User Reviews for Acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate

Also known as: Alidrin, Amidrine, Diacetazone, Duradrin, Epidrin, IDA, Iso-Acetazone, Isocom, LarkaDrin, Midchlor, Midrin, Migquin, Migragesic IDA, Migrapap, Migratine, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate.

Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate to treat Headache

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I've been taking Midrin for about ten years for my migraines. It works great if taken on time. When it was taken off the market I went through so many trial and errors with different medications that were prescribed..finally after almost 2 years without Midrin my doctor wrote me a script for Midrin and told me that I can take it to a compound pharmacy...But you have to pay out of pocket...which I do because it helps me sooo much.."

anonymous7 April 16, 2015

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "This was the first medication I received for my migraines, and it worked for 90% of my migraines. However, the side effects left me dizzy, disoriented, drowsy, and just generally intoxicated and unable to perform normal work. I switched to Fioricet, and it's been a much better experience since."

TriangularMann (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I have had horrible headaches everyday for the past 18yrs. When I was young my mother would take me to the er for them, but seeing as how I didn't have nausea or anything besides intense head pain they ruled out migraines and would just send me home hurting. I saw my first neurologist 17yrs ago and he put me on midrin. It is the only thing that ever worked for me. I moved quite a bit when I was younger so I never really had the chance to see another neurologist until about 10 yrs ago, and they wanted to try everything else first. I had an arnold chiari malformation so they blamed it and did surgery. After that they said I had pseudotumor and did regular LPs. Finally got tired of it and stopped seeing neuro 3yrs ago. Need Midrin back!"

hurting in tx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2015

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I've suffered from headaches since elementary school. Somewhat pinpointed it to sinus/allergies about 15 yrs ago since combination of Sudafed and ibuprofen was pretty effective. Take allergy shots, Allegra , Nasonex and still get the headaches unless Sudafed and ibuprofen is taken. My allergist sent me to a neurologist and prescribed Midrin. So far I like it. Took 2 at onset of headache as prescribed and it worked within 45 minutes. Felt a little weird from it. So now I just take one and it works really well all day if not longer. It actually seems to help my eyesight a little and my focus. I was also prescribed a sleep aid but haven't taken any since I really don't have trouble sleeping."

Thomas469 October 1, 2014

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I've had migraines for 15 years. Imitrex made me sick, so my neurologist prescribed Midrin. Its the only medication that actually relieves my Migraines completely. I know they don't have the brand name Midrin but in some places you can get the generic-Isometheptene/dichloralphenazone/acetominophen. It has all the same ingredients, and works great."

Gabbygarza (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2014

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I use Midrin for my Migraines and it is on the Market but not every pharmacy carries it."

EnigmaticB December 20, 2013

"I had my pharmacy order this for me because it recently came back on market and I have tried many preventatives and lots of things to stop a migraine, the only thing that worked was a shot of morphine at the hospital. I was on day 2 of a migraine when my medicines came in. I took 2 pills and in 30 minutes I looked around and noticed almost all of my pain was gone, shortly after all pain was gone. I take care of my child every day and I was able to function well with a little cotton mouth and a feeling of taking a narcotic, but it wasn't as bad as a shot of morphine. "

chrys2013 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I have Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraines, and I was prescribed Midrin and Imitrex. Midrin is the only medication I've ever had that truly helped the migraines! I don't know if it was taken off the market and put back on, but I just got my first prescription for it about 2 months ago, and have since refilled it once. So I know it's available where I am."

MeghanFB (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2013

"I am so glad that they brought back Midrin, it always worked well for me. My neurologist prescribed me another medication to take its place that contained a barbiturate, so rather than take that I suffered through work because it left me with a foggy feeling. With Midrin I can function with a clear mind and is quicker acting than the medication regime than the Toradol/Zofran combination that my PCP prescribed. I don't notice any side effects with my preventatives either as I did with the other."

Nurse4life72 July 10, 2013

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I was diagnosed with severe headaches at the age of three. My doctors concluded I was born with severe headaches and was finally able to explain my pain at age three. I have been taking Midrin since 1988 and I thank my doctor for prescribing it. Every time a new Headache medicine came out I tried it, none of them did anything to relieve my pain ever. Yes, narcotic medicines help to lessen the pain until the pain ceases. Midrin is the only medicine I have ever taken that actually repairs the problem. I take 2 Midrin and a Flexeril at the onset, or as soon as I can and one Midrin every hour to a maximum of 5 in a 24 hour period until the I feel relief coming on. Midrin has never failed me, ever."

Shele (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Sometimes it worked nad sometimes not, but the best thing I've had yet and nothing has duplicated its effects yet."

Anonymous March 11, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Midrin was the only thing that helped my migraines. Normally only one pill took care of the migraine if I took it right away. And I had no side effects. I could work, drive, do everything with no problem. I had problems with other migraine medications, including bad side effects from the generic version of Midrin. But the name brand was great. I can't believe it was taken off the market. "

Suffering in Tampa March 10, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "If taken soon enough, Midrin works wonders for the migraines I get. I have tried dozens of medications over the last 10 years. It is so sad that the FDA has banned Midrin from being sold. I think all of us need to create a petition or something to show that this medication works for us and we need it back!"

Anonymous February 18, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "It worked great. "

danyellrk July 20, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "My wife has been taken Midrin for 15 years after the try this and this, oh and try this. "IT IS THE MEDICINE FOR HER". And now we find out they took it off the market. It is the only thing she has taken that has worked. Thank you FDA and DEA."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Midrin should be put back on the market. It was the only medicine that helped my migraines."

Anonymous June 26, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Suffering a migraine right now without Midrin as it is no longer available. "

MrsMDD May 28, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I have been using this medicine for the last 7 to 10yrs and it has absolutely been a life saver. In the long agonizing minutes of a migraine, nothing can compare to the relief you will get when you take Midrin and the best thing is that it doesn't make you feel funny or bad afterwards."

cottontop69 April 13, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Midin worked so much better for my cluster headaches. Indomethacin temporary relived the headache but the side effects of dizziness and fatigue were counter productive. Midrin allowed me to function and I felt refreshed and focused the morning after. I've been on many medications for my headaches, Midrin was the magic bullet. It's unfortunate I can no longer find it."

Anonymous April 5, 2011

Epidrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "Epidrin works great for my migraines! I do feel side effects of slight drowsiness/drugged feelings but these are much more tolerable then having migraine symptoms!"

Anonymous April 4, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I have taken Midrin for 18 years and now I find out they took it off the market because people was abusing it. It is the only thing I have taken that has worked. "

Anonymous March 23, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "After trying at least ten prescribed medicines I tried Midrin and almost always it rids the worst of my migraine. The nausea and pain and aura go away. I just found out after using my last two Midrin, they are off the market. Wish I knew why or when they will be back."

Anonymous March 9, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I don't know how recent the comments are but my daughter suffers with migraine and Midrin is the only thing that we have found that gives her the relief that she needs to be able to function. I was informed last week that it is no longer being manufactured. We are so scared. I have tried to get it from every pharmacy in town."

precious girl January 25, 2011

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I opted to try Midrin because of it's low side effects compared to the triptans. It works best when taken at the first sign of headache and I find that a cup of coffee not only speeds things along, it helps ward of the sleepy side effect. A piece of bread helps with the nausea that comes with a bad migraine. The best thing my doctor suggested was to keep a headache diary in order to find out what my migraine triggers are. That was a big help! Now I know what to avoid-anything with MSG, also called "natural flavor" and artificial sweeteners were THE WORST!"

Anonymous November 1, 2010

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): "I wanted to tell everyone that I was diagnosed with migraines about 12 years ago, and I was prescribed Midrin / Duradrin / Epidrin ever since. I can tell you, that it is the MOST effective migraine medication that I have personally taken. My migraines have been so vicious over the last 12 years that I have tried EVERYTHING over-the-counter and prescription, trying to prevent them in the first place. I guess at this point in my life so far, nothing we have tried has really had any true success. Either the medicines I was taking to prevent them in the first place caused more side effects than what I could tolerate. I take 2 caps and feel relief usually within 30 minutes and side effects are minimal."

IndianaMedic911 October 26, 2010