User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 108 medications used in the treatment of Otitis Media.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Otitis Media

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This was prescribed to treat a case of pediatric otitis media. It helped to partially clear the infection but did not completely eradicate it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2011 10:31 PM
Review by Side effectsS: User Rating:

I recently started a prescription of Augmentin, and the day after I started the prescription started having issues with an erection (not being able to have one).

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2011 1:16 PM
Review by Lili's Mom: User Rating:

My daughter has had multiple middle ear infections. She was put on Augmentin for the last infection. After two days on this medication, she had severe diarrhea and a yeast infection. We called the doctor and had them switch her to something different.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2010 12:38 PM
Review by AOM: User Rating:

For my son, who got multiple ear infections, Augmentin worked well. We always increase his yogurt intake while on antibiotics and he's has little to no trouble with this side effect. Seems to taste Okay to him too. good drug...try to be proactive about the diarrhea and/or yeast infection with porbiotics and taking the med with food. my two cents...

November 7, 2009 8:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Medicine worked great to clear up my ear infection, but I had a severe rash as a side effect and had to stop taking it. I had no respiratory reaction or other symptoms of allergic reaction.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 13, 2009 8:01 AM
Review by NE: User Rating:

My 17 month old son gets many ear infections. After 8 days on this one he had an allergic reaction. The doctors in ER told us he is allergic to Penicillin. Also, his ear infection didn't clear-up with this antibiotic. Maybe others will have better luck.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 25, 2009 11:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My daughter gets a lot of ear infections and this medicine is the only one that works.

March 20, 2008 1:15 AM