User Reviews for Eliquis

Learn more about Eliquis.

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 5 reviews 40 medications

5.2
Deep Vein Thrombosis 0 reviews 20 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pulmonary Embolism 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Venous Thromboembolism 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Eliquis reviews 5 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Eliquis

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I am 84. After two atrial fibrillation incidents that were two years apart, my Dr. prescribed Eliquix; one 5mg pill once a day. After ingesting the first pill at 8:00 am, by 11:00 am I was dizzy and just felt lousy. I emailed my doctor, suggesting that I take only half a pill a day. She agreed. After two weeks of feeling lousy, I awoke one morning with my right eye severely reddened and the right side of my head throbbing. It was a weekend, so I went to Urgent Care; they did and echo cardiogram, which showed I was pretty OK. Before I went home, I told the Doctor that I would never again take Eliquis. She didn't like that. But I went back on my old Metformin/aspirin regime and after six months I am OK."

eddygo2 May 5, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have been on Eliquis now for four months. Indication: Acute Pulmonary Embolism (PE) ; Source: Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). In addition, I initially had briefly Atrial Fibrillation (AF), triggered by the PE, but this was gone the next day. My truly emergency treatment was 72 hours of intravenous heparin started in the ICU of my hospital, switching to oral Eliquis on the 4th day. Sad to say, my Medicare Part D formulary will require my switch to another equivalent drug after covering Eliquis through this month. Not to worry, there are three effective and FDA approved drugs in this category of Factor Xa inhibitors of coagulation (clotting) and I can safely switch to the one covered in my Medicare D plan next month."

EBR MD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "No side effects at all."

Mark k. February 18, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking Eliquis for eight months now. I have been in and out of atrial fibrillation, and have had no problems with Eliquis. None of the side effects have appeared for me. It is easy to use and a huge improvement over warfarin."

Totoro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have Atrial Fibrillation and thought I would try Eliquis due to its superior safety protocol. I have only been on it for 2 weeks but after the first several days, I have noticed an increasing burning/flushing sensation similar to a sun burn over most of my body. I have not had any gastrointestinal upset. I will continue to take Eliquis for a few more days but may have to discontinue it."

Delroy November 26, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate