User Reviews for Saphris

Learn more about Saphris.

Saphris review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Saphris to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Review by heids:

I had very sudden onset post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and psychotic depression. What absolute hell I was going through for a good 18 months of doctors experimenting with different medicines on me. All the other antipsychotics had bad effects on me and made my depression worse. My last admission to hospital was for my own safety and as a last ditch effort when I was suicidal my psychiatrist thought we'd try Saphris. Within 4 days I noticed a complete change for the better. It helps me sleep but I suspect it also takes away a bit of my drive to exercise which I hate because I used to work in the fitness industry. I do take 2 other medicines so it could be the combination. Generally a positive experience with this medication.

December 18, 2013 11:21 PM

Review by jozey:

I have been on medication for over 23 years and Saphris is a far better antipsychotic I have ever been prescribed. I feel more motivated, more social, my weight hasn't changed and am now enjoying life unlike the many years I spent on Largactil and other antipsychotics. I have also felt benefits in my sleeping pattern. Use this medicine right and you wont believe the change. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder but also use an antidepressant too.

November 22, 2013 4:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I waited 3 weeks to write a review cause I was sceptical. After trying so many antidepressant and having the the reversed effect this is the one. I suffer from sever anxiety and PTSD. I take 5mg at night cause it does hit you like a rock. I tried the recommended dose 10mg after a week and it was too much. The taste is annoying but I will deal with that. I am able to concentrate and get things done. I exercise 5xs a week so I have not gained weight. My eating habits are fair so it's diffinatly the exercise. I been trying to find the right drug for 4 years and nothing helped. I do also take klonopin but since I have started saphris it's been reduced it to half of what I used to take. This med has helped me with my anticipatory anxiety

October 28, 2013 5:52 PM

Review by Peachespie:

I have been on this medication for 4 days now & I can't believe how at peace I finally feel after years of trying every pill combination possible by my dr to get me well. My racing thoughts are gone. My OCD is under control. I noticed even with little OCD problems I have it's as if my mind says "enough" & I'm satisfied. I'm was never satisfied before & in just 4 days these are my results. I also suffer from extrem anxiety and ADD I'm taking intuniv in the am & it's a great combanation off me. Is this too good to be true??!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 7:41 PM

Review by GrannyKat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Saphris for about 5 weeks. I started at a low dose, 5mg at bedtime and just increased to 10mg a couple days ago. I love this medicine! I sleep at night and wake up feeling good in the morning, I haven't experienced that in YEARS! My PTSD episodes have greatly decreased in intensity, duration and how often they occur. I really do feel like a new woman!

March 10, 2013 8:11 PM

I have post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder, and depression. My doctor started me on Saphris almost a week ago and as of this time I'm getting more sleep than I have in years! I'm very happy with the performance of this medicine.

October 17, 2012 6:45 PM

I have had depression and anxiety panic disorder, suicidal thoughts and post traumatic stress disorder for about 25 years. I've tried pretty much every medicine you can think of for these conditions. When I started on Saphris I started feeling better after the fourth day. I actually felt a little manic because I was cleaning my house like a normal person. I thought this could be it. Finally. It has been a miracle for me, I have nothing negative to say about this medicine it's wonderful.

April 24, 2012 7:09 PM

Feeling so much better since I started it. But, I do get the urge to eat within a half hour of taking. Also, I have pretty severe hyperprolactenemia. My breasts are swollen and painful. Had to buy a super large bra.

September 7, 2011 9:48 AM

Review by Mirrorpoet:

Can't give a real good rate for this drug since I'm only taking it for the 2nd time today. It tastes bad, tongue numb for a few minutes after taking it. So far it is just making me tired and loopy and having some gas tonight. But then I have been very very tired for many months now and perhaps the extra sleep this allows will help me get back to normal again. I have had noises, shadows, and racing thoughts and flash backs to deal with that may have been due to anxiety etc.. Hope I don't have stomach upset in future as someone else mentioned that happening to them. I will have to return and give a new rating after I've been on this a while longer.

March 13, 2010 10:13 PM