User Reviews for Coreg

Learn more about Coreg.

Coreg Review Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 116 medications used in the treatment of Heart Failure.

Reviews for Coreg to treat Heart Failure

"I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost."

Ctnach August 21, 2015

"succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent"

xnorb May 30, 2015

"Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

"I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

"I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

"I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day."

Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2013

"I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team."

Beatcha! March 9, 2013

"Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

"Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

"Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great."

j w July 19, 2010

"My dad uses this medication for 3 years now, after he was staying in the hospital with heart failure for almost 10 days. He never had that situation repeated since that..."

Anonymous October 7, 2009

"Coreg worked fine for me at 12.5 mg twice a day. However, as a former smoker, when my physician increased the dosage to 25mg 2x a day, I had trouble breathing, walking, and my feet swelled up. Coreg should be kept at a minimal dose if the patient has an underlying lung problem. My physician had to stop the drug completely."

Anonymous September 6, 2009

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great for congestive heart failure."

Anonymous December 22, 2008

"In June 07 at age 47, to my doctor's disbelief, I was on life support and confirmed to have congestive heart failure. After trials for weeks on different medicines my doctor ask me to try Coreg with my Lasix. Boy was I thankful. Today 6 months later I am 2804 miles from home, living a very normal and happy life."

V.B. November 7, 2008

"I had congestive heart failure 6 years ago. In my opinion Coreg has saved my life. I thank God, my cardiologist informed me of this drug."

pepischnauzer September 28, 2008