User Reviews for Vivarin

Learn more about Vivarin.

Hypersomnia 2 reviews 24 medications

5.3
Summary of Vivarin reviews 2 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Vivarin

"Because I'm currently being treated for depression, anxiety, compulsive habits, and insomnia, my doctor didn't want to add ADHD medicine to the mix. I've had horrible anxiety along with my ADHD my whole life. Not to mention my insomnia, so it was very hard to tell whether the Vivarin worked for me. I would take it occasionally, and when I took it, it just made me even more anxious and jumpy. It could be the way the medication is realesed. But I must say, one cup of coffee or one monster, bam, I instantly have an elevated mood along with increased attention and concentration. I do get shaky but very minor. For anyone out there who is concerned about their ADHD, I definitely recommend experimenting with caffeine, it is very helpful."

Dylan 10101 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

"I took two pills and immediately had energy however I crashed hard. I had no energy the rest of the day."

ft mom (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2014

For Hypersomnia "This is very effective. Sometimes, I only take half of one. Just remember to stop taking it about 6 hours before bedtime. Cheaper than energy drinks loaded with sugar. Easier on my tummy than coffee and it doesn't stain my teeth like colas. Caffeine is a diuretic so drink plenty of water to make you feel better all day."

Anonymous April 15, 2012

"Never got used to drinking coffee, my stomach could not really stand it and energy drinks did only go so long before their side effects started to kick in and affect my health. After the age of 25 I found myself being so mentally tired all the time and would take several hours to fully awake no matter how many hours I slept. I tried a travel size pack of Vivarin once at work and felt the difference right away, after only 10 minutes I was able to concentrate and finish what used to be my 2 hour paperwork in about 30 minutes. Have not had any side effects when I take it as it is described and there was no boost limit since it only woke me up! I would not recommend taking more than two pills at once or with any other caffeine product though!"

Awaken Man September 18, 2011

For Hypersomnia "I give Vivarin a seven for an OTC medication. I don't sleep well at all at night and I usually average 3-4 hours. I stay in pain so when my alarm goes off in the morning, it is much easier to put a tablet in my mouth along with my pain medication and reset the alarm for one hour later. When it goes off I feel much better for it has helped awaken me and the methadone had started to work for the pain. It doesn't upset my stomach as much as the No Doz. Then later if I want a cup of coffee and I have time to drink it I can but usually I don't have the time and I have to pop another Vivarin to keep me going."

GeorgiaGirl January 22, 2011