User Reviews for Coreg

High Blood Pressure 13 reviews 253 medications

5.4
Summary of Coreg reviews 34 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Coreg

For Heart Failure "succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent"

xnorb May 30, 2015

For Heart Failure "Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

For Heart Failure "I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

For Heart Failure "I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. "

Raymond Gonzales (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2014

For Heart Failure "I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day."

Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2013

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My daughter was prescribed this medication because it was the medicine that showed significant improvement to help Left ventricular dysfunction."

Anonymous April 21, 2013

For Heart Failure "I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team."

Beatcha! March 9, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower."

JerryDhutch March 8, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg a day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70."

Bill three (taken for 10 years or more) January 14, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "Works good except several periods per month of 2 to 3 days when palpitations are much worse."

Anonymous November 22, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2012

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Works well but does not mix well with hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Causes blood pressure to decrease too much."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "The side effects were almost unbearable the first month. The second month has been better now that I am used to Coreg. Feeling so much better now. My Left Ventricular Dysfunction has improved."

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "6.25mg of this product 2 X daily, reduced my 160/120 BP to 120/78 in two days."

Anonymous December 31, 2011

For Heart Failure "Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "Did not work for my moderately high blood pressure."

Anonymous September 26, 2011

For Heart Failure "Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I have used this drug since developing CHF on the operating table in 2001 and I am still alive and feel pretty good. I am 75 years old now."

Anonymous June 17, 2011

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My EF has gone from 10% to 30% on a dosage of 42mgs per day. Of course there are the usual side effects."

Anonymous February 10, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking this since my heart attack in March 2010. I have had leg muscle issues (pain) since the beginning. My doctor seems to think the benefit is greater than the pain. I disagree and am about to stop it no matter what my doctor says."

Road Hog November 17, 2010

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My LVEF was about 20 when I started on Coreg following a massive heart attack. I have used Coreg since it first came on the market. I take 100 mg daily with no side effects. My LVEF is now between 30 and 35. My heart attack was 21 years ago. Coreg has been a "silver bullet" for me."

Blticknor September 25, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "12.5 mg 2 x a day. Had headaches and numbness in fingers. Some swelling in lower legs. Blood pressure dropped only 4 points. Doctor switched medicine after 3 months."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

For Heart Failure "Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great."

j w July 19, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "Caused extreme fatigue"

Anonymous January 31, 2010

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate