User Reviews for Valturna

Learn more about Valturna.

Valturna review summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Valturna to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by SeshetaM:

Controlled HBP, but had diarrhea every morning when taking medication at night as instructed, followed by bloating the rest of the day. After 6 months the doctor has prescribed a different medication.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 10:35 PM

I was on Valturna for several months. It did control my blood pressure but I was having hand, feet, and leg cramping. My right arm was also hurting all the time. I was in constant pain and did not know why. Would wake up at night with charlie horses in my legs and feet. I read some reviews on it and took myself off for 3 days and had no more cramping. It was great to have my high blood pressure down but the pain was not really worth it. I called my Doctor and told her and she called me in a different prescription and so far I am doing fine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2011 7:14 PM

Controlled my blood pressure for awhile but had some mild stomach/diarrhea problems. Dr. had to double my dosage because my blood pressure increased a lot and we could not get it down. When I started the double strength 300/320, I have had diarrhea every time I take it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2011 4:56 PM

Review by RonTennessee:

8 months and no problems noticed. Blood pressure controlled well.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2011 2:42 PM

Review by tomkrenik:

I was on Valturna 300MG for six months and it did do a good job maintain my high blood pressure. While on this medicine I suffered daily unstable angina with severe attacks 1 to 3 times per day; severe sinus problems; low red blood count with mild anemia; congestion turning to pneumonia; and extreme weakness and fatigue. I accidentally ran out of the medicine for four days and all these symptoms stopped. Went off the medicine for three weeks and was a new man and felt great. My doctor didn't believe me so I went back on it and on the 3rd day had another severe angina attack. I stopped the medicine now for 3 months, no symptoms. While experiencing these symptoms I had all the heart tests including Angiogram, Stomach Endoscopy, and Gall Bladder Tests all tests were negative.

September 27, 2010 1:24 AM

Working very well to control blood pressure; but am having stomach and bowel problems. I would like to see a lower dosage available as I have to watch very closely to make sure blood pressure isn't too low.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2010 9:28 AM

So far no side effects and pressure under control for about 5 months. Others medicines failed. My doctor assured me it was good!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2010 4:57 PM

It has controlled my blood pressure very well, but I am experiencing stomach problems. I do not know if this is related yet. I will be going to the doctor to find out.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2010 11:12 PM

Controlled my high blood pressure and have had no side effects yet.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate