User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Opiate Dependence 369 reviews 7 medications

9.2
Summary of Suboxone reviews 369 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Suboxone

Review by Octobr (taken for less than 1 month):

For Opiate Dependence: I been taking Oxycodone 10mg since 2009. I told my Dr. I wanted to get off those. I have been on Suboxone for four days and I feel great.

July 6, 2013 12:23 PM

Review by Puffy's mom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Opiate Dependence: Following a car accident in May 2012, I developed an addiction to Norco, Percocet and Fentanyl. I recently entered a detox program to get off the pain meds. While there, I was given Suboxone. Within 2 days, I knew something was wrong. I am in the 5% that cannot take this medicine. My blood pressure soared, my heart rate reached a high of 143, my metabolism shot through the roof creating a buzzing feeling over my entire body. The scariest side effect was a drastic, abnormal weight loss (17 pounds in 4 days).

June 24, 2013 12:14 PM

Review by Sfg:

For Opiate Dependence: Suboxone saved my life. I was on 300mg oxycodone everyday for over a year and before I took 200mg Norco for years. I lost everything, savings, friends, cars, and borrowed and lied to everyone I know. I said enough is enough and got on Suboxone. I take 1 x 8mg a day and I have been clean for three months now. Had a buddy who stopped at the same time as me but did not go on Suboxone and he relapsed within a week. That's proof this is the only way to get of pills.

June 11, 2013 6:28 AM

Review by Big Mikey:

For Opiate Dependence: I had 19 procedures on my lower back and four procedures on my neck. I was taking very high doses of Oxycontin and Oxycodone for ten years. I wanted to quit taking pain medicines but they got a hold of me. Now I'm on Suboxone 16 mg a day and I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm also taking Suboxone for pain management. I have more pain than I care to have but I take Motrin for break through pain. When you decide to take control of your life again then get on the Suboxone, you will not regret it. No withdrawal, no urges and no worries! Good luck and remember you can now have your life back.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2013 12:38 AM

Review by Big mo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Opiate Dependence: I have been on Suboxone for 5 days now! I have yet to crave a Norco. I was taking 12-15 a day for the last 2yrs. I had major back surgery. I have no complaints as of yet!

May 16, 2013 12:16 AM

Review by philly25 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Dependence: Taking 8mg Suboxone a day...a Life saver! Negatives for me are constipation and ridiculous amount of saliva build up in my mouth 5 to 10 mins after I place under tongue.

April 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Review by elj (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Opiate Dependence: This is a great medication for anyone who is addicted to pain killers or benzodiazepine. I was addicted to both for years. It takes time to get yourself to go to a doctor being that you think it won't work or you can't afford it. Best thing I ever did.

April 24, 2013 5:56 PM

Review by Cosette34 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I spiraled out of control on pain pills about six years ago and it will be two years on this medication July 24/2010. It is taking me a little longer to wean off because I did have a relapse due to financial problems. This medicine is the best thing that can be out there for addicts. I hid it from my husband, mother, everyone that came around me. They had a slight idea that something was wrong, but since I was so mean and hateful they were all afraid to say anything to me about it in fear of what I would do. The first week of being on the medicine, my husband said that he could see a complete reversal of me and my personality. He says that he finally got his baby back.

April 18, 2013 12:42 PM

Review by arickp (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Opiate Dependence: I saw opioids taking over my life, and figured I had two options: continue using and wind up dead or imprisoned, or get help. Suboxone was the help I got. My cravings to get high on anything keep going down and down. Now, I barely remember why I started doing all these in the first place. So why the 6 out of 10? It constipates me way worse than any other opioid has. That means lots of fiber, stool softeners and Activia for me. I dislike the orange taste and the way the strips numb my taste buds. I also wish it was scored, so you could accurately measure out half doses.

April 16, 2013 6:51 PM

Review by Diffy52589:

For Opiate Dependence: I was addicted to pain killers for about 2 yrs. I lost everything, my family, my significant other, my beautiful convertible. My parents called the cops on me all the time. The pharmacist knew exactly what I was up to and would always look down on me when I would get my pills. My dr would just give me whatever I asked for, she had no idea I was abusing all these pills. Eventually I got caught and had no way of getting the pills so I decided it was time to get help. I found a Suboxone Dr and it was the best thing I have ever done. I will be clean for a year on May 8th of this year.

April 8, 2013 8:24 PM

Review by WHO8BGDAVE:

For Opiate Dependence: 12 years addicted, 4 prison #s, 40 jobs at least, 6 different homes, 3 evictions, 4 children let down. My life has changed! SUBOXONE saved my life! Now active in my church and in treatment I've been clean for 8 months. PRAISE GOD.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2013 7:41 PM

Review by shanmrsn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I'm a 41yr old female whose opiate addiction lasted 8 yrs. I had multiple surgeries, broken bones that always required some sort of pain Meds. I always took as directed until the dosage wasn't helping so I'd take more pills or ask for stronger pain pills just to ease the pain. I was taking 15 Lortabs 10mg a day and if I didn't have any I couldn't get up out of bed so when I eventually was taken off my pain pills. I explained the symptoms I have when I dont take the pain pills. He explained I was having opioid withdrawals. I was so shocked I felt awful. I didn't take pain meds for the thrill. So why me? I now only take Suboxone 8mg 2-3x daily. Results are instant! 1 year now no problems. MIRACLE AND TRULY A BLESSING.I feel normal again!

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 4:18 AM

Review by daDez (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: After being on pain management for 7 years, my brain started telling my body I needed higher and higher doses. I maxed out on Fentanyl and had enough of the merry go round. I had crossed from dependency to addiction. After a lot of research, I felt a life in pain would be better then what I was putting myself through. I walked into a detox hospital and started Suboxone. I was stunned when my pain was under control. With incorporating a recovery program, I have been clean for 3 years and take 16mg of Suboxone. I've tried lowering my dose, but my pain comes screaming back. I feel absolutely normal and praise the manufacturer for such a great remedy to a complex problem. If you are a Veteran, the VA has a great Suboxone program.

March 3, 2013 7:33 PM

Review by red heads rule (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I am on it for the second time. The first time I thought the medication alone was going to keep me from using but I soon found out it wouldn't. Now on it for the second time I not only take Suboxone I also see go through drug counseling, go to NA and AA. I have completely changed my way of life. For me this was a must. I now have 2 yrs clean and sober. Of course there is ups and downs to all things but I have found this medication to be a vital tool in my tool box. I would recommend anyone struggling with an opiate addiction to at least give it a try. Recovery is possible!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2013 11:15 AM

Review by Poppey (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: Wonderful if you want to stop using opiates which I was. Suboxone was effective I even dealt with some of the side effects but today I am opiate free.

February 23, 2013 2:03 AM

Review by Renee ann:

For Opiate Dependence: Been on Suboxone for 4 yrs now! It's been the best thing I've ever done for myself! Thank-You

February 16, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by BIGMIKE1234:

For Opiate Dependence: I was addicted to pills for 3 years. Started as a few Vicodin a day to 25 Percocets a day at the end. I have been on Subutex for 2 weeks and I must say it saved my life. NO CRAVINGS at all! The first few days I had mild headaches but they went away by day 4. I'm currently taking a total of 8 mg a day and it is plenty. This is truly a miracle. My wife is happy and I can play with my son again without popping pills to get out of bed. The only bad thing is my insurance won't cover it but the $50 a week is a lot less than the $500-600 a week I was spending before. THANK YOU SUBUTEX!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2013 10:33 PM

Review by mickyminas:

For Opiate Dependence: This is my personal experience of Suboxone. Now 54, been an addict on heroin until a year ago, done 3 detox clinics absolute no luck but learnt a lot from them. Don't knock it but as for Suboxone I honestly thought I would not see change but wow it kills cravings and the lot. Was an addict for ages and this has totally changed my life. What more can I say. Get on it people before you lose everything like I did.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2013 11:33 AM

Review by Sam3990 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I have been clean now for 114 days. Before Suboxone I had given up on everything. Myself, my kids, and my husband. When I first used Suboxone I started with 4mg. I had a horrible reaction to it. Everything was slow motion, I was vomiting, sweating, nodding in and out, aches and pains everywhere, the scariest part was the hard time breathing. Its like I forgot to breath. My clinic doctor had never seen or heard of a reaction like that. I refused to give up though, after 5-7 days I had finally felt like me (before my addiction took over). I have had some side effects. But minor ones. I finally have my family back!

January 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Review by happysober (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I am an ex-heroin user for over ten long years. After many trips to jail... trying to get sober cold turkey, relapsed over and over. I tried methadone for a couple years weaned off and relapsed again. After losing my mother and having a daughter of my own and another trip to detox I finally found Suboxone. Now clean for 2 and half years I'm coming off slowly. It's scary because I'm so used to being "on" something but its honestly worked the best for me. I would refer Suboxone to anyone ready to get their life back. Thanks Suboxone.. 2 and half years sober and counting.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2013 11:04 PM

Review by JudyC. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Opiate Dependence: First time I was put on Suboxone I ended up in the emergency room vomiting nonstop, after which my doctor put me on Subutex. Absolutely no problems with Subutex. Back on Suboxone now, as that seems to be the physicians' choice. Got these HORRIBLE canker sores under my tongue, which were almost unbearable. Tried everything on the market for the sores and finally had to stop taking it. Read that only a very small percentage of people have the sore mouth problem (why did I have to be one of them). Suboxone worked fine after the dose was lowered, except for the mouth sores.

December 19, 2012 10:54 PM

For Opiate Dependence: I went from taking 400Mg morphine, 80Mg Oxycodone daily. To taking nothing for one day, it was hell. The following day my Dr started me on 16Mg of Suboxone. Right away the urges just went away like I've never even taken opioids. I recommend everyone with pill problems please ask you Dr. about Suboxone. I lost my wife and two kids over pills its just not worth it.

November 13, 2012 1:12 PM

Review by elmo&mickey11 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I had a very bad addiction to morphine and methadone. I didn't think anything was ever going to help me to get better. I started the Suboxone and have been clean for almost 2 yrs now. It's amazing how far I've come. I have twins, new house, new car, and on my way to getting back to school. But it only works if you really want to stop your bad habits.

October 21, 2012 10:52 PM

Review by HAPPY OLIVER (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Dependence: After using this medicine and knowing how well it works I wish I had started on it years ago instead of letting my life almost slip away. Thanks to my husband, without him I could never have got off the pills and started the Suboxone. Now I have my life back. Take my advice if you need to get off opiates at least give Suboxone a chance.

October 16, 2012 5:28 PM

For Opiate Dependence: I have been addicted to hydrocodone for 10 years; and recently my propensity to take a handful at a time almost killed me leading to my colon being. Removed due to ischemic colitis, coma, and 8 weeks in hospital. I just went on Suboxone and am amazed at how well I am feeling. My body cannot take either the acetoaminophen or the withdrawals so Suboxone was my only hope. I recently had a withdrawal event that landed me back in hospital for 10 days due to dehydration and malnourishment. My nurse told me about Suboxone and as soon as I was discharged I went for it. I am so glad I did. I never thought that hydrocodone could cause an illness like mine but it did. I can have life now due to Suboxone.

October 9, 2012 6:20 PM