User Reviews for Eliquis

Learn more about Eliquis.

Eliquis Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Eliquis to treat Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation

"I'm 81yr old female was put on Eliquis 5 wks for Af and I've had Severe stomach pain. Which I've had a bad pancreas before this but my pain has increased by at least 50% and lots of short term memory loss. I'm looking at getting off this medicine because I just can't handle the stomach pain. Good luck to everyone ."

Doris Jean K February 13, 2016

"I had a brief episode of a-fib following severe pneumonia, so the docs put me on Eliquis and have insisted I stick with it despite the fact my a-fib resolved on its own two weeks after multiple failed cardioversion attempts and a course of amiodarone. Now I find myself having dark, very bloody bowel movements accompanied by severe abdominal cramping. Yuck. I have IBS, but this is different. Time to insist my docs take me off of it?"

pxinaz January 13, 2016

"75 yrs.old very active runner and skier,suffered first AF and minor TIA in April 15 left with only slight speech impediment and some short term memory loss- put on eliquis 5 mg -no side effects at all- told to resume all my activities and return for routine blood tests in a year."

victor75 November 29, 2015

"No problems with it. Glad I don't need to do monthly blood tests like coumarin. I had to go off pain medication for arthritis due to risk of bleeding so that is a problem."

Edwina 789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

"i have AF Was on Aspirin Doctor wanted me on Warfarin Tried it, my AF came back, after six weeks and lots of blood tests my INR rate was still 1, knowing some of the worst case side effects I was not happy to be on it. On Aspirin I had a life On Warfarin, warfarin took over my life Could not drink or eat certain foods Could not take anti inflamatories (for Rhu Arthritis, taken as and when required, not regularly) Worry about cranial bleeds brought on by taking Warfarin Too much worry Complained to the Dr that she had not explained the alternatives properly to me Was put on Apixaban at my request Also as a back up was put on a Betablocker, as advised by a Dr in A and E after a scary AF attack Now three months on Apixaban and life is good"

Babcha June 17, 2015

"I am 84. After two atrial fibrillation incidents that were two years apart, my Dr. prescribed Eliquix; one 5mg pill once a day. After ingesting the first pill at 8:00 am, by 11:00 am I was dizzy and just felt lousy. I emailed my doctor, suggesting that I take only half a pill a day. She agreed. After two weeks of feeling lousy, I awoke one morning with my right eye severely reddened and the right side of my head throbbing. It was a weekend, so I went to Urgent Care; they did and echo cardiogram, which showed I was pretty OK. Before I went home, I told the Doctor that I would never again take Eliquis. She didn't like that. But I went back on my old Metformin/aspirin regime and after six months I am OK."

eddygo2 May 5, 2015

"I have been on Eliquis now for four months. Indication: Acute Pulmonary Embolism (PE) ; Source: Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). In addition, I initially had briefly Atrial Fibrillation (AF), triggered by the PE, but this was gone the next day. My truly emergency treatment was 72 hours of intravenous heparin started in the ICU of my hospital, switching to oral Eliquis on the 4th day. Sad to say, my Medicare Part D formulary will require my switch to another equivalent drug after covering Eliquis through this month. Not to worry, there are three effective and FDA approved drugs in this category of Factor Xa inhibitors of coagulation (clotting) and I can safely switch to the one covered in my Medicare D plan next month."

EBR MD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

"No side effects at all."

Mark k. February 18, 2015

"I have been taking Eliquis for eight months now. I have been in and out of atrial fibrillation, and have had no problems with Eliquis. None of the side effects have appeared for me. It is easy to use and a huge improvement over warfarin."

Totoro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2014

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have Atrial Fibrillation and thought I would try Eliquis due to its superior safety protocol. I have only been on it for 2 weeks but after the first several days, I have noticed an increasing burning/flushing sensation similar to a sun burn over most of my body. I have not had any gastrointestinal upset. I will continue to take Eliquis for a few more days but may have to discontinue it."

Delroy November 26, 2013

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate