating table in 2001 and I am still alive and feel pretty good. I am 75 years old now.

June 17, 2011 5:01 PM

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: My EF has gone from 10% to 30% on a dosage of 42mgs per day. Of course there are the usual side effects.

February 10, 2011 2:08 PM

Review by Road Hog:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking this since my heart attack in March 2010. I have had leg muscle issues (pain) since the beginning. My doctor seems to think the benefit is greater than the pain. I disagree and am about to stop it no matter what my doctor says.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2010 11:00 PM

Review by Blticknor:

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: My LVEF was about 20 when I started on Coreg following a massive heart attack. I have used Coreg since it first came on the market. I take 100 mg daily with no side effects. My LVEF is now between 30 and 35. My heart attack was 21 years ago. Coreg has been a "silver bullet" for me.

September 25, 2010 1:16 AM

For High Blood Pressure: 12.5 mg 2 x a day. Had headaches and numbness in fingers. Some swelling in lower legs. Blood pressure dropped only 4 points. Doctor switched medicine after 3 months.

September 17, 2010 5:45 PM

Review by j w:

For Heart Failure: Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great.

July 19, 2010 12:28 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Caused extreme fatigue

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2010 7:07 PM

For High Blood Pressure: This Medicine had no affect on my HBP. I previously took Lisinopril, but needed to change medicines for another reason. My BP went very high (160/110) even after taking this medicine for 7 days and I had to be changed to another medicine.

December 8, 2009 10:06 PM

For Heart Failure: My dad uses this medication for 3 years now, after he was staying in the hospital with heart failure for almost 10 days. He never had that situation repeated since that...

October 7, 2009 1:12 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have had very little side effects. I am at my third increase in dosage and am at 12.5mg. I wished it had been more effective at the lower dose.

September 24, 2009 10:53 PM

For Heart Failure: Coreg worked fine for me at 12.5 mg twice a day. However, as a former smoker, when my physician increased the dosage to 25mg 2x a day, I had trouble breathing, walking, and my feet swelled up. Coreg should be kept at a minimal dose if the patient has an underlying lung problem. My physician had to stop the drug completely.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2009 8:14 PM

Review by Odelle:

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: I am 91 and have congestive heart failure. (I also fell and broke the femur articulation with my hip in late March). My doctor gave me this medicine, Coreg, and it took away the swelling in my feet, ankles, legs and knees. I was having such pain in my knees and the drug along with other medicines I take, that it has gotten the fluid out of my system and my knees no longer ache. This medicine has really improved my life.

August 26, 2009 9:44 AM