User Reviews for Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate

Also known as: Alidrin, Amidrine, Diacetazone, Duradrin, Epidrin, IDA, Iso-Acetazone, Isocom, LarkaDrin, Midchlor, Midrin, Migquin, Migragesic IDA, Migrapap, Migratine, Migrazone, Migrex, Migrin-A, Mitride, Nodolor

Learn more about Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate.

Headache 49 reviews 234 medications

8.4
Summary of Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate reviews 49 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate

Review by EnigmaticB: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I use Midrin for my Migraines and it is on the Market but not every pharmacy carries it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 20, 2013 5:07 PM
Review by chrys2013 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate for Headache: I had my pharmacy order this for me because it recently came back on market and I have tried many preventatives and lots of things to stop a migraine, the only thing that worked was a shot of morphine at the hospital. I was on day 2 of a migraine when my medicines came in. I took 2 pills and in 30 minutes I looked around and noticed almost all of my pain was gone, shortly after all pain was gone. I take care of my child every day and I was able to function well with a little cotton mouth and a feeling of taking a narcotic, but it wasn't as bad as a shot of morphine.

September 11, 2013 7:15 PM
Review by MeghanFB (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I have Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraines, and I was prescribed Midrin and Imitrex. Midrin is the only medication I've ever had that truly helped the migraines! I don't know if it was taken off the market and put back on, but I just got my first prescription for it about 2 months ago, and have since refilled it once. So I know it's available where I am.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 6, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by Nurse4life72: User Rating:

acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate for Headache: I am so glad that they brought back Midrin, it always worked well for me. My neurologist prescribed me another medication to take its place that contained a barbiturate, so rather than take that I suffered through work because it left me with a foggy feeling. With Midrin I can function with a clear mind and is quicker acting than the medication regime than the Toradol/Zofran combination that my PCP prescribed. I don't notice any side effects with my preventatives either as I did with the other.

July 10, 2013 4:28 AM
Review by Shele (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I was diagnosed with severe headaches at the age of three. My doctors concluded I was born with severe headaches and was finally able to explain my pain at age three. I have been taking Midrin since 1988 and I thank my doctor for prescribing it. Every time a new Headache medicine came out I tried it, none of them did anything to relieve my pain ever. Yes, narcotic medicines help to lessen the pain until the pain ceases. Midrin is the only medicine I have ever taken that actually repairs the problem. I take 2 Midrin and a Flexeril at the onset, or as soon as I can and one Midrin every hour to a maximum of 5 in a 24 hour period until the I feel relief coming on. Midrin has never failed me, ever.

August 22, 2012 5:17 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Sometimes it worked nad sometimes not, but the best thing I've had yet and nothing has duplicated its effects yet.

March 11, 2012 5:55 PM
Review by Suffering in Tampa: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Midrin was the only thing that helped my migraines. Normally only one pill took care of the migraine if I took it right away. And I had no side effects. I could work, drive, do everything with no problem. I had problems with other migraine medications, including bad side effects from the generic version of Midrin. But the name brand was great. I can't believe it was taken off the market.

March 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: If taken soon enough, Midrin works wonders for the migraines I get. I have tried dozens of medications over the last 10 years. It is so sad that the FDA has banned Midrin from being sold. I think all of us need to create a petition or something to show that this medication works for us and we need it back!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2012 11:20 PM
Review by danyellrk: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: It worked great.

July 20, 2011 10:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: My wife has been taken Midrin for 15 years after the try this and this, oh and try this. "IT IS THE MEDICINE FOR HER". And now we find out they took it off the market. It is the only thing she has taken that has worked. Thank you FDA and DEA.

July 18, 2011 9:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Midrin should be put back on the market. It was the only medicine that helped my migraines.

June 26, 2011 9:17 PM
Review by MrsMDD: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Suffering a migraine right now without Midrin as it is no longer available.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 28, 2011 5:54 PM
Review by cottontop69: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I have been using this medicine for the last 7 to 10yrs and it has absolutely been a life saver. In the long agonizing minutes of a migraine, nothing can compare to the relief you will get when you take Midrin and the best thing is that it doesn't make you feel funny or bad afterwards.

April 13, 2011 9:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Midin worked so much better for my cluster headaches. Indomethacin temporary relived the headache but the side effects of dizziness and fatigue were counter productive. Midrin allowed me to function and I felt refreshed and focused the morning after. I've been on many medications for my headaches, Midrin was the magic bullet. It's unfortunate I can no longer find it.

April 5, 2011 4:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Epidrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Epidrin works great for my migraines! I do feel side effects of slight drowsiness/drugged feelings but these are much more tolerable then having migraine symptoms!

April 4, 2011 1:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I have taken Midrin for 18 years and now I find out they took it off the market because people was abusing it. It is the only thing I have taken that has worked.

March 23, 2011 11:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: After trying at least ten prescribed medicines I tried Midrin and almost always it rids the worst of my migraine. The nausea and pain and aura go away. I just found out after using my last two Midrin, they are off the market. Wish I knew why or when they will be back.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2011 11:13 PM
Review by precious girl: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I don't know how recent the comments are but my daughter suffers with migraine and Midrin is the only thing that we have found that gives her the relief that she needs to be able to function. I was informed last week that it is no longer being manufactured. We are so scared. I have tried to get it from every pharmacy in town.

January 25, 2011 3:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I opted to try Midrin because of it's low side effects compared to the triptans. It works best when taken at the first sign of headache and I find that a cup of coffee not only speeds things along, it helps ward of the sleepy side effect. A piece of bread helps with the nausea that comes with a bad migraine. The best thing my doctor suggested was to keep a headache diary in order to find out what my migraine triggers are. That was a big help! Now I know what to avoid-anything with MSG, also called "natural flavor" and artificial sweeteners were THE WORST!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 1, 2010 11:54 AM
Review by IndianaMedic911: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I wanted to tell everyone that I was diagnosed with migraines about 12 years ago, and I was prescribed Midrin / Duradrin / Epidrin ever since. I can tell you, that it is the MOST effective migraine medication that I have personally taken. My migraines have been so vicious over the last 12 years that I have tried EVERYTHING over-the-counter and prescription, trying to prevent them in the first place. I guess at this point in my life so far, nothing we have tried has really had any true success. Either the medicines I was taking to prevent them in the first place caused more side effects than what I could tolerate. I take 2 caps and feel relief usually within 30 minutes and side effects are minimal.

October 26, 2010 3:09 PM

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I am sitting here wishing that my head would just explode and get it over with. I have tried many things over the years and NOTHING has ever worked like Midrin. Now every pharmacy I call says it is unavailable. I can barely see and my temples are about to burst. I can't believe that I have felt like this for almost 3 weeks and that there is a pill available out there that could help and I can't get it. I used them sparingly and only when necessary and they sure did the job. I have so many important things coming up in the next couple of weeks and I can't even think straight.

October 23, 2010 2:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Been taking Midrin for 6 years, migraines are getting worse with age. Auras, numbness in arms, cluster headaches. Can't take Motrin anymore, doctor says I've taken too much. Midrin makes me feel like I've taken a muscle relaxer after I wake up the next day. So, the day after I take this I feel like a zombie. Still looking for something better!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 15, 2010 11:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: Medication works always. Takes the edge off, my headaches are absolutely unbearable.

October 5, 2010 1:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I take this for migraines. It is amazing, it usually stops my migraine within a half hour. I usually take 3 Midrin, Excedrin migraine, and 2 aspirin. I take it during aura, usually I have visual disturbances and numbness that travels around my body (along with some other weird crazy stuff). I've also tried Propranolol as a preventative but it causes chest pain and very slow heart rate, so I'm trying Topamax. I still get 3-5 migraines a month, hormone related. I have the Mirena IUD, I would get the Paraguard which has no hormones but I'm allergic to metal, go figure!

September 24, 2010 10:26 PM
Review by Jay John: User Rating:

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: I find that Midrin works as an abortive for my migraines when my preventatives fail. In fact, it works better than the triptans (i.e. Replax, Imitrex, Aexert) and equal to Toradol injections. I only need to take one or rarely two tablets to mitigate the worst of the symptoms. The only problem is that I sometimes get a bit dizzy and panic-prone as a side effect of Midrin. I know this is just mental though as I've taken the medication safely for many years. The relief the medication creates is sometimes incredible and worth the side effects. I find this medication also relieves my occipital neuralgia as well. I've never gotten rebound as I don't take it very often or need multiple doses.

September 18, 2010 7:08 PM