User Reviews for Coreg

Learn more about Coreg.

Coreg review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 123 medications used in the treatment of Heart Failure.

Reviews for Coreg to treat Heart Failure

Review by Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 26, 2013 8:04 PM
Review by Beatcha!: User Rating:

I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team.

March 9, 2013 4:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects.

December 5, 2011 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit.

August 30, 2011 12:48 AM
Review by j w: User Rating:

Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great.

July 19, 2010 12:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My dad uses this medication for 3 years now, after he was staying in the hospital with heart failure for almost 10 days. He never had that situation repeated since that...

October 7, 2009 1:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coreg worked fine for me at 12.5 mg twice a day. However, as a former smoker, when my physician increased the dosage to 25mg 2x a day, I had trouble breathing, walking, and my feet swelled up. Coreg should be kept at a minimal dose if the patient has an underlying lung problem. My physician had to stop the drug completely.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 6, 2009 8:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Great for congestive heart failure.

December 22, 2008 2:59 PM
Review by V.B.:

In June 07 at age 47, to my doctor's disbelief, I was on life support and confirmed to have congestive heart failure. After trials for weeks on different medicines my doctor ask me to try Coreg with my Lasix. Boy was I thankful. Today 6 months later I am 2804 miles from home, living a very normal and happy life.

November 7, 2008 12:04 AM
Review by pepischnauzer: User Rating:

I had congestive heart failure 6 years ago. In my opinion Coreg has saved my life. I thank God, my cardiologist informed me of this drug.

September 28, 2008 1:43 AM