Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Opiate Dependence 355 reviews 6 medications

9.2
Summary of Suboxone reviews 355 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Suboxone

Review by Renee ann: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Been on Suboxone for 4 yrs now! It's been the best thing I've ever done for myself! Thank-You

February 16, 2013 1:42 AM
Review by BIGMIKE1234: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was addicted to pills for 3 years. Started as a few Vicodin a day to 25 Percocets a day at the end. I have been on Subutex for 2 weeks and I must say it saved my life. NO CRAVINGS at all! The first few days I had mild headaches but they went away by day 4. I'm currently taking a total of 8 mg a day and it is plenty. This is truly a miracle. My wife is happy and I can play with my son again without popping pills to get out of bed. The only bad thing is my insurance won't cover it but the $50 a week is a lot less than the $500-600 a week I was spending before. THANK YOU SUBUTEX!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 20, 2013 10:33 PM
Review by mickyminas: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: This is my personal experience of Suboxone. Now 54, been an addict on heroin until a year ago, done 3 detox clinics absolute no luck but learnt a lot from them. Don't knock it but as for Suboxone I honestly thought I would not see change but wow it kills cravings and the lot. Was an addict for ages and this has totally changed my life. What more can I say. Get on it people before you lose everything like I did.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 17, 2013 11:33 AM
Review by Sam3990 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have been clean now for 114 days. Before Suboxone I had given up on everything. Myself, my kids, and my husband. When I first used Suboxone I started with 4mg. I had a horrible reaction to it. Everything was slow motion, I was vomiting, sweating, nodding in and out, aches and pains everywhere, the scariest part was the hard time breathing. Its like I forgot to breath. My clinic doctor had never seen or heard of a reaction like that. I refused to give up though, after 5-7 days I had finally felt like me (before my addiction took over). I have had some side effects. But minor ones. I finally have my family back!

January 15, 2013 12:07 PM
Review by happysober (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I am an ex-heroin user for over ten long years. After many trips to jail... trying to get sober cold turkey, relapsed over and over. I tried methadone for a couple years weaned off and relapsed again. After losing my mother and having a daughter of my own and another trip to detox I finally found Suboxone. Now clean for 2 and half years I'm coming off slowly. It's scary because I'm so used to being "on" something but its honestly worked the best for me. I would refer Suboxone to anyone ready to get their life back. Thanks Suboxone.. 2 and half years sober and counting.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2013 11:04 PM
Review by JudyC. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: First time I was put on Suboxone I ended up in the emergency room vomiting nonstop, after which my doctor put me on Subutex. Absolutely no problems with Subutex. Back on Suboxone now, as that seems to be the physicians' choice. Got these HORRIBLE canker sores under my tongue, which were almost unbearable. Tried everything on the market for the sores and finally had to stop taking it. Read that only a very small percentage of people have the sore mouth problem (why did I have to be one of them). Suboxone worked fine after the dose was lowered, except for the mouth sores.

December 19, 2012 10:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I went from taking 400Mg morphine, 80Mg Oxycodone daily. To taking nothing for one day, it was hell. The following day my Dr started me on 16Mg of Suboxone. Right away the urges just went away like I've never even taken opioids. I recommend everyone with pill problems please ask you Dr. about Suboxone. I lost my wife and two kids over pills its just not worth it.

November 13, 2012 1:12 PM
Review by elmo&mickey11 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I had a very bad addiction to morphine and methadone. I didn't think anything was ever going to help me to get better. I started the Suboxone and have been clean for almost 2 yrs now. It's amazing how far I've come. I have twins, new house, new car, and on my way to getting back to school. But it only works if you really want to stop your bad habits.

October 21, 2012 10:52 PM
Review by HAPPY OLIVER (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: After using this medicine and knowing how well it works I wish I had started on it years ago instead of letting my life almost slip away. Thanks to my husband, without him I could never have got off the pills and started the Suboxone. Now I have my life back. Take my advice if you need to get off opiates at least give Suboxone a chance.

October 16, 2012 5:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have been addicted to hydrocodone for 10 years; and recently my propensity to take a handful at a time almost killed me leading to my colon being. Removed due to ischemic colitis, coma, and 8 weeks in hospital. I just went on Suboxone and am amazed at how well I am feeling. My body cannot take either the acetoaminophen or the withdrawals so Suboxone was my only hope. I recently had a withdrawal event that landed me back in hospital for 10 days due to dehydration and malnourishment. My nurse told me about Suboxone and as soon as I was discharged I went for it. I am so glad I did. I never thought that hydrocodone could cause an illness like mine but it did. I can have life now due to Suboxone.

October 9, 2012 6:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I went on this kicking and screaming. Very skeptical. It saved my life. Minimal withdrawal from 6mg - 1mg. Only symptoms from 1 - 0mg were insomnia, sneezed & RLS at night, with SLIGHT agitation. Could have been a cold. NO rebound opiate depression & no other symptoms. Sleep normal within 1 week.

October 8, 2012 7:32 PM
Review by Jss127: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: At first I was skeptical of taking this only for the fact it was too good to be true. I've noticed a few things I'm not particular fond of with this medicine,but am happy to not be searching for opiates everyday.

September 15, 2012 3:33 PM
Review by jrodg31: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was put on Suboxone 2mg about 2 years ago for opiate dependence. When my back pain got really bad. I went to a Dr. who dealt with addicts and with their chronic pain. He put me on the 8mg films and since then life has become much better. This just not take's away the cravings, but also takes the pain.

September 13, 2012 11:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I started suboxone about 2 years ago after a nasty pill addiction. It works great. No cravings whatsoever and lets you live and maintain. It doesn't get you high if you have a tolerance but it does pick you up and make you feel better after you take it. I would recommend any opiate addict that has struggled for awhile and tried other treatment methods (rapid detox, 12 step programs, therapy) to give this a try.

September 5, 2012 9:39 PM
Review by Happy to be free (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I started out taking 8 Vicodins a day and after awhile I was a full blown addict taking up to 15 pills every 5 hrs a day close to 50 a day, really bad could not do anything without pills. Started getting really sick every two weeks skin turning yellow liver was hurting I was in very bad shape sex drive was gone my whole life was based around pain pills spending up to $500.00 every 3 days you get the point. Then one day I found out about Suboxone, made an appointment with a doctor that prescribed it, waited 2 days to take it and let me tell you it saved my life.

September 2, 2012 2:22 AM
Review by Angellf (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: They have kept me clean from heroin and other opiates for 5 years in which time I earned an associates degree with a double major and was accepted to Rutgers where I will receive my bachelors degree next year. I am also a CADC or licensed drug and alcohol counselor now. No more needles, days throwing up with aching bones in bed instead of playing with my children. I'm a true miracle.

September 1, 2012 6:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: This stuff works! I didn't have to worry about being pulled over by cops with pills on me anymore. It got me out of bed to go do what it was I needed to do to get clean, even eventually get off Suboxone.

August 19, 2012 6:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone): I am 27 years old and today is my 3rd day on Suboxone. My life before was hell. I ceased to function without pain pills. I would go through a bottle of 90 Percocet 10s in less than 48 hours and was using fentanyl patches. I lost my mother last year to a drug overdose and I myself have overdosed twice. With Suboxone I feel like me again. I feel like a 10 year long battle with addiction is over.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 10, 2012 9:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Suboxone saved my life. And that's a fact. Thank you Suboxone for helping me see through my daily Loracet dependence!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 24, 2012 4:01 PM
Review by subzero58 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was on morphine for 4 1/2 years. I could not eat, sleep or do much of anything. Almost 3 years ago I asked my pain management doctor to help me out of that living hell. 10 days into rehab the doctors could not find a medication that could help with my pain issues. That's the first time I ever heard of Suboxone. I stayed for 18 more days learning all I could about this new medication. Let me just say that Suboxone helps with my pain and is giving me my life back one day at a time. I thank my doctors and Suboxone for all that it has given me. I found a Suboxone group and counseling in my area that understands my need to stay on this medication. I have been off all other pain medicines for 3 years and would not change a thing.

July 19, 2012 4:57 PM
Review by BarbaraG. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: It works well so I am not going through withdrawal symptoms but it does NOT work on any pain issues that I have.

June 12, 2012 11:24 AM
Review by jchica1014: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Suboxone is the best thing that ever happens to me! Before Suboxone I was on pills doing bad things that I would never do! I have 4 wonderful children that I lost due to my drug use! Pills were number one, my kids and family and loved ones came last. I lost everything, myself, my kids, my family and the one man I loved so much. Then I found hope I found a Doctor that said I want you to try a pill called Suboxone and to be honest it saved my life. I no longer use pills I am on Suboxone daily. I am on the right track I am going to outpatient daily. I go to meetings and I take my medication the right way. I am on the right track to getting my 4 great kids back but most important me back. If I can do it anyone can.

May 28, 2012 12:30 PM
Review by MeganRSlater (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: My doctor will not let you on it longer than 2 1/2 years. HE uses it for the purpose of getting your life back not a life time of medication taking.

May 22, 2012 10:03 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: After having a spinal cord injury, I was placed on very high doses of Pxycontin. The "long term" pain management plan was for me to continue on Pxycontin and at some point move down to Percocet. Indefinitely I guess. Oxycontin made me feel horrible. I just wanted to sleep all the time. The pain wasn't as bad, but then again, nothing else was either...I was a walking zombie. I was finally referred to a doctor that had used Suboxone to treat long term pain issues. Within one week of starting Suboxone, I felt like I had my life back. I was able to wean down to a dose that works for me, and have no plans of discontinuing use.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 2, 2012 11:10 PM
Review by BobOrr: User Rating:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: It works. No more cravings, no more stealing. The best part is I do not even miss the heroin. It does have side effects, I have a problem concentrating when I am on it. It also gets me constipated. I take Mylax daily to prevent that. It is amazing how I no longer crave opiates! None! Thank God for this as my life was spiraling out of control.

May 1, 2012 5:17 PM