User Reviews for Eliquis

Learn more about Eliquis.

Pulmonary Embolism 2 reviews 15 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis 3 reviews 19 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 12 reviews 40 medications

6.1
Summary of Eliquis reviews 17 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Eliquis

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Cardiologist put me on eliquis for A flutter about 4 months ago Have no symptoms or problems with a flutter. If they didn't tell me I had it, I wouldn't know I had it. At first I felt tired and no energy. They said that could be due to A flutter. That has gotten better. I'm 70' so it could be just my age slowing me down. I go to the gym, work with a personal trainer, and he says for my age, I am inn excellent shape. I play softball. I have no side effects of Eliquis so far. Maybe I bruise easier than before, but it goes away. Minor cuts don't seem to bleed any more than when I was on low dose aspirin. I still want to get off of it, so I am going to a cardio physicist to see if he can cure the flutter."

Jhawk123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I am 64 with AFib. I have been taking Eliquis for 6 weeks and it is the only med I take. Side effects are heightened skin sensitivity, and retro ejaculation. Not sure about shortness of breath and exhaustion."

4527Redcar (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "My experience with Eliquis was AMAZING! I had no side effects whatsoever. I switched to Eliquis from Xarelto. On Xarelto, after 3 weeks I was in so much pain from head to toe, a deep arthritis type of pain and such severely deep menstruation even though I had started menopause 6 months before starting on Xarelto. I'm so thankful for Eliquis!"

Pat Woods 1900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I'm 21. Despite being active managed to get a DVT in last weeks of pregnancy. Was on fragmin injections then was swapped to this tablet 5mg twice a day. Not noticed any physical changes to my affected leg swelling is still apparent. Feel dizzy and on the verge of fainting more than three times a day..thats the side effect I have had."

jjileshashay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I have been on Eliquis 5 months for a saddle pulmonary Embolism in November, unable to breath, chest pressure, exhaustion and was treated finally by Eliquis. However after three and a half months I have been loosing hair at a rapid rate. Feeling better however the hair loss and swollen legs and insomnia are extremely disheartening and scary. I hope I will get my hair back after treatment and legs will not swell any longer. Hoping someone else has the same experience and can offer me consolation. thank you"

DorothyR27 March 4, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Young user (27 years of age), second DVT. Highly active. No apparent side effects."

bObb8 February 25, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I'm 81yr old female was put on Eliquis 5 wks for Af and I've had Severe stomach pain. Which I've had a bad pancreas before this but my pain has increased by at least 50% and lots of short term memory loss. I'm looking at getting off this medicine because I just can't handle the stomach pain. Good luck to everyone ."

Doris Jean K February 13, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I had a brief episode of a-fib following severe pneumonia, so the docs put me on Eliquis and have insisted I stick with it despite the fact my a-fib resolved on its own two weeks after multiple failed cardioversion attempts and a course of amiodarone. Now I find myself having dark, very bloody bowel movements accompanied by severe abdominal cramping. Yuck. I have IBS, but this is different. Time to insist my docs take me off of it?"

pxinaz January 13, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "75 yrs.old very active runner and skier,suffered first AF and minor TIA in April 15 left with only slight speech impediment and some short term memory loss- put on eliquis 5 mg -no side effects at all- told to resume all my activities and return for routine blood tests in a year."

victor75 November 29, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "No problems with it. Glad I don't need to do monthly blood tests like coumarin. I had to go off pain medication for arthritis due to risk of bleeding so that is a problem."

Edwina 789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I am experiencing significant pain/aching in my lower back from this drug."

Dave66 October 30, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "i have AF Was on Aspirin Doctor wanted me on Warfarin Tried it, my AF came back, after six weeks and lots of blood tests my INR rate was still 1, knowing some of the worst case side effects I was not happy to be on it. On Aspirin I had a life On Warfarin, warfarin took over my life Could not drink or eat certain foods Could not take anti inflamatories (for Rhu Arthritis, taken as and when required, not regularly) Worry about cranial bleeds brought on by taking Warfarin Too much worry Complained to the Dr that she had not explained the alternatives properly to me Was put on Apixaban at my request Also as a back up was put on a Betablocker, as advised by a Dr in A and E after a scary AF attack Now three months on Apixaban and life is good"

Babcha June 17, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I am 84. After two atrial fibrillation incidents that were two years apart, my Dr. prescribed Eliquix; one 5mg pill once a day. After ingesting the first pill at 8:00 am, by 11:00 am I was dizzy and just felt lousy. I emailed my doctor, suggesting that I take only half a pill a day. She agreed. After two weeks of feeling lousy, I awoke one morning with my right eye severely reddened and the right side of my head throbbing. It was a weekend, so I went to Urgent Care; they did and echo cardiogram, which showed I was pretty OK. Before I went home, I told the Doctor that I would never again take Eliquis. She didn't like that. But I went back on my old Metformin/aspirin regime and after six months I am OK."

eddygo2 May 5, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have been on Eliquis now for four months. Indication: Acute Pulmonary Embolism (PE) ; Source: Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). In addition, I initially had briefly Atrial Fibrillation (AF), triggered by the PE, but this was gone the next day. My truly emergency treatment was 72 hours of intravenous heparin started in the ICU of my hospital, switching to oral Eliquis on the 4th day. Sad to say, my Medicare Part D formulary will require my switch to another equivalent drug after covering Eliquis through this month. Not to worry, there are three effective and FDA approved drugs in this category of Factor Xa inhibitors of coagulation (clotting) and I can safely switch to the one covered in my Medicare D plan next month."

EBR MD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "No side effects at all."

Mark k. February 18, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking Eliquis for eight months now. I have been in and out of atrial fibrillation, and have had no problems with Eliquis. None of the side effects have appeared for me. It is easy to use and a huge improvement over warfarin."

Totoro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2014

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have Atrial Fibrillation and thought I would try Eliquis due to its superior safety protocol. I have only been on it for 2 weeks but after the first several days, I have noticed an increasing burning/flushing sensation similar to a sun burn over most of my body. I have not had any gastrointestinal upset. I will continue to take Eliquis for a few more days but may have to discontinue it."

Delroy November 26, 2013