User Reviews for Amlodipine / benazepril

Also known as: Amlobenz, Lotrel

Learn more about Amlodipine/benazepril.

High Blood Pressure 34 reviews 207 medications

7.1
Summary of Amlodipine/benazepril reviews 34 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Amlodipine/benazepril

For High Blood Pressure: "58 y/o black female, not overweight 5'8 150 have used 5/10mg since first diagnosed around age 45. No issues, no weight gain I'd attribute to this. I did weigh about 140 when I started this. No headaches, joint pain etc. so has worked for me. BP often under 130/85. I sometimes wonder if I dont even need it anymore, but doctor doesn't want me to stop."

MTS (taken for 10 years or more) April 29, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking 5/40 for 3 yrs, with great results till the brand changed. My blood pressure has been dropping too much now, and I have been experiencing dizzy spells and light headedness."

ESCHUR August 15, 2014

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 58 year old male having been on Lotrel 10-20mg for several years now. I have not had any side effects, with this medication and have seen it is controlling my high blood pressure."

dgames July 7, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication was working great with an occasional headache then menopause started and my internal medicine doctors switched my blood pressure meds to clonidine and now I'm tired all the time, and have gained 30 pounds in two months. My memory is getting worse and I'm slightly depressed. I think I would rather deal with the hot flashes, occasional headache, along with swelling ankles and energy. I'm weaning myself of clonidine and going back to amlodipine besylate and hydrochlorothiazide today."

the other z September 22, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken Lotrel for a few weeks... Endless palpitations, chest tightness, and anxiety. Will get off this medicine."

Irenice March 31, 2013

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Lotrel for 3 weeks and I'm having several side effects. I'm very lethargic, no energy (no energy to exercise), I even fall asleep an hour after taking the medicine, depressed, my head tingles, my fasting glucose has risen at least 10 points and the worst is I have gained 15 pounds! I had lost 30lbs and maintained since August. It was difficult and the weight loss was slow. My eating hasn't increased. My husband agrees. Morbid obesity can raise your blood pressure. This medicine is pulling my blood pressure down but the side effects are essentially making things worse. This medication isn't a good fit for me."

1freddy (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Amlodipine/benazepril for over six months and I experience knee pain, swelling of feet, and hands daily. Before this medicine I used to walk 4 miles per day, I can barely walk two miles due to the pain in my knees. Although it has reduced my blood pressure, I cannot handle the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2012

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I tried several other medicines, but Lotrel seems to be very effective in lowering my blood pressure. I have a had no side effects. I am 49 years old and Africian American. On this medicine 10 months now."

HFNorthC March 9, 2012

For : "This medication has helped my blood pressure to go down. However, my knees are so sore as if I have been hiking in the mountains. "

Anonymous February 5, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on several medicines for high blood pressure including: amlodipine-benazapril 5/20, Coreg, lisinopril, clonidine hydrochlorothiazide and finally it was the combination of clonidine 0.2 twice a day with 25 mg of hydrochlorothiazide once daily. My blood pressure was running 214/180- 191. Now its MUCH lower around 145/95 ish. Hope this helps. It took forever for them to find something that was effective for pain induced high blood pressure. Good Luck Folks."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I tried four medicines before amlodipine/benazepril. I am 40 year old female. I run 20 miles a week and do yoga twice a week. I have not had any muscle or joint issues. I have had swollen and tender gums and a bad taste in my mouth that compels me to chew gum at all times (besides while I am sleeping or eating). It was the first medicine to bring down my blood pressure. So, I hope to stay on it and hope the side effects simmer down."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "Developed severe nocturnal leg cramps. Occured nightly between 5am and 7am. After 3 months I discontinued and went back to Diltiazem. Cramps stopped next day."

Gmmk August 2, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 5/20MG generic made by Teva for several years without any problems. Last week I got a new refill and Medco changed the generic provided to Par and this version of the product does not seem to reduce my high blood pressure."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "Just started using this medicine 5/10 mg 3 days ago. Causes severe dizziness and coughing. Can't function well because of dizziness and feel very uncomfortable because of it. Coughing wakes both me and my husband up at night. "

Anonymous February 7, 2011

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "Been taking for 5/40 10 years. no problems at all and keeps the pressure down."

Anonymous January 11, 2011

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on lotrel for three years. I never had knee problems but never connected the medicine with the symptoms until I started searching for side effects, by others. I spoke with my doctor and he has recommended lisiniopril/hydrochlorothiazide. See if problem with knees will improve. Because knee pain is terrible!"

JOSIE L July 12, 2010

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lotrel for approximately 3/4 months. Had severe swelling and pain in legs and feet. Did not do much in making my blood pressure any lower. No longer on this medicine."

meanashair January 30, 2010

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "While I have not had any major side effects, just occasional coughing bouts, I have had a tough time losing weight...but have not gained."

Anonymous October 2, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "This drug is very effective but also very expensive."

Anonymous September 12, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine works really well. I have used the same dose for several years now."

Brownga July 16, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "Had side effects."

Anonymous July 13, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I am a 45 year old male - been on Lotrel for 3 years with no problems."

reddawk April 30, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "Great for lowering blood pressure. I have been on it for 6 years."

rushkasmom April 25, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have taken Lotrel for 9 years. It reduced my blood pressure moderately, but this month I went to the emergency room with severe swelling of my face and my lips were huge. Was told to get off Lotrel since this ACE inhibitor can cause angioedema which was the diagnosis. Have also had tingling of the lips and tongue for the last 4 years and now wonder if Lotrel contributed to that. "

Anonymous March 9, 2009

Lotrel (amlodipine / benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: "Great at lowering blood pressure (250 to 174 using 10 mg). But body aches, dull headache often noted. My doctor wanted me on 20 mg but that was too uncomfortable."

Anonymous February 25, 2009