User Reviews for Vicodin (Page 2)

Learn more about Vicodin.

Vicodin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1849 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Vicodin to treat Pain

"Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

"Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love."

SanMeGal September 21, 2011

"I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare."

Sluggo6 September 15, 2011

"I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well."

jennpugli August 31, 2011

"Good but not very effective for me (pain related to Lupus)..especially in low doses. I've never taken opiates before and with this I still find myself in pain. I do better with Toradol."

Anonymous August 22, 2011

"I have had 3 shoulder surgeries in 16 months. My pain medications have been changed several times. I also have had gastric bypass, so this medication upsets my stomach a lot. I am working with my doctor to change me to something that protects my pouch and liver."

t1 August 18, 2011

"Vicodin is an excellent pain killer for oral or any kind of surgery to bring home. It doesn't make me sick to my stomach the way some other pain pills do. I have Fibromyalgia and CFS and took it for that type of pain but it was too short acting and I needed to keep increasing the dose. It also has a lot of Tylenol in it for long term use which can damage the liver so I'm on something else now for my Fibromyalgia pain. It does the job very well for short term pain relief."

Larrk July 24, 2011

"Built up a tolerance to it very quickly and made me itch like crazy."

Anonymous May 26, 2011

"I took it for a cracked rib. But if any of you who have been in this boat know, there is nothing you can do for a cracked rib. But taking Vicodin made the rest of my pain go away from other injuries and did make the cracked rib mush easier to deal with."

Lcpl of Marines May 15, 2011

"I have taken 4 of these pills. The first one gave me no pain relief. I took a second 3 hours later. I got pain relief, also dizziness, exhaustion, inability to sleep, crying spells. I tried two pills at bedtime hoping to get good pain relief and be able to sleep. Was up all night, restless, tossing and turning. Woke up this morning and now 10 hours after taking the medicines am still nauseated and dizzy. "

Anonymous May 13, 2011

"Works great if you have flank pain from kidney stones/Polycystic Kidney Disease!"

Anonymous March 21, 2011

"I was given Vicodin after having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. From the first day to a week later, I took half a Vicodin every 3 hours or so, and I never felt a single pain or throb. Worked great!"

kellyyyy March 13, 2011

"I had appendicitis and the pain after I had surgery was horrible. I'm the sort of person who hates taking medicine, but I gave in and took some. It worked very well. I'm not sure if it was because I couldn't sleep because of the pain or that the Vicodin made me drowsy, but I fell asleep around 30 minutes after I took it every time. A few months later when I had my wisdom teeth out, I also took Vicodin and it let me get sleep then too. No other side effects."

Anonymous February 16, 2011

"I just had some teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin. I got home and took one to relieve the pain and within 15 minutes I was covered in hives from head to toe. My son drove me to the hospital and by the time we arrived just 10 minutes later my hands were turning blue and my BP was extremely low. After 6 hours of Benadryl, Epi-Pen, and my blood pressure rose to 91/63. I was able to go home with the warning that over the next few days I could have that same reaction without having to take another pill. So with a large dose prescription of corticosteriods to try to prevent that from happening and an Epi-Pen in case it does, I am taking Motrin and suffering through a little bit of discomfort."

Anonymous September 12, 2010

"It was effective and I am relieved that it worked for me. I am allergic to codeine so this is a great alternative."

Anonymous August 9, 2010

"I was prescribed Vicoden to control pain when I got my wisdom teeth taken out and thank goodness I was. This medicine literally takes away all of my pain, which is unusual, because I am very sensitive towards teeth/mouth pain. My only complaint is that about 20 minutes after I take the pill, I literally cannot do anything. I have to lay with my eyes closed because I am literally incapable of doing anything else. But, if this side effect is the worst that I get (which is so far the only side effect), it is a small price to pay for all of my mouth pain to be gone. I would recommend this."

Anonymous July 27, 2010

"I have had numerous teeth pulled recently, getting ready for dentures and first I was prescribed Demerol which made me feel ill and personally I still felt pain. Then it was Percocet which worked great for pain but made me itch. Finally Vicodin 5 mg which I had to take 1 and a half to knock out all the pain. My dentist tried Vicoprophen 7.5 which worked absolutely perfectly but was a bit expensive compared to regular Vicodin. Well he prescribed Vicodin 7.5/500 and 1 tablet works wonders. I was told that I could take 2 at a time if needed but so far 1 seems to work for about 5 hours. I was told that I could build up a quick tolerance to the drug so I take 800 mg ibuprofen unless I really need the Vicodin."

jglo July 2, 2010

"I take 3 to 5 x 750 during the day(work days) for my back and shoulder pain, due to a car accident. I take 1 before bed time for my shoulder and it works fine. I only take them if I really need them. But they work for me."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

"Prescribed when I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. This worked well on the first day at taking the pain away, but I was unable to sleep. After about the third dose severe nausea kicked in, as well as constipation and insomnia. "

Anonymous June 6, 2010

"I was involved on an job related accident 3-18-95. I had 2 major surgeries on my back. I have been on Duragesic patches, spinal cord stimulator, morphine pump, Actiq lozenges. I have received more relief from hydrocodone and have led a more productive life along with returning back to work full time. "

chronic pain May 31, 2010

"Basically, Vicodin worked very very well for me when I got the two right wisdom teeth pulled. HOWEVER, when I got the left two pulled about a year later, and was on Vicodin, the pain was still so horrid that I couldn't sleep and it was all I could do, not to cry."

Anonymous May 25, 2010

"For acute tooth pain - Vicodin is the drug of choice. After having my wisdom teeth taken out, it worked great for my pain. I only had a popsicle afterwards and did not experience any nausea."

Anonymous May 20, 2010

"I have had serious lower back issues and fusion. Vicodin has been a life saver. I use it after surgeries and then try to use it as sparingly as possible. I have used it off and on for the past 5 years with no problems. I was only taking 3 a week to play golf before last surgery but now trying to take 1/2 to 1 to control pain after exercise or sleeping. Pain in legs also needs Lyrica. Scared of addiction or would be taking more. Also worried that it will stop working. So far so good."

Anonymous May 20, 2010

"Had lower back surgery in 2000ish. Was taking 750mg before and after surgery. Help with dealing with pain and got me back to work as a roofer. Recently my neck had been giving me problems an a MRI revealed disc herniations, bulging disc, degenerative disc disease, flattening of my left spinal cord and a hamangioma, with pain and numbness in my left arm/hand, neck. I've been treating with 500mg vicodin & 15mg Ms-Contin. Brings pain level down to a tolerable level but as always, somedays are better than others."

vile March 10, 2010

"This medication does not work for me. I have fibromyalgia and my doctor just prescribed me 7.5/500s. I can take only up to 2 per day. I've already taken both, and its not even noon yet. And it didn't make a dent in my pain. Very disappointed."

Anonymous February 4, 2010