User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Strep Throat.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Strep Throat

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine worked to clear up sinus and chest infection within 4 days but my sense of taste is gone. Everything tastes blend or not right. Only sweet things are flavorful. Must be the Augmentin. On 10 day course.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2014 12:25 PM

Review by strep:

My Dr told me to drink it down with water and then eat yogurt or probiotic an hour after each dose and I never got sick and she said if you don't drink enough water you will get the runs , so I drank tons and never got it , I am too happy .I had been suffering for two months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 1:03 PM

Review by S. RICHARD RAJ:

My worst nightmare started with uncontrollable sneezing in the evening which later developed into severe throat pain and musculoskeletal pain with temperatures shooting up to 103. The physician (whom I consulted in the absence of my family physician) prescribed cefixime and Azithromycin (200 500) combination twice a day, but the progress was very slow with the temp remaining high at 103. Fortunately, my physician returned and I consulted again and was prescribed Augmentin 625 twice a day for 3 days. Within a day, I found excellent improvement and the second day the strep pharyngitis completely subsided.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2014 9:25 AM

The throat pain is gone but have serious diarrhea. However have been wondering about implications in breastfeeding.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2012 11:43 AM

Review by Bbaird (taken for less than 1 month):

This is only my second day on the medicine. The swelling and pain has gone down dramatically however the side effects are bad. Horrible cramping, abdominal pain and of course, wretched diarrhea. Like I said, I'm only on my second day, let's just hope this doesn't last much longer.

May 4, 2012 10:40 AM

Day 2 symptoms improved probably 50%, no adverse side effects at all.

April 11, 2012 9:51 PM

Review by Bill Granger:

On day 1, no change in the symptoms. Day 2: I got diarrhea. Day: 3 no more fever and pain relief, diarrhea reduces as well. Day 4: No fever, no diarrhea and a little headache. Days 5 to 7: I forgot I was sick, had to put reminders on the phone in order to remember to follow the 7 days prescription. Worked for me.

January 5, 2012 11:29 PM

Review by Koobi:

Very good

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2011 11:20 AM

Review by JENBY:

In 2 days I feel 80% better! I did have some cramping and diarrhea, it has almost stopped. On 3rd day now-pretty strong medicine.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2011 7:11 AM

This cleared my throat infection within 2 days and made me feel so much better pretty quickly as far as temperature and discomfort were concerned. However, I did vomit with it and felt nauseous for about an hour and a half after taking it. The diarrhoea is still with me on day 4.

August 30, 2009 3:53 AM

This medication did clear up my strep throat within the first couple days being on it. However the side effects were horrible. I had watery diarrhea for like 3 days, I always felt nausea after taking it even with food, and I had strong stomach pains. Also by the 4th day on it I had a yeast infection.

July 24, 2009 9:53 AM