User Reviews for Carbidopa / levodopa

Also known as: Atamet, Duopa, Parcopa, Rytary, Sinemet, Sinemet CR

Learn more about Carbidopa/levodopa.

Carbidopa/levodopa Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome.

Reviews for Carbidopa/levodopa to treat Restless Legs Syndrome

"This combination has kept my restless legs syndrome at bay. Occasionally, I'll feel the symptoms between doses, so I take a 1/2 pill, which seems to take care of the problem. I don't think I have any side effects from it. All in all, I'm very satisfied with this medication."

blond_swede (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2014

"Been on this for going on 15 years now. It has worked so well for me that I haven't even bothered to try the newer things out there. I very rarely have to take more than one even after taking it for this length of time."

Deej416 June 19, 2014

"I'm just beginning to use this medication for restless leg syndrome so far I have noticed this will help me sleep at night."

Alicia R (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2013

"This medicine has provided effective relief this past year. Timing is everything. I am finding I need to take earlier in the evening as it may take as long as an hour and a half to kick in. Then effects wear off by 3:30 am or so and another dose is needed to get through the rest of the night."

nras (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2013

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "I have been on Sinemet for at least 15 years. I have not had to raise the dosage due to augmentation as of yet. This is the very first medicine I tried for restless legs syndrome and it works so well for me I don't feel the need to try the newer medicines. I have had restless legs syndrome since my teens and am now hitting 60."

deej416 (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2013

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "I worked on my feet for 10 years now and developed restless leg about 2 years ago. No one understands what it is until they've encountered it themselves. I am prescribed Sinemet and I love it. I usually only take it when symptoms start (when those legs start a feeling funny). I am very fortunate because I suffer no side effects. I do not get sleepy and it doesn't bother my stomach. I would highly recommend this medication for anyone who is unfortunate enough to suffer from this."

MasonsMommy May 14, 2013

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "This has been a God send for me. I have been prescribed carbidopa-levodopa 25/100 for 10 years and am currently 53 (age). While it may affect others differently, I have seen absolutely no side effects. If I am beginning to feel restless legs syndrome, this medicine seems to take about an hour to eliminate the symptoms. Since these symptoms seem to come over me as I relax into the evening, I simply take one in advance and another just before bed. I also take it just before long drives and flights. Works great for me and I hope others may be as fortunate. I tried Requip at one time but it made me groggy."

KevinP504 (taken for 10 years or more) December 13, 2012

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "I have had restless legs syndrome for years due to iron deficiency. I took Sinemet for about a year and it seemed to work great for me. However, I could not take the full or even half of the dose because it really made me feel drowzy the following day so I would break it up and take a very small piece of the pill. Also, if you don't go to bed after taking it and stay up for a while, it can have the adverse effect on you. Makes you really sleepy, but make your restless legs symptoms worse. Good Luck!"

Amy Darrell February 20, 2012

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "I suffer from restless legs syndrome since 14 years ago and been taking Sinemet since. The only medication that works for me but only lasts for 2 to 3 hours then need to take again. For about nearly 2 years I came to realize that after eating food or drink contain msg/monosodiom glutamate - 621,627 which will contribute my suffering so if I eat less of this and will be less suffering. "

Kampret January 20, 2012

"I have had restless legs syndrome for over 15 years. It has gotten worse over the years, but with my doctor increasing my medication, my symptoms have been for the most part under control."

Anonymous January 10, 2012

Sinemet CR (carbidopa / levodopa): "Watch out for increase in restless legs syndrome (augmentation) at higher doses. Info I found says should NOT be taken every day for RLS, not more than 3 times per week."

John U December 28, 2011

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "It is working great for me and unlike other medications it is not a controlled drug nor addicting."

Anonymous May 15, 2011

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "I have Restless legs both at night and during the day. The Sinemet helps some at night, but doesn't last through the night. I can't take it during the day because it makes me sleepy and upsets my stomach. If I take it with food it doesn't work at all. I have a heart condition, so there are some medicines I can't take."

Pat621 October 2, 2010

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa): "Sinemet works great for my restless legs syndrome, even better than the drugs more popularly prescribed. It is absolutely the one medication I cannot live without!"

Anonymous August 20, 2010