User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Bronchitis

Review by msdulce (taken for less than 1 month):

This is the second time I have been on this medicine for bronchitis. The first time around it worked great but this time not so fast. I have been on it for 4 days and my symptoms are still the same just not as intense.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by Dodieellen:

I am on it now, and have taken it before. I've had great results with it, and no diarrhea.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 12:28 PM

Review by cabg:

Had bronchitis after five weeks from having CABG surgery. My doctor prescribed Augmentin and it worked after having the first pill. At this time I am in my second day and the fever is gone minor cough and to my surprise my sinuses are clearing too since I have chronic sinus alergies.

April 11, 2013 2:07 AM

Review by Darine Ba:

On the 5th day, I experienced dizziness, fatigue, tachycardia and my muscles were very weak. I could barely focus and my hands were shaking.

March 5, 2013 7:42 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have taken this medication twice. Both times I developed severe diarrhea that lasted several weeks. I could not leave the house for any reason because the diarrhea was almost constant.

September 15, 2012 3:16 PM

Review by Miss Anon (taken for less than 1 month):

Augmentin helped my bronchitis, but quickly gave me diarrhea, then by the 5th day it gave me genital dermatitis! May work for some without such severe side-effects.

August 13, 2012 3:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Went to urgent care for chronic bronchitis and doc gave me Biaxin which I told him it did not work in past...fever elevated two degrees in two days..went back he gave me doxycycline which eventually stopped the yellow mucus production for a few days then right back. I went to my own doctor this morning and she gave me Augmentin. Have an allergy to Avelox. After one dose I can tell this is working better than doxycycline did in two days so definitely recommend.

August 3, 2012 5:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Started to work RIGHT AWAY.

July 13, 2012 12:25 PM

Awesome. Biaxin failed, Augmentin worked.

April 25, 2012 3:07 PM

Cleared up a bad case of bronchitis in a week and only side effects were some coughing an hr or so after taking it as all the bacteria was dying and body getting rid of it in the mucus. Take it with food and a lot of water. It works excellent, side effects are very minor and you should also consider taking a probiotic during and after using it just take a few hrs before or after it. Very effective antibiotic!

April 15, 2012 6:29 PM

Worked well and quickly. Only down side is it caused diarrhea and stomach cramps.

November 12, 2011 2:49 AM

Every spring and fall in Dallas everyone gets allergies. This always turns into a sinus infection and bronchitis in a week or two and this medication takes care of it without any other complications.

April 10, 2011 10:43 AM

My son is always taking Augmentin because of his bronchitis attacks. It has always worked within days on my son and I would recommend this for any children.

February 13, 2011 11:41 PM

Severe diarrhea within 36 hours of starting. 875 mg twice a day.

March 26, 2010 7:54 PM

Review by slancio:

This is the best antibiotic for the treatment of sinusitis and bronchitis. ALL antibiotics can give you diarrhea because they also can destroy the 'good' bacteria in your gut. You can alleviate this by taking a pro-biotic in small doses, or just have some yogurt for breakfast.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2009 3:41 AM

Worked well for me with no side effects.

February 28, 2009 9:47 PM

This medicine gave me diarrhea.

January 30, 2009 9:45 AM